The Official Lamelo Ball Signature Thread

Now im legit worried. For some reason I love this colorway and wasn't able to get them from puma in my size 12

Now im legit worried. For some reason I love this colorway and wasn't able to get them from puma in my size 12

You're fine. They'll be legit. If the Chinese were making reps of any Melo...it would be the reds or Rick and Morty pair, and they'd be so obvious.

I have my own issues with StockX on the business side, but almost all of the loud, anti-StockX critics you hear are just stirring up trouble because:

- they're resellers and want you to buy directly from them
- they work/advocate for GOAT/FC/Footlocker
- they want to gain traction on social media
- they paid a lot for shoes that had factory flaws and are pissed off

You're fine. They'll be legit. If the Chinese were making reps of any Melo...it would be the reds or Rick and Morty pair, and they'd be so obvious.

I have my own issues with StockX on the business side, but almost all of the loud, anti-StockX critics you hear are just stirring up trouble because:

- they're resellers and want you to buy directly from them
- they work/advocate for GOAT/FC/Footlocker
- they want to gain traction on social media
- they paid a lot for shoes that had factory flaws and are pissed off
This eased my mind. Thank you!!

The whole "volt" thing was a bit odd...they're not volt at all, they're "green gecko" which is a most excellent shade of green in person.

But yes, 01 > 02...will be passing on the nickelodeon pair since I copped the 01 lows

I think it sucks that the big kids get solid rubber and the adults get translucent

You can tell puma didn’t trust the melo line too much on the .01s since every colorway sold out…( some sold out in mins) so that amped it up for the .02 and every single colorway is still available.

Do you guys believe the silhouette really has that much to do with it?

You can tell puma didn’t trust the melo line too much on the .01s since every colorway sold out…( some sold out in mins) so that amped it up for the .02 and every single colorway is still available.

I don’t think it’s that so much as the Mb02 is really just a slightly more refined silhouette of the MB01. I didn’t like the cross hatch midsole on the 1, the 2 is definitely sleeker in that regard.

I think most people were turned off on the upper on the MB02, specifically the wings portion. It almost works best as a kids shoe but, for me, I like the design. I can understand the critique though. Anymore, for most casual wear days I generally prefer more low key plain design but for playing basketball in, I don’t mind loud, exaggerated styling

I could be wrong though lol I’ll let somebody that actually didn’t like the 2s chime in

They really didn’t drop too many cw for the 1. Kinda lost a lot of steam. I think the 1 also has more off court appeal than the 2. So far the cw for the 2s have been 🫤

I think it's both, they learned their lesson by making so few.

I also don't hear you guys raving about the 2's or people wearing them like that.

The 2s are cool, just not quite as comfortable as the 1s. And the aesthetics are subjective but I think a slight majority definitely prefers the 1s.

The video Weartesters did (including the interview with the designer) was good because it showed how the sneaker didn't necessarily get a bigger budget...they had to give and take. I preferred the embroidery on the upper of the 1 versus the fuse on the 2. The new heel counter is neat, as is the pressed "feather" midsole, but you only get pucks of the soft cushioning in the heel and forefoot.

theyre-so-hot-bowen-yang.gif

I think it's both, they learned their lesson by making so few.

I also don't hear you guys raving about the 2's or people wearing them like that.

Agree but it’s also worth noting that the target demo for a Lamelo shoe wasn’t originally adults so I think that kind of surprised puma. LaMelo has always done better with those younger cats as far as popularity

Well my 11yr old likes them. He has been playing AAU since kindergarten and has literally only ever worn kyrie’s or Curry’s.

He’s 5’5 115lbs point guard and the first thing he talked about was the cushion. Only negative thing he said was they felt heavy

Not sure if clearer pics have been posted but nonetheless see below. These actually look solid!

JS”

Back
Top Bottom