THE OFFICIAL LEBRON VIII THREAD Updated V3 release 4/16/2011

Lights out on the hornet colorway
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Must Cop

Originally Posted by Nat Turner

I love playing the quote game!
DrewDioxin wrote:

I am assuming you don't play ball then if you don't think the Kobes are easily the best performance shoe this year?
Your opinion on what is best is subjective. Not only do I play, but my opinion is that this shoe is the best.
6b416b6d6ad17c1a60c9e92f2450461ff5f1d690_r.jpg

Some Adidas?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
  Talk about trash.  And yes it's opinion that Kobe V's are performance beasts, but it's the opinion of thousands of shoe heads.  Not just one dude.

DrewDioxin wrote:

I hate the guy but Avar made a great piece of footwear.
Again, your opinion. I feel that Kobe's shoes are trash.  You know what's not opinion?  Sales figures.  Kobe outsold Lebron (by a mile), and anything adidas made (by thousands of miles)

DrewDioxin wrote:

or are you just mad Jordan Brand throws out bad quality retros,
I'd play in a pair of retro Jordan XII's, before anything with Kobe Bryants name on it and I am sure that there are MANY who agree with that, especially outside of L.A. Your hate for Kobe the player, has clouded your judgement on his signature shoes.  Look how many dudes in the NBA rocked Kobe IVs and Vs.  TONS.  And the players didn't wear his kicks because they're Kobe's "friend", but because his shoes were the best performance kicks Nike had to offer (for guards, although Channing Frye and Turiaf rock Kobe's)  

DrewDioxin wrote:

AM 90's have an infrared release every 2 months and Foams are still 200 a pop in overhyped colors?
I have no clue as to what you are talking about here.
roll.gif

DrewDioxin wrote:

I think Petrie's more an example that someone can make something of themselves coming from humble beginnings like photoshopping on a sneaker forum. I didn't say he was god because there are better designers (Hatfield,Avar,Smith) too name a few but to just trash him because he does was he enjoys and does is fairly competently most of the time is asinine. I just don't think this is his best design.

I am not "trashing him" due to him loving what he does, I am simply stated that he is nothing but another one of those overhyped *niketalk legends*, like the infamous "rock deep". His shoes are often nonfunctional, then more flash than substance. For a niketalk legend, very apropos.  
DrewDioxin wrote:

I swear to christ you can't voice an opinion on NT without someone *****ing/complaining/attacking with less than credible info or examples.
Less than credible info? What have you produced that has been proven to be factual?  Here's a cool fact:Basketball continues to have a tough time after a strong first quarter. Sales of Basketball shoes in June declined in the low single digits. The catalyst for the slowdown was all Jordan. Jordan sales for June declined in the mid singles. Jordan share declined almost 400 basis points to 68%. Brand Nike basketball grew in the high teens and grabbed the entire share Jordan lost to 24%.
So Jordan brand is stinking up the joint in the basketball shoe market, but Nike is taking over that market share.  Hmmmmm, what is Nike's premier shoe?  Oh yeah, the Kobe Bryant Vs.  FTW.

Originally Posted by gottig10

Originally Posted by Twinsnyc

The 8's are just like Lebron in the playoffs a failure, cant blame him for joining wade, he could not win on his own so ride bandwagon with Wade and try for a title.

U MAD!
Wat are u talkin about? Its true...

iriepirate21 wrote:
I love playing the quote game!

I surely hope that your hoops game is better than your "quote" game... 

iriepirate21 wrote:
Some Adidas? Talk about trash.
You are entitled to your opinion.

iriepirate21 wrote:
And yes it's opinion that Kobe V's are performance beasts, but it's the opinion of thousands of shoe heads.
Thousands? That's really not a lot. Got any stats to back up that claim, I mean, outside of Niketalk? I've stated this on another thread, I played in three tourneys this summer here in NYC, and I did not compete once against anyone wearing a pair of Kobe Bryant sneakers. 

iriepirate21 wrote:
Not just one dude.

I am sure that laker fans brought his kicks, just to match the Laker jersey's, doesn't mean that I should pay any attention to their opinion on what may be a good hoops shoe. 

iriepirate21 wrote:
You know what's not opinion? Sales figures. Kobe outsold Lebron (by a mile), and anything adidas made (by thousands of miles)

While sales figures are the bottom line in a capitalist society, it really does not measure what is actually a good product. For instance, we all know that ASICS and NEW BALANCE make the best running shoes on the market. However, a socalled running shoe by Nike, the Air max 2009, did exceptionally well in sales. However, nobody was running in them! So sales figures are actually subjective in the performance sector.

iriepirate21 wrote:
Your hate for Kobe the player, has clouded your judgement on his signature shoes.
Actually, I've played in the shoes, and this is where they belong.
d0f16a696dde7e146b51e8e9ba32a59768520666_r.jpg

I get the shoes for free due to who I know, then what it is that I do for a living. I prefer a more substantial shoe to play in. Minimalism is cool if you are then using a more organic product such as high quality leathers. The design team did a very good job at designing a hoops shoe, while using inferior materials. This makes good business sense, cheap materials, high price point. Nike is making money....but not for the reason YOU think. 

