The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

Originally Posted by stepinitup

So my mac might have water damage on the keyboard

And there telling me its going to cost 800 to fix it

SO MY question is, are they coming out with a new mac by next?

I might as well save up for that then fix the other one

Rumors are that by january 2010 so maybe first quarter next year, but still not certain though. Just wait it out, those $800 could go towards the new macbook.

hey guys, im scared as fudge at the moment.

I just started up my macbook, and instead of starting up automatically, it had me select my disk drive. after i clicked on the image of my disk drive, itproceeded to start up normally (did the little blue bar load up and everything). I don't have any other hard drive hooked up to my mac, so i dont know whyit would ask me this. AM I IN TROUBLE? Someone please help
embarassed.gif

Originally Posted by Food4Thgt

Damn homie ill pray for you and your Mac...

laugh.gif
thanks man. but seriously, im hoping its not anything dangerous, hoping someone will come on here and give me some piece of mind.
i am seriously about to go up to the store right now and buy an external HD, im so worried right now

a theme for bowtie isnt working, i downloaded it twice already and restarted my mac, all others workexcept for this one, why not?

theme is called zukunft

Better be safe than sorry ...atleast buy something so that you can get your most important stuff off...Are you gonna take it to the apple store?

Originally Posted by dkjordan23

I just started up my macbook, and instead of starting up automatically, it had me select my disk drive. after i clicked on the image of my disk drive, it proceeded to start up normally (did the little blue bar load up and everything). I don't have any other hard drive hooked up to my mac, so i dont know why it would ask me this. AM I IN TROUBLE? Someone please help
embarassed.gif

So i came across this page, which says if you hold down option at start up, this will happen. So im hoping thats what happened, i just accidentally pressed itwhen i turned on my comp earlier. If not, can anyone help me out and tell me why this might have happened/if i might be screwed?

Gonna go pick up an external HD tomorrow. I had been meaning to get one, this is pushing to actually buy one now.

Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

thanks.... i just dont want to be totally "out dated" in a couple years... gonna go play with the 27inch som?e more... oh and do i need more then a 4gb?

Bro, I answered your questions and some a page back. Cmon now.
wink.gif
Anyway, no, you don't need more than 4GB at the moment, unless you'll be working a lot of with photos, videos, music, etc. You can upgrade that when you feel that it is necessary. Quad Core's are the future processors that will be in majority of Mac's in the upcoming year or two. So the Core 2 Duo will be outdated...But if you really need a new Quad Core Mac, buy it when you absolutely need it at that time. Technology is outdated all the time, so it really comes down to what you plan on using your Mac or any other form of technology for. If it works for you, then stick with it. A

core 2 duo is already outdated. and dude might as well get the i7 since it's only a 200 (i think) upgrade it's not like these computers arecustomizable when it comes to parts.

anyway, i can't wait until i find someone to buy my unibody MBP. ive officially reached my limit with apple. going back to windows next year.

I just started up my macbook, and instead of starting up automatically, it had me select my disk drive. after i clicked on the image of my disk drive, it proceeded to start up normally (did the little blue bar load up and everything). I don't have any other hard drive hooked up to my mac, so i dont know why it would ask me this. AM I IN TROUBLE? Someone please help
embarassed.gif

So i came across this page, which says if you hold down option at start up, this will happen. So im hoping thats what happened, i just accidentally pressed it when i turned on my comp earlier. If not, can anyone help me out and tell me why this might have happened/if i might be screwed?

Gonna go pick up an external HD tomorrow. I had been meaning to get one, this is pushing to actually buy one now.

why don't you just restart and find out if that was the problem?

Hey my icons at the bottom of my screen wont go away they used to hide like all other macs do, now they just stay there and now when i open up a screen it wontopen completely do to the icons on the bottom

How can i get them to hide again?

Originally Posted by stepinitup

Hey my icons at the bottom of my screen wont go away they used to hide like all other macs do, now they just stay there and now when i open up a screen it wont open completely do to the icons on the bottom

How can i get them to hide again?

system preference > dock > click on auto hide dock

Guys im about to cop a macbook pro but im kinda stuck should i go for the 13 inch with a 4 gig ram and 250 hard drive or the 15 inch with same specs. Right nowthe 13 is gonna cost me roughly 1300 and the 15 is about 1700 is it worth the extra 400?. Im primarily going to use this for college so portability is anissue. Any feed back is aprreciated.

Originally Posted by EZE JAY

Guys im about to cop a macbook pro but im kinda stuck should i go for the 13 inch with a 4 gig ram and 250 hard drive or the 15 inch with same specs. Right now the 13 is gonna cost me roughly 1300 and the 15 is about 1700 is it worth the extra 400?. Im primarily going to use this for college so portability is an issue. Any feed back is aprreciated.
if portability is an issue, then def go with the 13, i throw it in my backpack like its nothing!

i suggest you take the 13inch with the basic 2 gigs of ram, you can upgrade your ram from newegg for ~$50-70, its easy as hell to install and i think it shouldsave you a bill from what apple charges you

good luck on your buy!

