THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
The lunar/zoom combo in the Lebron XI is glorious, and since the midsole sits higher than the Kobe 9 midsole, it takes up the "dead space" and provides a better fit... IMO.

Win/Win
Kinda wish I had a pair of 9s in my true size to use the LBJ insert.  The 9s I have are a half size down and fit great for the original lunar inserts, so the LBJ insert is then a little too snug 
ohwell.gif

I agree that too many of the high's in unnecessary because of the model, but if a crazy colorway comes out that suit's your likings perfectly you wouldn't cop for retail if given the chance? Just saying some will change their minds after saying that.

I agree SOME will...

Just not I :lol:

I did the same thing with the KD6's & LebronXI.

I still like copping the new cutting edge designs and silhouettes, but I'm kinda over stock piling c/w's.

I'd rather bring more variety to collection.

The lunar/zoom combo in the Lebron XI is glorious, and since the midsole sits higher than the Kobe 9 midsole, it takes up the "dead space" and provides a better fit... IMO.

Win/Win
You've had good luck with that? It does help with providing a snug, contained fit but it kills the heel lock down since it raises the heel just enough to be above the intended heel location. Have you noticed that? I think I saw you have an mcl tear, so maybe in casual wear it isn't noticeable, but on the court it definitely is, at least for me. 

Last edited:
EM Lows are trash, hopefully we get FK Lows.

On the fence about the Showtime Elites.

I'm glad they got rid of that awful Volt lining, tho.

Last edited by a moderator:
You've had good luck with that? It does help with providing a snug, contained fit but it kills the heel lock down since it raises the heel just enough to be above the intended heel location. Have you noticed that? I think I saw you have an mcl tear, so maybe in casual wear it isn't noticeable, but on the court it definitely is, at least for me. 

Haven't tried em on the court since I'm out of commision for awhile. But for my PT and casual use, they feel great on foot.

Helps make the shoe a little more stable due to the better fit in the toebox, but that can probably be achieved by double-socking as well.

Last edited:
Seriously though. It takes me a solid 5 minutes to read anything that dude posts.

IKR!!

But on another note..

I just tried on my sz 11.5 and 12 blue johns..

I'm a sz 12 in everything else, but the 11.5 takes the cake for me..

I wouldn't tell the avg person to go TTS unless they have wide feet..

So..Aceboogie, this may be your lucky day my dude..

I don't know why there is all the "inspiration" hate. I gotta say they took a little while to grow on me but honestly I feel they are the best outside of the mp's. Not a big fan of the details but I do want to see what the showtime is all about. Big laker dan but still skeptical on them.

As a Lakers fan I have to say I'm not 100% on the Showtime's. Too much laser orange, plus the flyknit showing green yet again might make it a pass for me.

Based on that calendar a few pages back though, Wolf Gray Elite and Hyper Grape lows have big potential. Looks like Hyper Grape might be the first Flyknit low.

Just left my local HOH in LA and they said they only got 18 pairs of the black & yellow kobe 9 lows. Looks like there going to be tougher to grab then I thought....

they might not be too tough to grab. We have to wait and see how it looks on nike insider and foot locker launch calendar. For some reason I see them being easier than the Elites but it's too early to know anything.

The stores hold the shoes for that long. Thats guarantee Employee foot in your shoes before you buy. Damn stanky feet.

Don't remind me. My girl won a raffle for the KP XI at champs arden. When we opened up the box at home they were untied, missing the stuffing paper, and the soles looked like a worker rocked em for an entire shift :smh:

I have some friends that work at ftl and when they tell me so and so shoe feels good all I think is "sucks for whoever buys that pair"

Well it's all part of buying a shoe. You know somebody has tried it on once, twice or thrice. As long as it still new and smells new I'm good with it.

Back
Top Bottom