THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
Im sad to have not balled in the inspirations today but oh well. Who is all in on the showtimes? sometimes they look more orange then yellow but im hoping they have a yellow look in hand.

Last edited:
Gonna see if I can go to a art store and find some of this yellowish/ golden tape and tape it up f**k it. No complaints on performance side.
That actually might do the trick.  The toe strip does sort of look like some yellow tape 
laugh.gif

Im sad to have not balled in the inspirations today but oh well. Who is all in on the showtimes? sometimes they look more orange then yellow but im hoping they have a yellow look in hand.
Maybe because the official colors for the Showtimes are: Court Purple/White-Laser Orange-Wolf Grey...

Last edited:

Same toe cap issue happened on my purple fade 8s and Pit Vipers. 

Nike QC strikes again!
It has nothing to do with QC... This will happen to any Kobe 8 or future 9 lows with the solid colored toe caps. I've seen it on literally every 8 CW that's been played in, now we're seeing it again with the first 9 low.

What I don't get is why Nike doesn't/didn't go with the translucent toe caps on every Kobe model. It holds up on the court better and there's not a single CW that wouldn't LOOK better with it instead of the solid coloring.

Last edited:
wonder why they are using so much orange flyknit on these kobes. did they get a bunch of left over orange?

It has nothing to do with QC... This will happen to any Kobe 8 or future 9 lows with the solid colored toe caps. I've seen it on literally every 8 CW that's been played in, now we're seeing it again with the first 9 low.

What I don't get is why Nike doesn't/didn't go with the translucent toe caps on every Kobe model. It holds up on the court better and there's not a single CW that wouldn't LOOK better with it instead of the solid coloring.

This. makes no sense. Easters have translucent so I will cop. Won't cop anymore lows unless I like them and have translucent toe cap.

I've been looking around.....any spots with the Perspectives for a decent price? I should have grabbed that size 11 on myOS last week....

I would consider myself a slasher and things have been fine in these.  However, the heel doesn't quite stay put (in the elites).  With the high cut and even after lacing them up well, the heel lifts out of place slightly.  I think the highs would have benefited from a little bit more padding internally around the ankle which would help keep your heel in place.

Anyway -- definitely something noticeable, but I haven't found it to be dangerous and I've definitely been hard on my pair.  For ref I went a half size down too.
Thanks for the help.
Yea I saw that, don't see the address though, just says Austria.
They give you an address when you sign up I believe. I am always ordering stuff from both Euro and USA. Being an American living in OZ you became very resourceful. BUT as the above poster said you can buy from Euro now. So you dont have to worry about the forwarding company.

Maybe because the official colors for the Showtimes are: Court Purple/White-Laser Orange-Wolf Grey...
I know that... some photos they look more of a golden yellow. I know that it says laser orange and ive said that on previous posts. Thanks though for tryin to make me look like an idiot.

^ :lol:

I saw the Showtimes... in person the laser orange looks golden yellow rather than "orange".

Still wish that purple was a little bit deeper tho...

Still a game-time decision.

Last edited:
Is there a Kobe 9 EM PREMIUM? Ends upcoming release calendar has one for 4/12/14:

Kobe IX EM Premium Laser Crimson 669630-604

They have it releasing alongside the Lebron and KD Elite 'Team' shoes, but as with the other Kobe Elite's they aren't releasing the Kobe Elite team. The other Kobe low product numbers start 646, some later in the year start 639, but I can't find anything about this EM premium or the product number they give. End already had Kobe 9 EM Kung Fu info on their calendar back when they release and the Easter low is shown on its RD. Maybe its a mistake...

i was just in London last week. saw a House of Hoops on Oxford street and decided to check it out.

on the shelf, were all of the Kobe 9's released to date. i only picked up the Details.

Thanks for the heads up bro! i ask a relative to buy the MPs :lol:

Is there a Kobe 9 EM PREMIUM? Ends upcoming release calendar has one for 4/12/14:

They have it releasing alongside the Lebron and KD Elite 'Team' shoes, but as with the other Kobe Elite's they aren't releasing the Kobe Elite team. The other Kobe low product numbers start 646, some later in the year start 639, but I can't find anything about this EM premium or the product number they give. End already had Kobe 9 EM Kung Fu info on their calendar back when they release and the Easter low is shown on its RD. Maybe its a mistake...
Maybe it's a Kobe 9 low with carbon fiber.

I could see it happening. They just came out of nowhere with the Influence release.

Back
Top Bottom