The Official Kobe X iD thread

For those that received their grinches with the volt tongues is there some faint red in the shozoku or on the tongue? Received my pair today and it has a faint red on the tongue in the shozoku. I checked the pics here and it kind of looks like it too. Just wondering what others see?

I've seen it on some pairs, hoping my pair coming in won't have that defect. If it does, I'm complaining to Nike!

For those that received their grinches with the volt tongues is there some faint red in the shozoku or on the tongue? Received my pair today and it has a faint red on the tongue in the shozoku. I checked the pics here and it kind of looks like it too. Just wondering what others see?

Hey Guys sorry if this has been answered but whats up with the yellowing on the tongue? 
It's also on the standard models as well.  Didn't bother me tho.  I thought it looked dope
It's the same as the white tongues. That's just the raw material from when it is cut out. It looks yellow on the white tongues.

I did a grinch cw with the non elite version earlier this year and the volt tongue had the same flaw

Last edited:

Both my EM grinch and flyknit grinch had that same red hue where the shozoku symbol was lasered in. I know what you mean.

@Kobe 9 Detail  Great job man 
nthat.gif

Had these made up in my cart so many times but just couldn't pull the trigger at that price point.  The in hand pics last week almost made me break.  Looks great fellas!

too much going on imo

those off-center toe caps would annoy the **** out of me 
This is by far my wildest pair of Xs. I have plenty of other "normal" sneakers.

It bothered me too until I wore them...you can't even tell when they are on feet. From the wearers perspective or viewers.

a little bit, i noticed it yesterday

I apologize for the long read, but these IDs mean a lot, and have a backstory.

Backstory. I lost my dog on December 4th. She had congenital kidney disease. Everyone was unaware of until she was sick, and once she got sick, she was too far gone. She was born with it, and it was a ticking time bomb, that eventually would kill her. Vet basically said he couldn't do anything for her. He even said, they wouldn't have noticed or run tests unless she was showing symptoms, and tests would have indicated her kidneys were functioning normally until she had lost over 75% of her kidney use already. His prognosis for the treatment she would have gotten was almost 0%. And even if by some miracle, she survived, we'd need to treat her again and there's no telling whether it would be weeks, months or years. But likely the former.

My girlfriend and I brought her to the vet that day because we knew something was wrong, and a check up. But we were not expecting the Vet to say, you need to put her down tonight. We couldn't do that, we just couldn't. My girl's mom had a close attachment to the dog, so we couldn't let her go without her mom saying goodbye. Or her pups seeing her 1 more time. Or my folks or my parents dog.

The vet was very skeptical and said she would not survive the night, and could start having seizures. If that happened, we'd take her to the emergency vet that night and put her down, but we couldn't let her go without getting a proper goodbye first.

So we took her home. To the vet's surprise, she made it through the night. She slept in the bed with my girl and I. She had no complications, she fought.

We bring her back to the vet the next day, and asked to run all the tests again, and be sure. Same prognosis. My girl and I spent the next 2 hours with Mercedes trying to comfort her, and trying to say goodbye.

It's really been the hardest loss I've dealt with since my grandfather as a teenager. I've taken it really hard. There was something great about her. She was always sweet to everyone, she never really got into trouble, she followed me everywhere, she was very affectionate. It's been killing me inside asking "what if" and blaming myself.

So when I saw the Multi-Colors one night, I was inspired. The colors reminded me of her personality.

This is Mercedes
View media item 1867778 View media item 1867799

Here's the shoe.
View media item 1867780View media item 1867781View media item 1867782
As I said the flynit was just me randomly seeing them, and being reminded of her personality.

The radiant emerald swoosh and sport fuchsia tongue and lining was inspired by a sweater my girl bought for her. The sweater is more of a purple fuchsia, but I didn't want to go all purple on the shoe, also my girl has a picture of her somewhere where her first collar is more of a pink color.
View media item 1867789-----

View media item 1867790View media item 1867791
The purple is for a blanket Mercedes had a weird obsession with. And the Gum Med Brown represent a few things, it was the closest I could get to her fur color, and she had brown eyes.
---
View media item 1867793View media item 1867794
The black laces with the silver-ish accent represent her collar. May buy new laces where the accent is much clearer.

And finally because you can't put Mercedes, I put 2 different nicknames she had... Saders and Puppet.

View media item 1867795View media item 1867796

Last edited:
essential1 essential1

Thanks for sharing. Man, my eyes watered up reading that. I'm very sorry for your loss. A pet is family too. Great inspiration for your ID. Sometimes the physical is gone, but you'll never let her truly die within your heart and mind.

Back
Top Bottom