The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

Live review of the Apple Magic Mouse on my boy's USTREAM.... Subscribe to his Youtube videos SoldierKnowsBest & tell him i sent you

Originally Posted by ll K R E A M 15 ll

i have a pc version of photoshop cs4 can i load that onto my macbook pro or does it have to be the mac version?
in order to run pc software on a mac, you would have to:

a. buy/find software called Parallels or VM Fusion. it would allow you to run PC and Mac application simultaneously. OR
b. partition your computer and install a PC OS (XP, Vista or whatever) to your computer. you would only be able to boot into 1 OS or the other (unlike above).

Originally Posted by Koopa2410

Originally Posted by Mateen Cleaves

Originally Posted by EveryDayKicks

I want photoshop cs4 so bad, but can't find it anywhere =(

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
check youtube, there's plenty of tutorial videos on how to get it for free. hope you find it.

asked around on a couple dudes in this thread, no help. it's a secret cult or something....
indifferent.gif

hope that helps, you basically have to download the trial and go to youtube and some people have links to a app that unlocks it.

Or get a discount from...someone
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by cRazy dav0

Originally Posted by 2wenty thre3

My macbook booted up today and I got the gray screen. FML.
indifferent.gif
smh.gif

I talked to apple support, and they got me to the screen that had the flashing folder. I put in snow leopard and as it was going through the process of installing it wouldn't recognize my hard drive
smh.gif

The guy on the phone asked me if I wanted to reformat it and I told him I needed to recover some files...

So is there anyway I can recover my documents, pictures, music, etc. ? (Keep in mind my mac won't start up
tired.gif
)

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

i just dealt w/ this and my backup hard drive also broke ...
indifferent.gif
sick.gif

1 erase disk, run time machine if u have a backup

2 use disk utility and c if it mounts and run verify and repair disk ...

3 if it doesn't work which it sounds like it won't run ur macbook in target mode holding down T when it starts and hook up a firewire cable to another mac... this will treat ur macbook as an external hard drive and u can copy ur files over, erase ur hard drive and install leopard or snow leopard and use migration assistant after installation and delete the new user u created.

4 pay someone to do a data transfer
mad.gif
... if that doesn't work then u have to do a data recovery if u really need ur stuff and u don't want to pay that
Thanks for the help man, I'm waiting on my firewire cable to come in. Bestbuy was charging 35+ tax
smh.gif
. So I ordered from monoprice and got itfor $9 including tax & overnight shipping. *%!+ BB

Hopefully the target disk mode works with this damn gray screen.

i know this doesnt necessarily have to do with mac or anythign like that but seems like there are a lot of tech heads in here

i have a WD External Harddrive...I recently dropped it (fml) and its making a clicking sound...

can i do any kind of recovery on my own or would i have to send it in or pay someone to do it for me?
It turns on but does not connect to a computer or the computer does not recognize it....

any help is appreciated...

Originally Posted by TBwsf

anyone running dual monitors on there macs? im trying to figure out how if possible to run videos on one monitor and being able to use the other monitor and the same time. everytime i try it blacks out my screen

If you're using VLC you can. Probably in other apps too but I'm not certain. As for VLC, select 'Video' from the taskbar, and then 'VideoDevice' and select the monitor you want the video on.

Originally Posted by Halftime718

Originally Posted by Halftime718

Anybody know where i can sell a damaged Mac book besides the internet? In NYC?

Thanks.

Even though you said no internet suggestions Craigslist and Apple refurbished computer might be your best bet.

Originally Posted by mases apprentice

unrarX come on your mac and it works well. why a new rar extractor?

unrarX was extracting a file i had and i used the unarchiver and it worked out.

Originally Posted by ll K R E A M 15 ll

just ordered my 15" macbook pro...cant wait to start using it...

question...when you charge the battery, do you guys unplug and let it run down before charging or leave it charging while its sitting on ur desk and overnight? also how do you keep the battery life as stable as possible? on my laptop im using now i cant hold a charge for more than an hour usually less...any suggestions on a hard case that i could use to sticker it up since i dont wanna stick it to the actually body itself?
i usually never leave it on charging. i take it off when it's full. so far after 180 cycles, i still got 100% battery health. what do you guysdo?

Oh, man, y'all. I may or may not have just read through all 216 pages of this thread and I think I love each and everyone of you. I have so many questionsabout my Mac, but I'm also somewhat of a tool when it comes to this stuff. Is there someone in here that wouldn't mind maybe exchanging MSN accounts orlike, BBM or whatever kids today use to communicate to maybe help me out?

Back
Top Bottom