THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
the price will prob go up to 150-160.. if the KDs went up and lebrons stayed at 200.. if the kobes are high tops they will go up

This is kinda off-topic, but why did the price drop to $120 for the IVs again? Weren't the 3s $130?

This is kinda off-topic, but why did the price drop to $120 for the IVs again? Weren't the 3s $130?

Yes, 3s were &130.
It was to MY KNOWLEDGE at the time that the price drop was because the line went to a lower cut and Nike didn't know how well it would be received. Hence, the price drop. It also just makes sense. Lows generally MSRP for less than mids/highs.

Kobeoverbron could probably elaborate more.

For those doubting the flyknit...

Compare the engineered mesh on some of the Nike running shoes, and then on the Kobes. Nike made it more rigid.

Compare the flyknit on the original flyknit and chukka models, and now the free flyknits. From what I've heard, the free flyknits have crazy support. And when I've held them in hand, it resembles engineered mesh.

Excellent point SDubl, I fully expect Nike to have thought out about structural support for the upper for a basketball shoe. I'm just excited for real pics and a NW review down the road haha. Only gripe with the 8 was how soft the EM became after months of continued usage on the court. Though it was still rigid to a certain degree, it definitely became more pliable than that first time you laced them up. Hopefully the flyknit does not follow suit in that regard...

I put one and one together and Kobe might get the same treatment. They might do something with "24" and "9" hidden within "KB" or something.

You can see the jersey number and sig model number within the detail/logo on the tongue of the kd vi and lebron xi.
200x400px-LL-c602bd67_PhotoGrid_1377377804288.jpeg

View media item 553253

Last edited:

Compare the engineered mesh on some of the Nike running shoes, and then on the Kobes. Nike made it more rigid.

Compare the flyknit on the original flyknit and chukka models, and now the free flyknits. From what I've heard, the free flyknits have crazy support. And when I've held them in hand, it resembles engineered mesh.

You're exactly right!

I wonder what they spray on the EM & FK to make them more rigid?

You're exactly right!

Id like to check this out what other nike models feature engineered mesh?

You're exactly right!

idk if its that. there is a material underneath the mesh on the 8s. im sure the 9s will have the same thing, wont be purely flyknit like it is on the racers/trainers

no use speculating, they will be a mid cut. Is there a strong chance we'll see a low version? of course.

Kobe always tests certain aspects of his upcoming sig on his current sig. That's why they made a mid top Graffiti. mmmkay?
remember the Hyperdunk x kobe 4? Everytime there is a major change, expect kobe to test some hybrids.

i'm positive the mid top graffiti's had to do with giving his achilles extra support.

i still refuse to believe that we'll see a mid top kobe 9, i refuse!!!

(not that i don't believe you, i just don't want to believe it. i love low cut shoes)

i'm positive the mid top graffiti's had to do with giving his achilles extra support.

i still refuse to believe that we'll see a mid top kobe 9, i refuse!!!

(not that i don't believe you, i just don't want to believe it. i love low cut shoes)

haha! i know man, but to be honest, I'm kind of happy that we're finally seeing a change in overall design. I'm tired of lows actually. I got tons of Kobes man and I need something different. LOL

Yes, 3s were &130.
It was to MY KNOWLEDGE at the time that the price drop was because the line went to a lower cut and Nike didn't know how well it would be received. Hence, the price drop. It also just makes sense. Lows generally MSRP for less than mids/highs.

Kobeoverbron could probably elaborate more.

Yeah, being a low indeed brought down the price, less materials and a lighter shoe will warrant less $. If you can remember, there was crazy marketing behind the zk4 and everyone was talking about it. Everyone. That's how nervous Nike was with their new product. When Nike is serious in telling a product's story, you know that's a critical time and they're not gonna let the opportunity slip.

Damn, love the 4s.

^Why not? I'd much rather have flyknit than fuse or something plastic. They're probably gonna have fuse reinforcements in the upper anyway to stabilize it.

I don't know if it's been posted yet but I heard from a shop that only 4 US retailers will be carrying the 9s. Can anyone confirm this?

I don't know if it's been posted yet but I heard from a shop that only 4 US retailers will be carrying the 9s. Can anyone confirm this?
I haven't heard that, but I did hear they won't be as widely available as past years... Pretty stupid to do something like that when the 8s are selling like hot cakes.

Wonder if the 4 stores is only for the HTM pair that's rumored? That makes more sense.

I haven't heard that, but I did hear they won't be as widely available as past years... Pretty stupid to do something like that when the 8s are selling like hot cakes.

Wonder if the 4 stores is only for the HTM pair that's rumored? That makes more sense.

That would make no sense, like the kobe 4s and 5s both never made they're way around any of my local stores, i had to drive 15 - 18 miles to get pairs :stoneface:

If these are the same i will be so dissapointed

Back
Top Bottom