THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters

I had to pay resale on ASG and I wasn't lazy, I tried online but struck out but I did get the KDs and Lebrons, it was the only shoe out of the pack I had trouble getting

and no store around me had them either
Right, doesn't mean you were lazy they were just a tough sneaker to cop for a lot of people

This is just a dumb statement overall

These were a raffle at my local HOH, so if I get 7 people to sign up for me and 300 people sign up total how is that my fault?  The next closest HOH to me is over an hour drive so if I drive there and sign up but still dont win.  Then try online and strike out, even with a bot, how is that my fault?  

Other than resale prices these were not an easy shoe to get it has nothing to do with being lazy

I had to pay resale on ASG and I wasn't lazy, I tried online but struck out but I did get the KDs and Lebrons, it was the only shoe out of the pack I had trouble getting

and no store around me had them either
And that's all I'm saying. With resellers and people who actually want the shoes they sellout quick. 

I wonder if this MP low is ever coming out

cb8b2684781e11e398851245b7a783e5_8.jpg

those be looking fresh, cant wait to get my pair

did you pay more than retail dub?
unfortunately, I did not pay retail :\

I think some people need to start blaming themselves when they dont get shoes.If you didnt or couldnt get the ASG's thats your fault.They were definitely available and being lazy or waiting/wanting to be spoonfed a link or number or oop'd is not an excuse.

Call around and drive to your locals and see whats up.
i got a pair for retail on release day... Just happens I got it for a friend. He got it for retail... I don't have time, nor do I live in areas that even had the shoes. Closest to me is almost 2 hours away... I don't have time to drive around blindly hoping I get lucky.

Right, doesn't mean you were lazy they were just a tough sneaker to cop for a lot of people
tough for me

And that's all I'm saying. With resellers and people who actually want the shoes they sellout quick.
agreed

the suspense is killing me, my ASGs await Chia at his palace! can't wait to get out of work!

you know I got some extra cash I was going to pay rape for a prelude 5 but I may pay rape on a MP if I really like my 9s

either way a reseller is getting his lube ready for me

Last edited:

tough for me

agreed

the suspense is killing me, my ASGs await Chia at his palace! can't wait to get out of work!

you know I got some extra cash I was going to pay rape for a prelude 5 but I may pay rape on a MP if I really like my 9s

either way a reseller is getting his lube ready for me
LOL. I got my ASGs last Fri and as soon as I saw them, I went and found a MP for resell price. I got to go to the Post office to pick em up later tonight. 

Last edited:
Because maybe there are OTHER members on here that live around his area and he's hoping someone would give some answers rather than calling the store. Because the 80% of the time, the employees in the store won't tell you anything or don't know anything. 

I agree to this to some extent. Some members on here live in the middle of west bumble**** and not a single store around them got it. And if they did, there was probably 1 per size with most of them already spoken for. However, if you lived in a major sneaker scene like NYC and didn't get a pair, then yes you are lazy. 3 stores in Staten Island mall got them and thats the lowest of the lowest mall. 

I believe that to be false. just because nyc maybe a major scene doesnt mean every footlockers footaction or whatever store, carry all releases.
so how would it be lazy of a person to go through resources first before making a trip to wherever

Last edited:
Not saying it was the easiest in the world but it seems like so many people give up before the release day on these shoes.I mean we got people paying resell prices on preorders before even trying for the damn shoes.

Even atc's were only $20 and $30 to get these.How the hell you think about paying for a preorder which is $125-$150 over retail or driving for a raffle before trying an atc?If you want the shoe use all options.

Then you have some people who dont know how HOH's even work and ask a million questions on here instead of finding answers for themselves.

Then must we forget the ASG's were NON TLO on Nike.Just type in the damn style code and refresh at 7:58-8:00 and it is there instantly.Its gets no easier than that.Literally took me 1 min to add pairs and it wasnt an instant sell out.

I swear,Yes some people are lazy and make it harder than it should be.The MP's were hard to get no lie but not these ASG's at all.

