THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
I must admit I started to doubt a flynit low but just the way the launch calendar wrote "Kobe 9 em" instead of just putting low definitely makes me feel that the flynit low will indeed be coming coinciding with that pic of release pages back

I'm ready for the 10's lol..

so far, the low's are not to the 8's standards and worth the $20 increase.

the highs are nice but not my thing for casual wear. performance wise..it's more hyperfuse than flyknit and i hate hyperfuse.

Kobe will never wear the kobe 9s. 8)what a shame:smh:

Nike plans to keep this staggered release scheduled for its signature athletes.

That would mean the 10's aren't releasing until next February giving Kobe plenty of time next season to play in the IXs.

...unless he retires this summer.

"...unless he retires this summer."

DON'T say that!

Lol

I'm being realistic.

As of now, the man can't run or do any type of basketball movement.

He's still restricted to the bike

He said his entire career that he doesn't wanna play if it's not at a dominant level and that averaging 15 points a night isn't good enough for him.

Odds are we won't see a Ray Allen/KG phase of Kobe's career where he's just a veteran role player on someone else's team.

...and if you're a fan why would you want to?

he's still under contract anyways. And he has wore kobe 9's, just not officially on a game court. If it wasn't for that original flyknit commercial with the MP's, i would've probably passed.

Nike plans to keep this staggered release scheduled for its signature athletes.

That would mean the 10's aren't releasing until next February giving Kobe plenty of time next season to play in the IXs.

...unless he retires this summer.
lol yea he just might be done! but I figure Nike will have a new shoe ready for his 2nd comeback. 

Just opened my package from DSG that contained my Inspirations. Don't know if I'm really "inspired" when I look at em. :rolleyes

Don't know whether to return them or just turn them in to beaters...

i wonder if they will continue his line after he retires... they seem to try to innovate nike basketball the most with his line... and i also don't see a transcendent superstar on the rise like they did with KD and getting Kobe when they did. He would need to be just as flashy/explosive as lebron and KD and there isn't any serious 3rd MVP candidates to really build a shoe line around IMO.

Just opened my package from DSG that contained my Inspirations. Don't know if I'm really "inspired" when I look at em.
eyes.gif

Return them, too expensive to turn into beaters. And its not a shoe you can pull off everyday. 

Just opened my package from DSG that contained my Inspirations. Don't know if I'm really "inspired" when I look at em.
eyes.gif

Can't believe you couldn't tell how wack they were just based on the pix alone.  Can't believe I see dudes bagging on the black 9 lows yet praising the Inspiration 
mean.gif

If you play ball, wear em for that.

No hoops for me right now. I have a slight MCL tear, so I'm going through physical therapy. The 9s feel better than my 8s, especially with the Lebron XI midsole switched in.

May just keep em for therapy and the gym. But if I double up on the Details, these Inspirations are probably getting returned.

i wonder if they will continue his line after he retires... they seem to try to innovate nike basketball the most with his line... and i also don't see a transcendent superstar on the rise like they did with KD and getting Kobe when they did. He would need to be just as flashy/explosive as lebron and KD and there isn't any serious 3rd MVP candidates to really build a shoe line around IMO.
He said that he hopes his brand will continue after his eventual retirement in an interview about a year ago.  Who knows if Nike will give him a semi Jordan treatment or not, but if the money's there for it, I wouldn't be surprised.  

I think this is the interview btw:

http://nba.si.com/2012/12/07/lakers...n-jordan-as-nba-team-owner-during-retirement/

If you play ball, wear em for that.

No hoops for me right now. I have a slight MCL tear, so I'm going through physical therapy. The 9s feel better than my 8s, especially with the Lebron XI midsole switched in.

May just keep em for therapy and the gym. But if I double up on the Details, these Inspirations are probably getting returned.

That works too. They would seem like a good gym/therapy shoe as well. How do these feel with the LBJ XI insoles??? I wouldn't know since I don't own a pair of LBJs, nor do I plan to :lol:

That works too. They would seem like a good gym/therapy shoe as well. How do these feel with the LBJ XI insoles??? I wouldn't know since I don't own a pair of LBJs, nor do I plan to :lol:

The lunar/zoom combo in the Lebron XI is glorious, and since the midsole sits higher than the Kobe 9 midsole, it takes up the "dead space" and provides a better fit... IMO.

Win/Win

Typically I agree, but for me the elites are such a crazy silhouette that I wouldn't want 10 c/w's.

I look forward to my one pair, but I wont be wearing this shoe everyday and color coordinating with my outfits.

I have no need for more than 1 c/w no matter what they come up with.

...and the lows are boring as hell.
I agree that too many of the high's in unnecessary because of the model, but if a crazy colorway comes out that suit's your likings perfectly you wouldn't cop for retail if given the chance? Just saying some will change their minds after saying that.

Back
Top Bottom