The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

Originally Posted by 23MichaelJordan45

I got mine Bestbuy, for $70, loaded up Kingston.com, showed them the price, and I got it for that price. Saved $130
laugh.gif

eek.gif
smokin.gif
Did they give you a hard time?

Originally Posted by datdamndeuce

Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

Ordered my MBP, should be here on the 2nd or so.
I "bought" a copy of Office, should I burn it to a disc and then use the disc to install it on my MB?
Or can I just copy the file to my MB and install from there?
These new file extensions are something I'm gonna have to get used to, lol. dmg? %#$, lol
Even though there may be a refresh on the MBP in the near future, you bought your MBP because you needed one. Welcome to the family. As far as your copy of the Office, just run the file, install, and keep the file on an external so you have space on your MBP.  It's pretty easy to get use to using a Mac, in fact there are a lot of tutorials at Apple.com if you need help.
@nocomment6 -
laugh.gif
, yea fam I got tired of the speculation. Unless they do something revolutionary, like make the MBP transparent or some %#!!, I don't see myself regretting the purchase.
@livemyreality - Thanks, I seriously was gonna try and hold out, but then I realized I was operating off of speculation. The refreshed MBPs won't be that much better, and even if they are, I know people who are still content with their black MacBooks.

Needless to say, I can't wait until all of my stuff arrives from Apple! I copped a 32gb refurbished iPod touch too, for the low low...
nerd.gif
Congrats, you're gonna love it. I upgraded to a 13" MBP this summer from a G4 PowerBook from like '04 or '05. The only reason I upgraded was because I wanted something smaller, my PB was a 17 incher. It still runs great and now belongs to my mom.

Originally Posted by dyzzle

what app do you guys use for note taking? i was using onenote for windows before what's there for mac?
I just use Word. It's got a little notebook layout which is pretty cool.

8bc25a4e0da0beaf0fb1fb61b471fcea5705133.jpg

I'm hoping they're updating the MBPs, if so that explains why mine has an arrival date of 2/8 when I ordered it Friday and used 2-3 day shipping.

Originally Posted by VanillaGorillaDX

Originally Posted by dyzzle

what app do you guys use for note taking? i was using onenote for windows before what's there for mac?
I just use Word. It's got a little notebook layout which is pretty cool.
yeah i know that, it's ok for just typing notes. but i'm talking about something like onenote where i can organize all lectures (in pdf or ppt format) and they are all accessible through tabs. i heard about journler but i cant find one "on sale"
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by CWrite78

have u tried evernote?

i'm looking it up right now. have you used this app before? looks like it can work, thanks for the suggestion. I'm also looking at using Crossover and just installing onenote. anyone tried using crossover before?

i have evernote installed on my mac and on my droid. never had a problem, i like that i can access my data from either, but im not paying so i can access it offline.

Originally Posted by CWrite78

i have evernote installed on my mac and on my droid. never had a problem, i like that i can access my data from either, but im not paying so i can access it offline.
installed it, but erased it right away. i dont want to mess with all this online crap
laugh.gif
i just want a simple app like one note. thanks tho.

8bc25a4e0da0beaf0fb1fb61b471fcea5705133.jpg

I'm hoping they're updating the MBPs, if so that explains why mine has an arrival date of 2/8 when I ordered it Friday and used 2-3 day shipping.
I wouldn't get your hopes up.

UPDATE: Reading into the latest rumor mill, a lot of speculation is that the MBP may be getting a spec bump some time next month. We'll wait and see.

Does anyone know why the performanvce of the videocard in the next 13 inch MBP will be weaker then in the current one?

Originally Posted by nocomment6

Does anyone know why the performanvce of the videocard in the next 13 inch MBP will be weaker then in the current one?

Where did you get your source on the future 13" MBP having a weaker videocard? 

IMO, I wouldn't think Apple would do that, when he clearly stated to his employees at the Apple Town Hall Meeting last week, that the Mac's coming out in 2010 will be taking Apple to the next level. (Whatever that means)

Some rumours where said in the pőost made for the latest news conference, the one with iPad. And that mac is having issues with intel or soemthing, some kindo f lawsuite.

Originally Posted by nocomment6

Some rumours where said in the pőost made for the latest news conference, the one with iPad. And that mac is having issues with intel or soemthing, some kindo f lawsuite.
I believe the issue with Intel is due to the specs that Steve Jobs wanted for the "Arrandale" CPUs that was planned to be put into the next MBP.  I know for sure there was conflict on the release date Intel decided to release. 

Dimez81....Weren't you trying to sell your MBP before? What are the specs and how much are looking for the MBP?

yeah buyer backed out.....selling for $850...check in the misc buy sell forum for specs....i know this isnt the appropriate place for it so i dont want to post it here

Back
Top Bottom