THE OFFICIAL LEBRON VIII THREAD Updated V3 release 4/16/2011

^ as long as the shoe is hot what do I care what team he plays for
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by CALI J 360

^ as long as the shoe is hot what do I care what team he plays for
ohwell.gif

I agree with you. From a sneakerhead's perspective, it's more about the shoe than anything else. I've got my eye on that blacked-out VIII, myself.
... but I wonder how the general sneaker-buying public is affected.

People walking into a Foot Locker and seeing LeBron branded product may be swayed by negative perception.

Originally Posted by Blue0230

Originally Posted by never wear them

This thread is so dead.....
frown.gif
by this time we were getting mad inside look into the 7s. Don't these release in like 3
months?!
The LeBron hype machine looks like it's out of service. Perhaps due to the ripple effect of The Decision?
Did Bron stock drop a few points?
Honestly, as much as i thought it wouldnt affect me and his line (even after The Decision) and buyin his shoes and PEs; Like i dont even care for the 8s anymore...
It did... on the low... Like my favs/"grails" were alot of the NYC edition __ , CTKs, Blue/Orange PEs and some others cuz first of all they were
pimp.gif
, 2nd is cuz hes my favorite player in the league (which he might still be but it doesnt feel like it ... idk
ohwell.gif
) 3rd is cuz they were NYC EDITION $!%#.. My home. And now after all this and leavin NY hangin and $!%#.. These shoes mean nothin to me, especially cuz theyre HIS.. so idk... I jus have no "fire" anymore to go out and save my $ and drop 7 buckets on a PE of his anymore...

Dunkmans and the Traditional White/Black/Gold are still
pimp.gif
to me tho...

There's a black/gold variant 8 up on ebay. Color blocking isnt crazy at the jump. Probably saving them for quickstrikes and PEs.

sorry but these are garbage, and the last 2 models I have supported pretty well. at this point the only thing that could bring me back is zoom, i don't give a damn wether these have HoH clors releasing as gr's i am not buying this crap.

Sad thing is the kobe line stays pushing ahead and the bron line takes huge steps back. Hopefully JP has nothing to do with this and isn't sullying his name.

Originally Posted by ForeverDecember21

Originally Posted by never wear them

This thread is so dead.....
frown.gif
by this time we were getting mad inside look into the 7s. Don't these release in like 3
months?!
The LeBron hype machine looks like it's out of service. Perhaps due to the ripple effect of The Decision?
Did Bron stock drop a few points?
Honestly, as much as i thought it wouldnt affect me and his line (even after The Decision) and buyin his shoes and PEs; Like i dont even care for the 8s anymore...
It did... on the low... Like my favs/"grails" were alot of the NYC edition __ , CTKs, Blue/Orange PEs and some others cuz first of all they were
pimp.gif
, 2nd is cuz hes my favorite player in the league (which he might still be but it doesnt feel like it ... idk
ohwell.gif
) 3rd is cuz they were NYC EDITION $!%#.. My home. And now after all this and leavin NY hangin and $!%#.. These shoes mean nothin to me, especially cuz theyre HIS.. so idk... I jus have no "fire" anymore to go out and save my $ and drop 7 buckets on a PE of his anymore...

Dunkmans and the Traditional White/Black/Gold are still
pimp.gif
to me tho...

See? I kinda feel like there is a general unspoken consensus about this...
I've been paring my collection down lately - trying to focus it on quality rather than quantity - and I'm holding on to my DS NYC ZLIV just because it is a great shoe... but I don't know if I need to have them anymore. I want to love them, but I kinda feel like the LeBron portion of my collection has lost its "umph."
My ZLIII's aren't going anywhere, though. Those are must-haves as far as I'm concerned.

This is hugely disappointing. The VII was the first LeBron model I really liked. It looked like a true, unique signature shoe. It's beautiful.

But this? Like some bizarro bootleg of the VII.

I do like the inside/arch view a little better. I like the plain toe. The front view isn't even that bad, I guess, or it wouldn't be if not for that god-awful lion on the tongue.

But the outer view is hideous and simply destroys the whole shoe. It makes everything look bunched up and shrunken. The woven pattern around the Flywire is more wack than my use of the term "wack." It's not sleek, or powerful. It's fugly.

Shame to take a giant step back like that.

But maybe the shoe follows the player...

Originally Posted by ForeverDecember21

See? I kinda feel like there is a general unspoken consensus about this...
I've been paring my collection down lately - trying to focus it on quality rather than quantity - and I'm holding on to my DS NYC ZLIV just because it is a great shoe... but I don't know if I need to have them anymore. I want to love them, but I kinda feel like the LeBron portion of my collection has lost its "umph."
I feel the SAME EXACT way... And Lebrons was my "main focus" and now there is no "umph" anymore so my interest in shoes overall has declined a bit , i use to (on my old username) be found in the Sneaker Showcase forum or Nike / Retro all the time. Now i barely go into any of those sections.. idk why
ohwell.gif
... Im actualy still thinkin of parting with some more Brons and shoes .. cuz i dont "love" as much as i use to, plus, $ is tight on me right now , so itd be nice to have more of it right now... I still like clothing/shoes and fashion overall but like u said its more about quality then quantity now... and im jus bein more picky about it, not jus cop jus to cop (i dont got that kinda $ right now anyways if i wanted to
laugh.gif
grin.gif
)

Originally Posted by DrewDioxin

Hopefully JP has nothing to do with this and isn't sullying his name.

