The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

Originally Posted by ca5perrr

how bout a calendar, and clock and what not? been wanting to do it for a while, but havent figure it out :/
ill post more cuz i got a few questions on desktops and icons,
you can get all that in your "dashboard"

^ no, just post their message via macheist onto your facebook account. then under My Receipt, you should get the download link to the virus protection programalong with the serial number.

also, is it safe to have a virus protection program for macs? i'm reading and hearing how it's not safe to have it installed for the MAC OS X, statingthat it causes system problems. Also mentions how obviously, macs have a very low rate of getting infected with viruses and how a virus protection programwould mess up it's processor. =( idk tho.

Originally Posted by poblack

I have the aluminum WD External HD to match my macbook. Like they said, works out the box with no software. It automatically backs up using time machine. I recommend getting one
3413547880_721a2dbcf6.jpg

This just looks so clean to me... info on that stand?

im having problems changing my dock with dockulicious..i have the new macbook pro and my friend tried to drag in the downloaded customized dock into thedockolicious and it didnt do anything? my friend has the older macbook and he said thats how it worked for his. are the new macbook/pros different? can anyonehelp?

Wheres the cheapest place to cop a iMac?.. i think its the same for Bestbuy and the Apple store(w/student discount).. anyone know any other legit place with abetter price?

[h3]New Apple Black Friday Sale Leak?[/h3]Boy Genius Report posts a supposed leak of Apple's forthcoming Black Friday sale items. Among the discounted items are iMacs ($101 off), MacBook Pros ($51-$101 off), iPod nanos ($11 off), and iPod touches ($21-$41 off). Also included are the Apple TV, AirPort products, Magic Mouse, iWork, and several other Apple and third-party accessories.

Last week, Boy Genius Report posted a possible leak of a promo e-mail from Apple, although there were serious doubts about its authenticity. The latest claim, however, at least offers a reasonable set of discounts in line with Apple's previous Black Friday sales.

smokin.gif

Originally Posted by Da Doc03

f_22472m_e820be9.png

TubeSock: Rip. Mix. Copy to iPod. TubeSock grabs YouTube videos from the web and copies them to your video iPod, Mac, or PlayStation Portable. TubeSock knows how to convert the video using the codecs and bitrates best for each device. It can even add the video to iTunes for you.

What's new in this version:
TubeSock 3.0 has advanced to beta 19 (download TubeSock 3.0 beta 19 here!) and it fixes the crash on PowerPC / Tiger Macs in beta 18. Yes, we finally got our dead PowerBook G4 up and running, and after a seriously large amount of tediousness, we found the bug. It was in the new code that displays the FPS counter. Apparently the conversion can be slow enough on PowerPC that it exposed a condition where the buffer containing the FPS could be empty. The code has been re-written in a much more defensive manner, so a null this or a nil that won't crash anything.

A few other fixes made their way in: fixes to a site that made a recent change, a rare condition where the output name could match the input name and overwrite the input file, and some more general interface tweaking.

REQUIREMENTS
Mac OS X 10.3.9 or later. iTunes integration requires iTunes 6.0 or later.

Thanks for posting this. I was trying to rip some audio from youtube to make an SMS alert and I couldn't find a way. After searching foreveron google I remembered this thread and bada bing bada boom, I got my audio clip.
Thanks Doc
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Razorsharp510

Wheres the cheapest place to cop a iMac?.. i think its the same for Bestbuy and the Apple store(w/student discount).. anyone know any other legit place with a better price?

If you are looking the core 2 duo 27" or 21.5" iMac, they are already at a good deal. I've had mine for about a month now and I love it.

You could try macmall.com...Only thing is, they're warranty/refund policy is not really good.

Is everyone still using tiger?
Or have you guys upgraded to SL?
I never bothered because of the problems I heard of.

I'm still on Tiger but want to switch to Leopard but haven't really needed to yet aka I'm broke. Although Growl is annoying me with itsnotifications/reminders about updating to the latest version. Can't do it since it needs leopard.

just copped my 27" imac yesterday.. its freakin huge!...but anyways.. anyone know where i can get some good apps for free or stuff to d/l?.. just pm ifwere not suppose to post links. thanks!

just copped my 27" imac yesterday.. its freakin huge!...but anyways.. anyone know where i can get some good apps for free or stuff to d/l?.. just pm if were not suppose to post links. thanks!

Thats too big IMo.. hurts my eyes everytime i check out the display at work

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

just copped my 27" imac yesterday.. its freakin huge!...but anyways.. anyone know where i can get some good apps for free or stuff to d/l?.. just pm if were not suppose to post links. thanks!

Thats too big IMo.. hurts my eyes everytime i check out the display at work

Yeh.. now that i got it home it does seem kinda too big but i bought for my girl cuz shes into music stuff.. i got me a macbook still from 2-3years ago thatstill works fine

Back
Top Bottom