The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

^
laugh.gif

[h3]January 27th Media Event: Tablet, iPhone OS 4.0, iLife 2010?[/h3]
2yoobwy.jpg

FOXNews.com reports that Apple's January 27th media event is expected to include the introduction of Apple's much-anticipated tablet device and iPhone OS 4.0, as well as iLife 2010. According to the report, no iPhone hardware is expected to be shown.
I spoke to a source at Apple this morning, before the invite hit my inbox, who said the event would likely focus on three projects: The tablet device, iPhone 4, and a new round of iLife 2010 software. While we won't see new iPhone hardware just yet, we will see the next-generation software.
The author of the report, Clayton Morris, had previously claimed to have "confirmed" a January 26th date for the media event, although it is unclear whether the early reports of an event on the 26th were incorrect or if Apple tweaked its plans to move it to the 27th. Morris had also vaguely claimed in his earlier report that the media event would focus on the "mobility space", which would be in line with discussion of the tablet and iPhone OS 4.0.

A report from earlier this month claimed that Apple has been developing a multi-touch version of iWork, although Morris' source made no mention of iWork as a topic of discussion for next week. It is unknown at this time what enhancements will be included in the next generation of iLife and whether any of them will include multi-touch capabilities and the ability to run on Apple's tablet device as rumored for iWork.

Mark your calendars
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by nocomment6

when do the MBP get renewel?
1. *renewal

2. It will be soon either next week with the rumored release of the tablet or early spring. Don't buy one unless you really really need a MBP.

I'm looking to buy photoshop in a couple weeks. How much help/guides are in the actual software? thanks in advance

Originally Posted by Airpenny1

I'm looking to buy photoshop in a couple weeks. How much help/guides are in the actual software? thanks in advance

Just the basic tutorial and help through the software.  If you really need guides, there are TONS of guides online to read, along with books...Hope this helps.

Man if they don't update the MBP next week, I'm just gonna cop the white MB. It has similar specs to the MBP, just minus a few things that don't justify the +$200 in my opinion...I could always use that money on getting a new iPod or some accessories, lol.

Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

Originally Posted by Airpenny1

Just the basic tutorial and help through the software.  If you really need guides, there are TONS of guides online to read, along with books...Hope this helps.

much appreciated

Originally Posted by datdamndeuce

Man if they don't update the MBP next week, I'm just gonna cop the white MB. It has similar specs to the MBP, just minus a few things that don't justify the +$200 in my opinion...I could always use that money on getting a new iPod or some accessories, lol.
I don't think they are. They usually update the MacBooks in the fall and they just updated the white MB recently. I might be wrong but I haven't heard any rumors regarding MB's for this event.

I work at bestbuy and we haven't gotten any more stock of ANY MBP's for awhile... they are def releasing new ones

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

I work at bestbuy and we haven't gotten any more stock of ANY MBP's for awhile... they are def releasing new ones

Damn that means the MBP I bought a few months ago will be old.
frown.gif

Originally Posted by RedMan

Cragmatic said:

frown.gif

I could be wrong, but thats usually what happens when our stock doesn't get replenished for awhile

Sounds good to me...
I'll keep an eye open for this event they have coming up. I'm seriously debating on whether to get the MB or MBP.

Can someone help me out with this? My MBP doesn't shut down as quickly as it once it did. It takes almost about a min to shut off. Anyone know what I can do or whats wrong?

Originally Posted by RedMan

frown.gif
Your MBP was old the day you bought it.  Technology is quickly outdated. You still a solid MBP that will last you a good amount of years. 

I don't think they are. They usually update the MacBooks in the falland they just updated the white MB recently. I might be wrong but Ihaven't heard any rumors regarding MB's for this event.
True, but you never know with Steve Jobs. The rumored tablet is the main topic for the event, yet, I wouldn't be surprised if they upgraded the specs on the MBP and added the new Arrandale chips that many have been waiting for. 

I'm going to see what they release on the 27th.  If the tablet is < $1000, I may consider one or look into either a refurbished MBP or a Dell Mini 10v Hackintosh...Still deciding if I really need any since I have a new iMac.

i wish the 30" Cinema display would get updated. Can anyone recommend a good 27-30" external display? I was told NEC was my best bet.

hope they show something new. Although I've just talked to a dude working for APple, he said, that they're going to come up with a new version and it will be presented most likely next week. Heard rumours about longer battery life, apparently the touch pad will be insane and a few more things, not to mention the new processor.

@datdamduece. this has been something of which I have been thinking a lot recently. Just asked this dude at apple why its better. Durable, it can be expanded way more and the video cared are the most important features. He said its worth the money and the plus 160 gb HD on the MB isnt worth it, regardless.

nocomment6 wrote:
@datdamduece. this has been something of which I have been thinking a lot recently. Just asked this dude at apple why its better. Durable, it can be expanded way more and the video cared are the most important features. He said its worth the money and the plus 160 gb HD on the MB isnt worth it, regardless.
So you're saying that the white MacBook is the better buy, or is the aluminum MacBook Pro the better buy?

I think if they upgrade the chips, I'll cop the aluminum MBP. I set a budget of 15, so I'm sure I can get a decent machine for that amount. I was really hoping on getting an iPod and a MacBook for around 15, but we'll see. Regardless, I'll definitely be waiting til the 27th to see what Jobs has up his sleeve.

Apparently the MBP is the better buy. I have about the same plan, although I might wait a bit more even if they dont show anything new on wednesday, although I hope they do, I'm getting real imaptient....
happy.gif

Back
Top Bottom