THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
i disagree with this. 

i don't care about that Suns dude debuting them, nor do I care about if there are hints of orange in the flyknit. 

In my opinion, they are Lakers colors. These scream purple and gold to me. 
I know a lot of people who have been dying for Laker colors, so hopefully these will satisfy them. 
If they were going for Suns colors, I don't think they would have put Laker gold laces and accents in them. The orange in the flyknit is just to contrast, in my opinion. 

It is clear to me that the elite collection are shoes in each dude's team colors as shown below

View media item 852539
That and the fact that they are called the "showtime"...

Man the sneaker game is getting to expensive. I have a great job but I look at my account and see I spent 800 on the last 3 Kobe's then I'm seeing more stuff I want. It's crazy I want 3 of the lows up there and to think we haven't seen the flynit lows. A year left of the 9s smh almost then we got the 10s and I'm gonna want them. Stressful
Yeeeeeap. I'm doing well but really can't rationalize having multiples and buying so frequently.

Been trying to get people to let me use their discount on the perspectives, but looks like I'm not having any luck.... probably going to just buy them for retail on friday. I actually have to go a size down.

Last edited:
Been trying to get people to let me use their discount on the perspectives, but looks like I'm not having any luck.... probably going to just buy them for retail on friday. I actually have to go a size down.
From my understanding employees are no longer allowed to use their discount on big releases.

From my understanding employees are no longer allowed to use their discount on big releases.

I got my discount on the Perspectives. They are being funny with discounts though.

That and the fact that they are called the "showtime"...

Glad this is the pair releasing, not the PJ Tucker pair with volt lining, orange flyknit and shozoku. Nike even gave these different laces as well to try to make them more "Lakers-ish".

Last edited:
You could see a little of the label in the back tongue and read time for sure. But nike could always change.

NEW PICS of the BRUCIE's... courtesy of The 'Bay.

Definitely should've went with a Black Tongue to break up the Monotony.
grin.gif

Currently on the Fence til I scope in person.

Last edited:
Something just looks off cant put my finger on it. Have too many 8s maybe thats the problem.

Something just looks off cant put my finger on it. Have too many 8s maybe thats the problem.

I've got plenty of 8s too, but I was really looking forward to these lows.

They just look too plain and the heel looks kinda bulky... esp for $160.

Looks like they should be a Venomonom or something. :rolleyes

Last edited:
Not sure how dudes are feeling these lows, I feel nike has put out the same shoe with a few variations for the past 5 models and dudes are eating it up cause the Kobe tag. The lows don't strike me as a premiere nike athlete signature.

To each their own

I don't understand how people say/said, "I'm gonna get the Bruce Lee's and be done with the low's" Or "I'm getting MP's and I'm done with elite's." When you all know damn well that there will be at least 10 more colorways of each to choose from and chances are a better one will pop up than both of those.

I've got plenty of 8s too, but I was really looking forward to these lows.

They just look to plain and the heel looks kinda bulky... esp for $160.
This. Hopefully its not the case and they are good for ball because they do look cheap and bulky around the heel.

I don't understand how people say/said, "I'm gonna get the Bruce Lee's and be done with the low's" Or "I'm getting MP's and I'm done with elite's." When you all know damn well that there will be at least 10 more colorways of each to choose from and chances are a better one will pop up than both of those.

Typically I agree, but for me the elites are such a crazy silhouette that I wouldn't want 10 c/w's.

I look forward to my one pair, but I wont be wearing this shoe everyday and color coordinating with my outfits.

I have no need for more than 1 c/w no matter what they come up with.

...and the lows are boring as hell.

I think once they start releasing the lows the elites will taper off and people who like the last few kobe shoes return to buying the shoe.

Its funny how people were saying how lebron not wearin his sig shoe was a problem yet kobe may never wear the 9 (elites at least) in a game yet so far the shoes have sold out in every cw. Just shows its more about design than athlete endorsement these days, I know kobe the brand still is a factor but this winning rings championship team is not applicableany more especially when you compare it to tbe kd line.
Well, Lebron was healthy and playing in games and STILL wasnt wearing his XI's.. that's what people were upset about. Kobe obviously can't step on the court. Now if Kobe wasn't injured and still didn't wear the IX's then I'd be worried. But that's clearly not the case.

Back
Top Bottom