iriepirate21 wrote:
Look how many dudes in the NBA rocked Kobe IVs and Vs. TONS. And the players didn't wear his kicks because they're Kobe's "friend",
When people like yourself suggest this, you act as if there are people here who do not know how the business works, so I will keep it simple for you.
Sneaker companies pay the players to wear their shoes. Nike has more money than anyone in the business, so they have a bit more "influence" to spend and spread around. They know how people such as yourself are influenced by what other people wear, therefore, they will make sure that they gain your attention, by paying as many people as possible to wear certain shoes, so people like you can make a statement like you've just done. Then we get to this...

iriepirate21 wrote:
but because his shoes were the best performance kicks Nike had to offer (for guards, although Channing Frye and Turiaf rock Kobe's)

You are so gullible. Nike will bank on that, you know that, right?

iriepirate21 wrote:
Here's a cool fact:Basketball continues to have a tough time after a strong first quarter. Sales of Basketball shoes in June declined in the low single digits. The catalyst for the slowdown was all Jordan. Jordan sales for June declined in the mid singles. Jordan share declined almost 400 basis points to 68%. Brand Nike basketball grew in the high teens and grabbed the entire share Jordan lost to 24%.
So Jordan brand is stinking up the joint in the basketball shoe market, but Nike is taking over that market share. Hmmmmm, what is Nike's premier shoe? Oh yeah, the Kobe Bryant Vs. FTW.

Now the body of that text, the point about Jordan Brand's bad quarter is correct. What you've done is copy and pasted financial report, then added your own opinion at the end.

So in order to prove that your opinion is not some made up lie, show and prove that the sales of Kobe Bryants shoes are soley responsible for the Nike Basketball increase in market share. I am quite sure that you have no clue as to what you are are suggesting, as Lebron's shoe at a 160.00 price point had a higher sell through than that of Kobe Bryant's. Now regionally, Kobe did well on the west coast and in Asia, but the burden of proof is not on me, as I did not make the claim the Kobe Bryant shoe is the reason for that turn around.

No show your proof, then step up on your quote game.

I am not going to get started on your hoops game, especially since you've obviously exaggerated on something that is not relevant to you... 
eyes.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ForeverDecember21

The 8's are just like Lebron in the playoffs a failure, cant blame him for joining wade, he could not win on his own so ride bandwagon with Wade and try for a title.

U MAD!
and wade can do it with the team he had??.... you acting like having another all star on your team to get a ring is sin and hasnt been done.

Originally Posted by andfattoo

U MAD!
and wade can do it with the team he had??.... you acting like having another all star on your team to get a ring is sin and hasnt been done.
Lebron can do what he wants its his life, but my opinion is that his shoe(
glasses.gif
looks terrible, and fact is Wade never just nutted up in a series he led 2-1 and just folded like the so called King. 

U MAD!
Wen did i say its a sin?
But its true , Lebron cant do it with him being Number 1. There are no excuses. His team finished with the best record in the league.
Everytime playoffs rolls around lebron (Being the number 1 guy) cant push his team forward that FINAL step wen its needed. Tell me im wrong. U cant cuz there aint no ring on his finger.
Join wade and bosh, i dont care anymore which is exactly the way i look at his shoe line now.. and i think that was my 1st ever "statement" where i put down lebron
tired.gif

Those look fire in this vid, need to get a better look at them though. I'm not sure if those are 8's though, cant really tell.

U MAD!
Wen did i say its a sin?
But its true , Lebron cant do it with him being Number 1. There are no excuses. His team finished with the best record in the league.
Everytime playoffs rolls around lebron (Being the number 1 guy) cant push his team forward that FINAL step wen its needed. Tell me im wrong. U cant cuz there aint no ring on his finger.
Join wade and bosh, i dont care anymore which is exactly the way i look at his shoe line now.. and i think that was my 1st ever "statement" where i put down lebron
tired.gif
youre right, he doesnt have a ring on his finger, but he can push his team forward as the number one guy.  He took the cavs to the final with trash and this past season's meltdown can be in a result of several things, but i know if your best friend has relations with your mom, i would think that would make u a lil upset especially when youre always getting embarassed by her and basically have to be HER parent.  but its whatever.

Originally Posted by thapointguy
not even durabuck can save these
laugh.gif

im take a ZZZ on these just like i took a nap on da V's & VI's....da VII's were undeniable so they were bought.

U MAD!
Wen did i say its a sin?
tired.gif
youre right, he doesnt have a ring on his finger, but he can push his team forward as the number one guy.  He took the cavs to the final with trash and this past season's meltdown can be in a result of several things, but i know if your best friend has relations with your mom, i would think that would make u a lil upset especially when youre always getting embarassed by her and basically have to be HER parent.  but its whatever.
Bron is the number 2 guy now, Wade with a ring is #1.  Still not bad he will be like Pippen with Jordan if they can win a ring.  And his new shoe is still garbage.

U MAD!
Wen did i say its a sin?
tired.gif
Bron is the number 2 guy now, Wade with a ring is #1.  Still not bad he will be like Pippen with Jordan if they can win a ring.  And his new shoe is still garbage.

No matter how lebron haters want to spin it, no matter how the media wants to take it, Lebron will be the best player on The heat team, Lebron will be the number 1 player no matter what people think. Lebron did what he did because he was the only big athlete in this situation,  he wants a ring while he is young he doest wanna ring chase like malone, and barkley did while they where at old age. Lebron is the face of the nba, he does what he wants, weather people like it doesn't matter, he is doing what is best for him, not for u. People got over Kobe allegedly raping some white chick, so im pretty sure people will get over lebron leaving the cavs, a team where no one else would come and play for, to help lebron.

Back
Top Bottom