The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

hey guys, serious question. its about purchasing snow leopard.
so i got my macbook pro after june 3rd or whatever, but my friend that works at apple got it for me online, so i had to give him the cash and he had to orderthe macbook pro on his account.

where can i get the 10.99 price for the Snow Leopard online? and what information am i gonna give em.
thanks in advance!

Did I over do it?
I bought a macbook pro 2.26GHz Intel Core 2 Duo with 4GB's of RAM and 320GB Serial ATA Drive @ 5400 rpm...

I just bought Snow Leopard ; So has anyone had problems with CandyBar? I am bout to install it after work.

CLIFFNOTES: Any Problems with CandyBar w/ Snow Leopard?

Originally Posted by Retroisback2008

I just bought Snow Leopard ; So has anyone had problems with CandyBar? I am bout to install it after work.

CLIFFNOTES: Any Problems with CandyBar w/ Snow Leopard?

Nope, I used candybar on mine, albeit its only the trial I don't see why it would be any different for the full version.

Originally Posted by EBAY 23

Did I over do it?
I bought a macbook pro 2.26GHz Intel Core 2 Duo with 4GB's of RAM and 320GB Serial ATA Drive @ 5400 rpm...

Nope
pimp.gif

need an extra 4GB memory for the macbook. its a 6th gen 2,0 processor. can some one message me with a link to a site were i can get this for cheap rather than200.00. looking for 50 but anything lower than 200 bucks is fine. as long as its compatiable. please and thank you

[h3]Analyst: iMac and MacBook Updates Coming Within Weeks?[/h3] Tech Trader Daily reports on a note to clients from research firm Wedge Partners predicting the release of updated iMac and MacBook models within the next several weeks. The refresh is expected to bring a significant redesign to the iMac, while the MacBook is likely to see only limited enhancements on the design front.
Wedge sees a redesigned iMac witjh a "thinner, organic design, likely with smoothed or rounded edges. The MacBook redesign "is likely to be limited," Wedge asserts.
The note also suggests that the updates will bring lower price tags in order to aggressively compete against Windows 7-based PCs and the low-cost netbook segment.

Wedge Partners' report echoes previous claims suggesting that Apple is working on refreshed iMac and MacBook designs to be accompanied by lower price points later this year, but is the first to point to a release window for the new models in the very near future.

Originally Posted by TheGoogler

[h3]Analyst: iMac and MacBook Updates Coming Within Weeks?[/h3] Tech Trader Daily reports on a note to clients from research firm Wedge Partners predicting the release of updated iMac and MacBook models within the next several weeks. The refresh is expected to bring a significant redesign to the iMac, while the MacBook is likely to see only limited enhancements on the design front.
Wedge sees a redesigned iMac witjh a "thinner, organic design, likely with smoothed or rounded edges. The MacBook redesign "is likely to be limited," Wedge asserts.
The note also suggests that the updates will bring lower price tags in order to aggressively compete against Windows 7-based PCs and the low-cost netbook segment.

Wedge Partners' report echoes previous claims suggesting that Apple is working on refreshed iMac and MacBook designs to be accompanied by lower price points later this year, but is the first to point to a release window for the new models in the very near future.

Notice it does say "Macbook" and not "Macbook Pro". I'm assuming they're going to update the white macbooks and not the unibodies?

I hope this is the case.
frown.gif

Originally Posted by durty pancakes

Notice it does say "Macbook" and not "Macbook Pro". I'm assuming they're going to update the white macbooks and not the unibodies?

I hope this is the case.
frown.gif

they did say that the macbook was getting a refresh soon. so it's def just the white macbook

ok when i upgraded my to snow leopard and tried opening photo booth it said that i cant use the version of photo booth that i have (2.0.3.) with this versionof mac osx.
where can i upgrade it at?? i have been searching for the past 10 minutes and came up empty

need a bigger and faster Hard drive. i got the stock 6th gen macbook HD. like 120 or 160 GB, looking for something in the 300 Gbs-500GBs. The more the merrier.btw TheGoogler is the man:pimp:. hit me up someone with a message. i dont know much about this kind of stuff.

Originally Posted by ago225

need a bigger and faster Hard drive. i got the stock 6th gen macbook HD. like 120 or 160 GB, looking for something in the 300 Gbs-500GBs. The more the merrier. btw TheGoogler is the man:pimp:. hit me up someone with a message. i dont know much about this kind of stuff.
I just upgraded my mbp to this right here: Amazon product ASIN B001JSSDGU
Couldn't be any more happier; plenty of storage and quiet.

For those that want to bootcamp and is a university/college student, windows 7 is only $30 bucks until January of next year. Just a heads up...double bootingftw Snow Leopard/Windows 7

my 09 MBP stopped charging
frown.gif

anyone know what's wrong? Still see the plug icon when it's plugged in but it say's it's not charging.

Originally Posted by knockboot36

need a bigger and faster Hard drive. i got the stock 6th gen macbook HD. like 120 or 160 GB, looking for something in the 300 Gbs-500GBs. The more the merrier. btw TheGoogler is the man:pimp:. hit me up someone with a message. i dont know much about this kind of stuff.
I'm thinking of upgrading my hard drive (running out of space). Is there some sort of tutorial you followed online to swap hard drives?

Has anyone ordered their Snow Leopard and still not received it, I ordered when it dropped and on Apple it says it shipped on Aug 31st...still haven'treceived it. Also, how do you get the remaining GBs left on your hard drive to show on the desktop under the icon like some of you have it. Thanks.

Dont know if you guys mind a portable harddrive.Heres a 500gb for really cheaphttp://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/products/System_Drives/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=bsd&cs=04&sku=A3064922&dgc=BF&cid&cid=7421&lid=197378&acd=10466193-1225267-u0t0f0fp24517c0s558&URL=http%3A%2F%2Faccessories.us.dell.com%2Fsna%2Fproducts%2FSystem_Drives%2Fproductdetail.aspx%3Fc%3Dus%26l%3Den%26s%3Dbsd%26cs%3D04%26sku%3DA3064922%26dgc%3DBF%26cid%26cid%3D7421%26lid%3D197378%26acd%3D10466193-1225267-u0t0f0fp24517c0s558

Originally Posted by VanillaGorillaDX

Originally Posted by knockboot36

I'm thinking of upgrading my hard drive (running out of space). Is there some sort of tutorial you followed online to swap hard drives?
I followed this tutorial here. I have thesame model mbp, an early 08' model I think. Everything was right on with it except for when I got to the part about the bluetooth module. It wasn'tsandwiched next to the hard drive on mine like the write up said but everything worked out.

Originally Posted by EBAY 23

Did I over do it?

Nope
pimp.gif

Sweet I got another question. So If I just recently bought my mac, did it come with Snow Leopard? Im new to all of this sorry..

Back
Top Bottom