He can do so much better, i don't think he's getting the creative freedom he deserves.

sorry but these are garbage, and the last 2 models I have supported pretty well. at this point the only thing that could bring me back is zoom, i don't give a damn wether these have HoH clors releasing as gr's i am not buying this crap.

Sad thing is the kobe line stays pushing ahead and the bron line takes huge steps back. Hopefully JP has nothing to do with this and isn't sullying his name.

The Kobe thing is lame. Perhaps his shoes do well in Asia and LA, but no place else, and it isn't because his shoes are supposedly further ahead. Plastic shoes are plastic shoes.  

"JP" has everything to do with this, so don't start making excuses for this guy and his failure. He is nothing but an overhyped designer, as if the designers are more important than the athlete these days. Nothing this guy has ever done has been all that, then without that hype provided by Niketalk, nobody would give a hoot about some "JP". The last LeBron shoe was nothing but the Jordan XI with max air, and plastic panels. There was nothing groundbreaking or innovative about that shoe. 

I am glad to see the fail, actually, I am estatic. It proves once again that Niketalk is out of touch with the rest of the consumers.

The 8's are just like Lebron in the playoffs a failure, cant blame him for joining wade, he could not win on his own so ride bandwagon with Wade and try for a title.

Originally Posted by Twinsnyc

The 8's are just like Lebron in the playoffs a failure, cant blame him for joining wade, he could not win on his own so ride bandwagon with Wade and try for a title.

U MAD!

Originally Posted by Nat Turner

The Kobe thing is lame. Perhaps his shoes do well in Asia and LA, but no place else, and it isn't because his shoes are supposedly further ahead. Plastic shoes are plastic shoes.  

"JP" has everything to do with this, so don't start making excuses for this guy and his failure. He is nothing but an overhyped designer, as if the designers are more important than the athlete these days. Nothing this guy has ever done has been all that, then without that hype provided by Niketalk, nobody would give a hoot about some "JP". The last LeBron shoe was nothing but the Jordan XI with max air, and plastic panels. There was nothing groundbreaking or innovative about that shoe. 

I am glad to see the fail, actually, I am estatic. It proves once again that Niketalk is out of touch with the rest of the consumers.

I am assuming you don't play ball then if you don't think the Kobes are easily the best performance shoe this year? I hate the guy but Avar made a great piece of footwear. or are you just mad Jordan Brand throws out bad quality retros, AM 90's have an infrared release every 2 months and Foams are still 200 a pop in overhyped colors?

I think Petrie's more an example that someone can make something of themselves coming from humble beginnings like photoshopping on a sneaker forum. I didn't say he was god because there are better designers (Hatfield,Avar,Smith) too name a few but to just trash him because he does was he enjoys and does is fairly competently most of the time is asinine. I just don't think this is his best design.

I swear to christ you can't voice an opinion on NT without someone *****ing/complaining/attacking with less than credible info or examples.

Originally Posted by Twinsnyc

U MAD!

DrewDioxin wrote:

I am assuming you don't play ball then if you don't think the Kobes are easily the best performance shoe this year?
Your opinion on what is best is subjective. Not only do I play, but my opinion is that this shoe is the best.
6b416b6d6ad17c1a60c9e92f2450461ff5f1d690_r.jpg

DrewDioxin wrote:

I hate the guy but Avar made a great piece of footwear.
Again, your opinion. I feel that Kobe's shoes are trash.

DrewDioxin wrote:

or are you just mad Jordan Brand throws out bad quality retros,
I'd play in a pair of retro Jordan XII's, before anything with Kobe Bryants name on it and I am sure that there are MANY who agree with that, especially outside of L.A.

DrewDioxin wrote:

AM 90's have an infrared release every 2 months and Foams are still 200 a pop in overhyped colors?
I have no clue as to what you are talking about here.

DrewDioxin wrote:

I think Petrie's more an example that someone can make something of themselves coming from humble beginnings like photoshopping on a sneaker forum. I didn't say he was god because there are better designers (Hatfield,Avar,Smith) too name a few but to just trash him because he does was he enjoys and does is fairly competently most of the time is asinine. I just don't think this is his best design.

I am not "trashing him" due to him loving what he does, I am simply stated that he is nothing but another one of those overhyped *niketalk legends*, like the infamous "rock deep". His shoes are often nonfunctional, then more flash than substance. For a niketalk legend, very apropos.  
DrewDioxin wrote:

I swear to christ you can't voice an opinion on NT without someone *****ing/complaining/attacking with less than credible info or examples.
Less than credible info? What have you produced that has been proven to be factual?

Back
Top Bottom