The Official Lamelo Ball Signature Thread

Yeah might be time to shut him down for the year.
Would be shocked if we saw him again honestly. With the Bridges situation, it basically forces Hornets to end up with Wemby or Scoot to have any kind of shot at being a playoff team in next two years and keep Lamelo

I think he’s a great player who is coming along nicely in his progression. Nobody thought he’d be the #1 option on any team tbh, so I think he’s filling his natural, pass first PG role well. Shooting percentage is low, but 37% from long range isn’t awful.

He’s gotta improve his defense A LOT. Dude gets smoked on defense entirely way too much. And I’d love to see him drive to the hoop more than he does—he doesn’t get to the line enough. That’ll come with maturity though. He’s still figuring it out.

If you watch the Hornets a lot it’s clear to see that he’s the motor of that squad. He makes everyone out there better, which can’t be said about a lot of NBA players. And no that hasn’t translated into many wins, but that has more to do with personnel issues, injuries, etc. This season was doomed in the off-season, imo. And yes, Mike is a trash *** owner. Franchises staying bad forever has more to do with ownership than players, imo.

Spot on. As someone who watches 90% of the Hornets games and is a die hard fan, he gambles way too much on defense.

that said, the potential is there. He’s and All Star, whether or not he gets to the game this year.

Charlotte has to, as a small market team, go all in on doing whatever we can to keep him even if it means promoting Gelo to a roster spot.

That said….I am interested (you can pm if we de-rail too much) what you suggest MJ do as owner? I’m not going to throw my cape on and celebrate him as a great owner but I don’t think he’s bad.

He’s attempted to pay guys, and they haven’t chosen to come. Since he fired Rich Cho and hired Mitch, I’d argue he’s been quite solid. They’ve drafted great since Mitch came and have attempted to retain talent.

I wouldn’t go into the tax as an owner of a small market team with little playoff hopes either.

As a Hornets fan since the mid-90s...I can confirm this.

They're tanking for a shot at Wemby, but we all know it won't happen. Jordan is a terrible owner.

That's factual with Jordan being a terrible owner as evidenced with his previous experiences with draft picks and running a team. He was just a dope.

He f'd up the Wizards as team president and minority owner when he selected Kwame Brown with the fist overall pick in 2001 to coincide with his eventual comeback as a player later that year. Brown had a good size coming out of high school and seemed to have talent, but he lacked maturity, drive and a brain. It was funny when the late Abe Pollin fired Jordan in 2003 when Michael stupidly assumed he would resume his front office duties and get his partial ownership stake back after retiring as a player again. There was no coming back after all that crap he executed.

Let's not forget when Jordan stupidly drafted Adam Morrison with the third overall pick for the Bobcats in 2006. Nobody saw Morrison having potential as a star in the NBA. He was another one of those typical players who were good in college but couldn't cut it in the NBA. He had diabetes, so he wasn't going to be strong enough to handle the rigors of the NBA as a starter. His trajectory was a sixth man as best based his game and health condition.

I think he’s a great player who is coming along nicely in his progression. Nobody thought he’d be the #1 option on any team tbh, so I think he’s filling his natural, pass first PG role well. Shooting percentage is low, but 37% from long range isn’t awful.

He’s gotta improve his defense A LOT. Dude gets smoked on defense entirely way too much. And I’d love to see him drive to the hoop more than he does—he doesn’t get to the line enough. That’ll come with maturity though. He’s still figuring it out.

If you watch the Hornets a lot it’s clear to see that he’s the motor of that squad. He makes everyone out there better, which can’t be said about a lot of NBA players. And no that hasn’t translated into many wins, but that has more to do with personnel issues, injuries, etc. This season was doomed in the off-season, imo. And yes, Mike is a trash *** owner. Franchises staying bad forever has more to do with ownership than players, imo.