Also resell on these ASG's were alot lower and you couldve gotten then for the $325-$375 range instantly.Now if you dont want to pay resell then I can live with that and understand but it was alot of chances to get them imo.

Now if you went through every and I mean every option and didnt get these maybe you just were unlucky and not lazy.But I know most people didnt use very option or try as hard as they could.

For example I wanted the YOTH dunks and was 0-22 on release day.Yes I called and went to 22 different sites and shops for the shoe.Barely missed on like 12 of them or they didnt have my size.Instead of giving up I searched all day and found 2 pair later that day and night.So I ended up 2-28 on sites and shops.Before all that I couldve used an atc for $25 and got them easily tho.

I learned to do my homework and when the tiffany dunks released the next week I had over 70 shops and sites lined up and got some pairs without much work.

Last edited:

I wonder if people will ever stop posting this folded down MP, it's getting really old! It's like every 5th page at this point!
Sorry, can't remember sometimes with the leaked pics.  It does look pretty convincing though.  The source was the same guy who posted the EM yellow and black ones on IG.

Which sites besides FA, Eastbay and Footlocker.. i could cop the inspiration this saturday online? thanks

Not saying it was the easiest in the world but it seems like so many people give up before the release day on these shoes.I mean we got people paying resell prices on preorders before even trying for the damn shoes.

I'm different...

I just wake up, grab my phone at 6:58am and try to get through when the shoe goes live...

Hit or miss (been a lotta hits lately), then it's back to bed.

My attitude is, "If I get em I get em, if I don't I don't." Plenty of releases coming in the future.

I'm different...

I just wake up, grab my phone at 6:58am and try to get through when the shoe goes live...

Hit or miss (been a lotta hits lately), then it's back to bed.

My attitude is, "If I get em I get em, if I don't I don't." Plenty of releases coming in the future.
I hear ya but some shoes I have to get,but that is usually my attitude as well 90% of the time.

I have never missed a non TLO release tho.

its so ridiculous they way this game is going. why even bother hyping kb9 if going to sell semi gr. kobe 2's sat on shelves for months. Every kobe up until the 4s came out with chaos. was an easy cop. I really believe that was the turning point to this line.

I've always loved kobes for basketball purposes, cuz I played in college. now its becoming a jordan type of effort. just to have quality basketball kicks

I hear ya but some shoes I have to get,but that is usually my attitude as well 90% of the time.

I have never missed a non TLO release tho.
Do you go by TL or product code? Even on Non TLO its the twitter link that i hit on.

its so ridiculous they way this game is going. why even bother hyping kb9 if going to sell semi gr. kobe 2's sat on shelves for months. Every kobe up until the 4s came out with chaos. was an easy cop. I really believe that was the turning point to this line.

I've always loved kobes for basketball purposes, cuz I played in college. now its becoming a jordan type of effort. just to have quality basketball kicks
It must be the way Nike makes all the limited releases.  Resellers think the limited releases will have the most resale markup.  So, they prioritize those first.  That is why there are 490 listings when I checked for Kobe 9 ASG on ebay.  It is madness.  Hype is real and I hope the resellers will be left holding the bag when the resale bubble bursts.  Eventually there could be a mass exodus from resold sneakers and tons of people will be dumping them online just like Beanie Babies ... maybe, not sure, but it could happen.

I believe that to be false. just because nyc maybe a major scene doesnt mean every footlockers footaction or whatever store, carry all releases.
so how would it be lazy of a person to go through resources first before making a trip to wherever
You're just proving my point. Its better to ask members on here about knowledge on which stores will carry what rather than calling or driving up to the store and getting info (if they're willing to disclose it to you) which may or may not be correct.

And yes although NYC is major sneaker scene, not all stores got everything. I'm referring to the ASG were basically almost at every footlocker, even the weak Footlockers that never get anything like the ones in Staten Island the Forgotten Borough.

It will happen. All this shoe hype that's going on is nothing but a fad. It'll last a few years and fade out like everything else does.

Back
Top Bottom