Originally Posted by kien

Guys im about to cop a macbook pro but im kinda stuck should i go for the 13 inch with a 4 gig ram and 250 hard drive or the 15 inch with same specs. Right now the 13 is gonna cost me roughly 1300 and the 15 is about 1700 is it worth the extra 400?. Im primarily going to use this for college so portability is an issue. Any feed back is aprreciated.
if portability is an issue, then def go with the 13, i throw it in my backpack like its nothing!

i suggest you take the 13inch with the basic 2 gigs of ram, you can upgrade your ram from newegg for ~$50-70, its easy as hell to install and i think it should save you a bill from what apple charges you

good luck on your buy!

Goods looks ill def look into doing the ram myself cant wait to get this badboy it will my first Mac, i hate pc's with a passion.

i suggest you take the 13inch with the basic 2 gigs of ram, you can upgrade your ram from newegg for ~$50-70, its easy as hell to install and i think it should save you a bill from what apple charges you

good luck on your buy!

Goods looks ill def look into doing the ram myself cant wait to get this badboy it will my first Mac, i hate pc's with a passion.
if you install the ram yourself i heard it can affect the warranty? i might be wrong though

Originally Posted by Los Angeles Fresh

Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

thanks.... i just dont want to be totally "out dated" in a couple years... gonna go play with the 27inch som?e more... oh and do i need more then a 4gb?

Bro, I answered your questions and some a page back. Cmon now.
wink.gif
Anyway, no, you don't need more than 4GB at the moment, unless you'll be working a lot of with photos, videos, music, etc. You can upgrade that when you feel that it is necessary. Quad Core's are the future processors that will be in majority of Mac's in the upcoming year or two. So the Core 2 Duo will be outdated...But if you really need a new Quad Core Mac, buy it when you absolutely need it at that time. Technology is outdated all the time, so it really comes down to what you plan on using your Mac or any other form of technology for. If it works for you, then stick with it. A

core 2 duo is already outdated. and dude might as well get the i7 since it's only a 200 (i think) upgrade it's not like these computers are customizable when it comes to parts.

anyway, i can't wait until i find someone to buy my unibody MBP. ive officially reached my limit with apple. going back to windows next year.

embarassed.gif

So i came across this page, which says if you hold down option at start up, this will happen. So im hoping thats what happened, i just accidentally pressed it when i turned on my comp earlier. If not, can anyone help me out and tell me why this might have happened/if i might be screwed?

why don't you just restart and find out if that was the problem?
That's why I suggested if he has the money to get a Quad core then he should go ahead and purchase that specific iMac...And youngtriz, I'dmaybe wait a month or two if you can in regards to purchasing a new iMac, a lot of people are complaining of HD noises, yellow tinging and other minor thingson their new iMacs, whether its a core 2 duo or Quad core...iMac deliveries have been delayed up to two weeks now.

macbook pro for sale....check out the link
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eB...sPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT
I'm looking for a used Macbook/Pro so I could use it when I'm out. If no one buys this buy January, I shall contact you.
smile.gif
But I doubt it, I know someone will buy that in the quickness.

good luck on your buy!

if you install the ram yourself i heard it can affect the warranty? i might be wrong though
No, it shouldn't affect the warranty. You are upgrading your specs legally. You aren't breaking any licensing agreement.

If you need portability, I would get the 13", I had the first white Macbook for about 3 years and the screen was a good fit for my uses. Ifyou plan on doing some photo editing and other things like that, then go with the 15". Either way, you will still get a great product. Enjoy it.

Originally Posted by Niteridr75

I really want the new line to have blu-ray.
But why? It's still not a major market as some people think and there wouldn't be any great difference if there were blu-ray on a MBP. The only Mac I would suggest having blu-ray is on an iMac due to the large screen.

Technically you could already run blu-ray...Run Windows and get an external Blu-ray player.

Before i buy a macbook pro i have another quick question is the apple care really worth it, it would cost me 183 with my student discount. I heard they arepretty reliable, but anybody have any input?

Before i buy a macbook pro i have another quick question is the apple care really worth it, it would cost me 183 with my student discount. I heard they are pretty reliable, but anybody have any input?

100% get apple care. I have ad my motherboard replaced($600+), gone through 2 batteries, 1 charger, 2 fans and some other stuff over the 2 and half years ofownership on my Mac. Applecare is really carefree as well they will replace anything really no questions ask they are pretty good about everything.

Back
Top Bottom