That's the crazy thing about LaMelo is that he exceeded what most expected with him. I didn't think bust at all, but I didn't expect that he would end up being the de facto star of the Hornets. He is a player who will improve every year since he does have the skills. He just needs to work on his shooting. Otherwise, the rest of his offensive game is good all around.

He definitely needs to work on his defense. Unfortunately, he seems more focused on his offensive game and being flashy with it, which isn't a bad thing, but defense is still important to be a complete NBA player.

I think his primary flaw as a player is his conditioning so far. He does get injured fast and often. He needs to start lifting and handling weights. His body type will be a problem in a grown man league. He's still built like a high school kid. He basically looks like a high school kid running around on a NBA court.

Spot on. As someone who watches 90% of the Hornets games and is a die hard fan, he gambles way too much on defense.

that said, the potential is there. He’s and All Star, whether or not he gets to the game this year.

Charlotte has to, as a small market team, go all in on doing whatever we can to keep him even if it means promoting Gelo to a roster spot.

That said….I am interested (you can pm if we de-rail too much) what you suggest MJ do as owner? I’m not going to throw my cape on and celebrate him as a great owner but I don’t think he’s bad.

He’s attempted to pay guys, and they haven’t chosen to come. Since he fired Rich Cho and hired Mitch, I’d argue he’s been quite solid. They’ve drafted great since Mitch came and have attempted to retain talent.

I wouldn’t go into the tax as an owner of a small market team with little playoff hopes either.

You can forget about LiAngelo getting a roster spot because he already got cut in the preseason. Unfortunately, it's his reality that he will never be a legitimate NBA player. I think his only realistic professional opportunities will be overseas in either Europe or Asia. I think he can make it as a pro overseas if he finally decides to be realistic with himself.

Jordan will never be a competent owner because he's too much of an egomaniac. He still tries to come off as a NBA superstar despite being out of the game for so long now. It will always taint his judgement and decision-making as an owner.

Although I will always like him as a legend, I still think he pulled a punk move as an owner in 2011 when he griped to David Stern that he didn't think it was fair to small market teams like his that the Lakers had the agreement to acquire Chris Paul before female dog Stern vetoed it. Dan Gilbert (Cavaliers owner) was the worst one with that email to Stern crying about it, but Jordan was complicit for complaining too, albeit at a lower level with it.

Damn we've been getting a lot of new colorways but not even one has a release date infos after the Jades. :lol:
Hope we can get some with few colorways sooner . .

Damn we've been getting a lot of new colorways but not even one has a release date infos after the Jades. :lol:
Hope we can get some with few colorways sooner . .
Jades were at foot locker last Friday in Fort Worth, TX.

Jades on puma.com.
Something about the $20 hike rubs me the wrong way.

FoN_ZH8WIAIj5z4

FoN_ZIBXEAgKR6R

FoN_ZIBXwAEXRJ9

FoN_ZH-XgAEceko

Rick-and-Morty-PUMA-MB-02-377411-02-Release-Date-3.jpg

Rick-and-Morty-PUMA-MB-02-377411-02-Release-Date-5.jpg

I want to get a pair but I wasn’t really impressed with the first one. Had this one in my hands checking it out but just felt very plasticy if that makes sense.

One minor gripe I have with the 02s is that the toe box is just a tiiiny bit shallower. If I wore a pair long enough to break them in, I'm sure it would go away...but a fresh pair manages to touch the top of my big toe. Didn't have that with the 01s

Thanks! I respect your opinion a lot, so I appreciate that. (I saw that back and forth with bighazy32)

Respect!

I like the way the 1's look more and at this point they might be a classic.

But the 2's are an extension of them just sleeker and a better performer in probably every way.

I will say that the step-in comfort and plushness is better in the 1's but the 2's are more streamlined for performance.

And yes, everyone will say that the 2's feel plastiky and they're right, but that doesn't affect performance in my opinion.

I'm shocked the 2'a aren't getting the luv performance-wise that the 1's got, I think it's because of the look of the 2's.

If you try a pair let us know what you think!

Back
Top Bottom