THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
Originally Posted by EightFiveFresh  
The sole in the front of the Kobe 9 is awful, it's ok with the ultra high elite but not for the lows.

The Kobe 8 is really more elegant, stylish, pure...

The Kobe 9 design is gross.

Typically I agree, but for me the elites are such a crazy silhouette that I wouldn't want 10 c/w's.

I look forward to my one pair, but I wont be wearing this shoe everyday and color coordinating with my outfits.

I have no need for more than 1 c/w no matter what they come up with.

...and the lows are boring as hell.
I agree I am not all to impressed with the low and the elite is dope but I am not trying to get like 10 different elites at that price.. That's just me tho.

the 9 has been a big disappointment for me, hate the uggs and not totally feeling the lows, maybe its just the pics

View media item 854108

The sole in the front of the Kobe 9 is awful, it's ok with the ultra high elite but not for the lows.
The Kobe 8 is really more elegant, stylish, pure...
The Kobe 9 design is gross.

you're comparing a stock photo to an amateur shot.

this was the leaked kobe 8 pic.. look at how terrible the shape of the shoe looks. MOST were writing this shoe off immediately with this pic, and now it's one of the most successful shoes in the kobe line .

View media item 854136
just saying.. :tongue:

Last edited:
In the games kobe played this season he wore the 8 even tho the 9 was available to him everyone first saw him wearin the 9s in pickup games pre return yet he wore the 8s. Same logic applys here as lebron in that he chose not to wear em in games.

It is pretty funny following this thread and seeing so many people complain about the high's when the first were revealed and wanted a low so desperately.  Now that some bad pics of the lows have surfaced people are saying the low's are no good and that the high's are much better.  Just wait on it it will grow with time like nearly every Kobe release has.

It is pretty funny following this thread and seeing so many people complain about the high's when the first were revealed and wanted a low so desperately.  Now that some bad pics of the lows have surfaced people are saying the low's are no good and that the high's are much better.  Just wait on it it will grow with time like nearly every Kobe release has.

This

In the games kobe played this season he wore the 8 even tho the 9 was available to him everyone first saw him wearin the 9s in pickup games pre return yet he wore the 8s. Same logic applys here as lebron in that he chose not to wear em in games.
I think it was more of a timing issue with the kobe 9 he was wearing some of the prelude pack when he came back because those were his signature shoe that was dropping at the time. The mp didn't release till after he was injured again. The 9 feels good to me when I play in them. I played in the 8s all last year...

Last edited:
you're comparing a stock photo to an amateur shot.

this was the leaked kobe 8 pic.. look at how terrible the shape of the shoe looks. MOST were writing this shoe off immediately with this pic, and now it's one of the most successful shoes in the kobe line .

just saying..
tongue.gif
I took a picture with the same angle. The "amateur" shot is clear.

There have been a decent amount of pics posted of the Bruce Lee's

And we also have been shown 3 other low c/w's.

How many pics should ppl have to see before they are allowed to give their opinion? Lol

I've been in for one c/w of the elites since the first image surfaced.

That has not changed in the last few months.

The Kobe 9 low reminds me of the Kd trey5 a little. Very nice in my book. The Bruce lees :smokin

Lows are weak... Same thing as last year... Nothing innovative or different about em... Some dislike the elites but I like that they took another direction...

I never been a fan of any of Kobe's past lowtop signatures like that really at all though except the V but if I had to say which one is the least appealing it's this one.

I think it was more of a timing issue with the kobe 9 he was wearing some of the prelude pack when he came back because those were his signature shoe that was dropping at the time. The mp didn't release till after he was injured again. The 9 feels good to me when I play in them. I played in the 8s all last year...
Yeah, I would agree in Kobe's case that it was more of a timing thing than anything else for why he didn't wear the 9s. He's pretty much always debuted his newest sigs right on or at the very least no more than a game or two right before the official release date, same goes for a lot of the new sig debuts. He would have been wearing the 9s about a month or two early if he wore them right when he came back.

In Lebron's case...that's clearly just him choosing not to wear the XIs. We've had a whole season of evidence to back that up.

There have been a decent amount of pics posted of the Bruce Lee's

And we also have been shown 3 other low c/w's.

How many pics should ppl have to see before they are allowed to give their opinion? Lol

I've been in for one c/w of the elites since the first image surfaced.

That has not changed in the last few months.
I want a pair, I was just expecting a little more to be honest but regardless I will buy at least one pair

So kobe is confirmed out the rest of the year, guess we have to wait til next season to see the IX worn by him in a game

Pretty much. When the pics first leaked of the highs I was calling them the greatest kobe of all time and said the highs would be way better then the lows.

Looks like I was just ahead of the times :pimp:

no point in kobe returning this season. if the lakers were in the playoffs/playoff hunt, then i'm sure he would have been back by now

Back
Top Bottom