The Official Kobe X iD thread

Sorry guys found these on IG, not my pair! 
tongue.gif
ah I see.. ok.. thanks for sharing the pics

I guess I'm in the minority, but the midsoles on those wolf grey pair look horrible and I'm glad I went with the asymmetric pair. With a black tongue they should turn out pretty good. The white and black asymmetric seem to minimize the dirty midsole look where the flyknits is underneath. IMO  

Pics versus having them in hand is a big difference. But so far pics arent showing much promise. Could be eating my words in a couple weeks.

Kinda makes you realize how special last years model really was with the Multi-color Flyknit ID's. Even if they did a multi-color this year I don't think it'll ever be the same. The flyknit's overall look and weave was truly one of a kind. 

To the poster that said they don't like the white toung, I strongly agree. Lucky mines black. But I did do a Beethoven inspired pair with a white tongue after originally designing it with a gray tongue, now I wish I could change it to gray(&gray laces). Still looks dope though.
***To the other guy who ordered on the 4th, any progress yet?? None here.

Kinda makes you realize how special last years model really was with the Multi-color Flyknit ID's. Even if they did a multi-color this year I don't think it'll ever be the same. The flyknit's overall look and weave was truly one of a kind. 
Yes Sir!!!!

I'm debating a black FK pair with rose gold swoosh and gum sole/clear mid. Or I'll just get a third pair of Rose Golds...

I like the asymmetrical pair. Swoosh color being black makes medial side look too dark. I did a white swoosh...I'll see if @Dc30 feels like doing the lateral swoosh black for me.

Last edited:
I like the asymmetrical pair. Swoosh color being black makes medial side look too dark. I did a white swoosh...I'll see if @Dc30 feels like doing the lateral swoosh black for me.
Lol I did my swoosh black so maybe DC could paint the medial white

it almost certainly is, having a glue backing like the 9s. The beethovens i've seen had that purple problem usually happening in the grey area of the flyknit though
Yea that's a good point. I just took a look at my Beethovens earlier tonight, one of the shoes just recently started staining on that little patch of white near the first flywire loop, along with the toe boxes in the grey. 

But the BHMs don't seem to have any staining problems, despite being white/black so I don't think it's a given to happen on these. Seems strange that it would somehow only affect the gray flyknit though.

Last edited:
I can only guess (and hope) that maybe it had to do with whatever process they used initially on the Beethovens. I don't think I've seen any problems on the Details which are grey flyknit, and it would also make the Elevate 10 pair prone to the same issue. So hopefully they fixed it. It's a damn shame though that one of the best pair of Kobe 9's has this flaw.

The elite lows had either more glue, or a different type which was stronger than the highs. The elite highs had fuse panels wrapping around to the midfoot which the elite lows didn't have (they only had the small fuse "teeth" (around the carbon fiber). That might be why they had color bleeding issues.

Last edited:
unsure why some are so critical about the clear/clear midsole/outsole combo when the rose gold highs rolls with the same setup...?

as well as 2-3 HTMs...and i doubt that a light blue tint would change the perceived thickness of the combo much ether.

Last edited:
I don't think it's the thickness, it's that the clear midsole on these IDs looks like a murky gray. It def takes away from the clean look most are looking for, IMO.

Not only that, the Rose Gold's have a black upper.. so it's not noticeable. When you have a white upper, it seems to really bring out the grey in the midsole.

For example:

I don't think it's the thickness, it's that the clear midsole on these IDs looks like a murky gray. It def takes away from the clean look most are looking for, IMO.

I definitely agree with the murky gray issue. But thickness is exactly the same in all the pairs mentioned...and that's the main complaint I saw.

Pulled the trigger after a wait. My homie hit me up with his employee discount plus rebates 12%. I paid $185

Just to add to the convo about MrRebates & gift cards, I just got my rebate confirmation on the pair I used gift cards on as well.

Back
Top Bottom