The Official Kobe X iD thread

essential1 essential1

Sorry for your loss, and do yourself a favor - don't blame yourself. You obviously love her and would have done whatever it took had you known. Nature is just cruel sometimes.

To quote someone else much wiser than myself: Dogs lives are too short. Their only fault, really.

@Essential1  

Hey man keep your head up. I had a similar situation happen to me right after my birthday this year. Its really like losing a family member and a best friend at the same time. Love the IDs. Great tribute. I hope to do the same.

essential1 essential1

This is what Nike ID is about. Great Kobe X "Sadders" ID. R.I.P. I had lost a Black and Tan German shepherd to Mange. The mind of mange that dogs are born with. I know the feels man. Stay up.

Thanks everybody for the love. I appreciate it.

Seeing all those grinches has me a bit jealous. But couldn't pull the trigger on another $250.

So I went to buy these Kobe x grinchs from someone like 2 days ago off eBay and the guy told me he would ship today, so I contact him to see if he shipped them with no response, so I put in a dispute to pp because he hasn't shipped them like he said he would and he gets mad at me and just refunds my money. I wanted the shoes!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I apologize for the long read, but these IDs mean a lot, and have a backstory.

A touching tribute. Sorry for your loss.....
So I went to buy these Kobe x grinchs from someone like 2 days ago off eBay and the guy told me he would ship today, so I contact him to see if he shipped them with no response, so I put in a dispute to pp because he hasn't shipped them like he said he would and he gets mad at me and just refunds my money. I wanted the shoes!!
You sound so impatient. Did you ever think something came up on his end? 

Ebay gives sellers 2 business days to ship, after that you can ask eBay to step in and have them contact the seller for a reminder. Your purchase is always safe and backed by eBays protection program so you won't lose your money, ever. Rushing to Paypal to dispute in 2 days seems very immature & impatient. 

A touching tribute. Sorry for your loss.....

You sound so impatient. Did you ever think something came up on his end? 

Ebay gives sellers 2 business days to ship, after that you can ask eBay to step in and have them contact the seller for a reminder. Your purchase is always safe and backed by eBays protection program so you won't lose your money, ever. Rushing to Paypal to dispute in 2 days seems very immature & impatient. 

No actually it wasn't immature and impatient. I asked him numerous times to take the listing off eBay and please send me the tracking number once he shipped it. I could not even get him to respond to my emails and text I sent. Plus if he had something come up he could have told but but not once did he say anything

Last edited:
No actually it wasn't immature and impatient. I asked him numerous times to take the listing off eBay and please send me the tracking number once he shipped it. I could not even get him to respond to my emails and text I sent. Plus if he had something come up he could have told but but not once did he say anything
Why would he have to remove the listing if you bought them? Did you try to do a paypal deal outside of ebay? 

Haven't received any update on my Grinch X. Nike just gave me a 20% off coupon. They still don't know what's up with my order tho

Haven't received any update on my Grinch X. Nike just gave me a 20% off coupon. They still don't know what's up with my order tho
How did you get a code? I was on chat with them about my order not getting any update for like 15/20 minutes trying to talk to them about it, I'm not gonna come out and just ask for a code, I won't stoop to that, but did they say something is wrong with the order or it just hasn't started yet? Because that's where mine is at since Dec 22.

How did you get a code? I was on chat with them about my order not getting any update for like 15/20 minutes trying to talk to them about it, I'm not gonna come out and just ask for a code, I won't stoop to that, but did they say something is wrong with the order or it just hasn't started yet? Because that's where mine is at since Dec 22.

I told them my issues. The concern is no one knows where the shoes are. The factory hasn't even started or even been told of the order. The other concern is it's a size 12 and they're hoping my order didn't get lost because they were sold out of that size early. Mine could very well be gone.

Waiting to hear back from corporate

I told them my issues. The concern is no one knows where the shoes are. The factory hasn't even started or even been told of the order. The other concern is it's a size 12 and they're hoping my order didn't get lost because they were sold out of that size early. Mine could very well be gone.

Waiting to hear back from corporate
Ah k, yea sounds like its bigger than just me being impatient about my pair. Bravo, enjoy the code. 

Ah k, yea sounds like its bigger than just me being impatient about my pair. Bravo, enjoy the code. 

I'm in the same boat as you. I made it appear like in concerned more than I actually am. They acknowledged something is wrong that I ordered my pair within the hour that they dropped but haven't received my pair or even an update. They said I should have one by now. So I milked it a bit by adding that the size 12 had sold out early on (took 3 days I think) and being concerned that I wouldn't get my pair

I'm in the same boat as you. I made it appear like in concerned more than I actually am. They acknowledged something is wrong that I ordered my pair within the hour that they dropped but haven't received my pair or even an update. They said I should have one by now. So I milked it a bit by adding that the size 12 had sold out early on (took 3 days I think) and being concerned that I wouldn't get my pair
That's pretty fair. They weren't trying to hear my griping, all I'd really want is an update of some sort. Hope it all turns out for your pair. I'm getting to the point where they could just refund me and give me a code and nix my pair and I'd be ok with it, just getting tired of waiting around. 

That's pretty fair. They weren't trying to hear my griping, all I'd really want is an update of some sort. Hope it all turns out for your pair. I'm getting to the point where they could just refund me and give me a code and nix my pair and I'd be ok with it, just getting tired of waiting around. 

Honestly, that's how I felt until I started seeing the pics. I want them lol. But I will definitely be using the code on some Kobe 11 iDs

So you didn't buy off ebay but instead a PP deal. Did your seller have a high feedback score? 

Apparently Nike lost my order for Grinches after it was processed (Ordered within the first 15 minutes).

If you haven't received any updates yet, you might want to get in touch with them.

I apologize for the long read, but these IDs mean a lot, and have a backstory.

Backstory. I lost my dog on December 4th. She had congenital kidney disease. Everyone was unaware of until she was sick, and once she got sick, she was too far gone. She was born with it, and it was a ticking time bomb, that eventually would kill her. Vet basically said he couldn't do anything for her. He even said, they wouldn't have noticed or run tests unless she was showing symptoms, and tests would have indicated her kidneys were functioning normally until she had lost over 75% of her kidney use already. His prognosis for the treatment she would have gotten was almost 0%. And even if by some miracle, she survived, we'd need to treat her again and there's no telling whether it would be weeks, months or years. But likely the former.

My girlfriend and I brought her to the vet that day because we knew something was wrong, and a check up. But we were not expecting the Vet to say, you need to put her down tonight. We couldn't do that, we just couldn't. My girl's mom had a close attachment to the dog, so we couldn't let her go without her mom saying goodbye. Or her pups seeing her 1 more time. Or my folks or my parents dog.

The vet was very skeptical and said she would not survive the night, and could start having seizures. If that happened, we'd take her to the emergency vet that night and put her down, but we couldn't let her go without getting a proper goodbye first.

So we took her home. To the vet's surprise, she made it through the night. She slept in the bed with my girl and I. She had no complications, she fought.

We bring her back to the vet the next day, and asked to run all the tests again, and be sure. Same prognosis. My girl and I spent the next 2 hours with Mercedes trying to comfort her, and trying to say goodbye.

It's really been the hardest loss I've dealt with since my grandfather as a teenager. I've taken it really hard. There was something great about her. She was always sweet to everyone, she never really got into trouble, she followed me everywhere, she was very affectionate. It's been killing me inside asking "what if" and blaming myself.

So when I saw the Multi-Colors one night, I was inspired. The colors reminded me of her personality.

This is Mercedes

Here's the shoe.

As I said the flynit was just me randomly seeing them, and being reminded of her personality.

The radiant emerald swoosh and sport fuchsia tongue and lining was inspired by a sweater my girl bought for her. The sweater is more of a purple fuchsia, but I didn't want to go all purple on the shoe, also my girl has a picture of her somewhere where her first collar is more of a pink color.

The purple is for a blanket Mercedes had a weird obsession with. And the Gum Med Brown represent a few things, it was the closest I could get to her fur color, and she had brown eyes.
---

The black laces with the silver-ish accent represent her collar. May buy new laces where the accent is much clearer.

And finally because you can't put Mercedes, I put 2 different nicknames she had... Saders and Puppet.
I usually do not quote posts this long without modifying it, but ... it felt wrong to delete anything you wrote about your family member. Growing up, I never had animals. And to be honest, I could never understand people's attachment or relate to them. That is, until my GF wanted a dog and we brought a puppy home. Fast forward, 9.5 years later ... I can't imagine my life without her and my feelings towards animals have taken a complete 180.

RIP Mercedes and sorry for your loss. I guess one of the great things about technology is we have the ability to take pictures all the time. It's comforting to know moments are captured so whenever you feel you need to look at her again, they're right there on the phone with you. Again, sorry for your loss.

Something definitely up with iD orders, no emails or updates online on either pair, and I just called Nike support and they say they don't see anything after the order was taken online...
mean.gif

Chatted afterwards just to see what someone else would say...

Carl: I can see that our Team has not started making the pair of shoes yet hence there is no "We've Started On Your NIKEiD order" email has been sent. But I can see here that our factory have already received your order. We're not far behind the schedule, so rest assured that you will receive your NikeiD shoes not later than February 8.

DW: They haven't started them in the 3 weeks since I ordered? DW: Every other iD order I've done they started within a few days...Carl: I understand that. They might be waiting for materials and stuff, I cannot really tell. But rest assured that you will receive it on or before the Estimated Delivery Dtae of February 8

Worthless as usual.  
tired.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom