THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
It's all up to the employees/managers in most cases.

When Python 8s dropped, I went into footlocker after they opened and asked for my sz 13. They brought it out, and I asked if I could use bday coupon. Dude told me no. I said never mind.... Went and did some other stuff in the mall, as I walked past footlocker on my way out, dude ran and got me and told me he could.

They really want to make as much $$ as they can, if they know/think it'll sell out, they won't let you use it for a few days. If no hype, they'll let you use it just to make that sale.

Wore my Easters today.

damn fine looking shoe.

The EM 9s make great drivers too with the extremely thin outsole and tight fit. Good pedal feel in my car.
haha…as soon as I read "great drivers" i was like oh hell yeah they do thinking, dude these things got traction like no other shoe and I can drive on pretty much anyone.  Then I read the rest.  

*Small Performance Review Low*

Honestly tho.  Played bball in Easters a few nights ago-ran about 2 half court and 2 full court game and then just shot around and threw some dunks down.

Shoe is without a doubt a better performer than the 8s.  Usually, I'm all for the lightest shoe but these are a tiny bit heavier than the 8s but it doesn't matter on court.

Traction- It's not that the shoe uses a different traction design than the 8- it's that the outsole is a completely different rubber/material.  It's stickier and it really does make a difference on the court.  The 8s are great, but the 9s are better- u really can't get better than the traction on these. Now, this was all indoor/hardwood…there's no way I'd say outside court. The 8s would be better for that-I ran my pythons dry on outside courts and they held up pretty well, but 9s would not. Advantage 9s…but 8s outdoors

Comfort- So these imo are quite a bit more comfy than the 8s.  IDK if its the extra padded tongue or that they put more padding on the heel cuff. But it's definitely a more comfortable shoe just walking around than the 8s. Advantage 9

Support- I know y'all probably have seen reviews before that say "yeah lunarlon, its the same". No its not. Obviously it's still lunarlon, but the 9 has thicker lunar-slower wear down,  plus the shape is a bit different, and the insole traction on ur foot is better.  The sides are a bit deeper on the 9s, which adds to lateral support.  The 8 was constructed as having Em then right inside there's little strands of fuse that make it sturdier-to wear the 9 has the em then flywire then another sheet of idk what but even tho I think the fly wire doesn't add much as far as tightening the shoe laces and shoe, I think it does add a little support laterally that the 8 didn't have. Advantage 9

Aesthetics- So this is where the 8s make a difference ( as well as being lighter). From being on this site a ton of people just like nikes for aesthetics-which i do too, but not as much as some crazies - but i like to use them as they were intended.  The 8s are a much better looking shoe than the 9s, and I think most people agree with that and that's why sales are slow for the 9 lows (or just waiting for the hypeness of the fk lows, wow, omg, wow, ****).  The 8s were an absolutely great shoe, from the diff color ways, to the huge selection, to the FADES, to the performance aspects of it-Liiiiiight, to the crazy limitedness ( not sure a word ha) of it in certain color ways.  Nike did great by the 8 besides holding out on a few like amnesty, inline…but overall amazing shoe. The 9 low em is in most peoples standards not a good looking shoe, tho I think it is in its own way….advantage kobe 8

Overall - This is a shoe that I hated, definitely hated on the high (elite) one, and initially thought the lows were weak- but overall tho we might like to just throw the 9 ems aside because all the beasts want the FK lows - i do too - but these 9 em lows are absolutely amazing performers. They wipe the floor with the 8s for INDOOR traction, are more comfy and give a lil better support. Only thing 8s have and why I think a lot of us have a ton of 8s is they look amazing-just a great looking shoe.  In the end it depends. 9 em or 8? It's tough , obviously if ur ballin' u buy a 9, but if its for both or just wearing around it's close. My ultimate verdict is I want to see all the 9 color ways before I pick…but really its all everyones own opinion- but don't think at all the price hike from 140 to 160 is unwarranted. It's a better performing shoe…period. 

Last edited:
Dang, which HOH is this that let you use the bday coupon on release day?  So inconsistent.  I couldn't use it for the Easters here and they've been out for a while now.

HOH in Holyoke Mass...actually my first time trying the bday coupon on rd so im not sure if they usually honor it...def doubt it for jays but who knows, like you guys said, each store and employee/manager is different

These crimsons seem to be a little less bulky than the Bruce Lee's. I dunno if its because they're black, but they seem sleeker

^^Damn, looks real good in that shot. Had em in hand today, couldn't pull the trigger, even for $80. Something about that EM or that pinkish red that I'm not feeling I guess.

^^Damn, looks real good in that shot. Had em in hand today, couldn't pull the trigger, even for $80. Something about that EM or that pinkish red that I'm not feeling I guess.

I'm not a big fan of this colorway, but $80 would've been a DONE DEAL for me!

:lol:

Probably none of the big names but probably some of these smaller online sites I suppose.

I was only at one FTL today and they had all three lows all in my size. Damn. I hope I don't regret passing on all of them right now. The Crimson joints do look good.

It's kind of like that Infrared 6 Red. Kinda Pinkish. :lol:

Another example of why most JB retros are cheeks... :smh:

Definitely coppin the Crimsons in the next few days along with a pair of Kobe Mango IDs :smile:lol)..this crimson colorway is real clean/simple and it will definitely get more wear than like the bruce lees or the easters

Well good morning everyone. Did I just come into a hyped Jordan thread or sumthin?

I looked at this ten times
roll.gif
Yeah, it's pretty funny. Looked liked Glass Joe going down on Mike Tyson's Punch Out for you Nintendoheads lol

You guys take the internet too seriously. It's Sunday. Go play outside. I guarantee you that it's better than arguing on a message board on the weekend.

You guys take the internet too seriously. It's Sunday. Go play outside. I guarantee you that it's better than arguing on a message board on the weekend.

You're right. Let's all go buy some Kobe's in celebration? Doesn't have to be the 9s, because I'm about to pick up another pair of Purple Gradient 8s in half an hour. :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom