The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

StaXX wrote:
Word for Mac?

megaupload.com had a sale...... ?d=444J0KI6  is the coupon code
wink.gif

Question for you all. Im waiting on my MacBook that should be coming in either today or tomorrow. I beefed up the ram and HD. I use FireFox right now and would like to know what would be better, FireFox or Safari on MB?

Originally Posted by Food4Thgt

Someone help me out here...

My macbook reads dvds and the icon pops up on the screen but nothing plays...I dl the vlc player but I dont know how to get this to work....

Is there something wrong with the drive?
nerd.gif

My macbook reads dvds and the icon pops up on the screen but nothing plays...I dl the vlc player but I dont know how to get this to work....

nerd.gif
try pressing command D
3532mmt.png

make sure it looks like that then press ok

fellas, should i buy a MBP now? or is the new one coming soon?

and when the new one comes out, will it be the same price as MBP's now? or will it be a little more expensive?

Originally Posted by jretro23

fellas, should i buy a MBP now? or is the new one coming soon?

and when the new one comes out, will it be the same price as MBP's now? or will it be a little more expensive?
With the new benchmark numbers being released and Best Buy discontinuing sales of the current MBP's, I would say if you could wait, then wait.  They will release soon.  It's promising to see the Intel Commercial promoting the new Quad Core mobile chips.  It'll be worth the wait IMO because the benchmark numbers I posted are pretty beastly.

I just dl Google Chrome and this thing is impressive.

Google Chrome just released an updated beta that supports more standard features, including extensions and themes. I'm now running AdBlock Plus on my Chrome

Originally Posted by TheEmperor45

nerd.gif
try pressing command D
3532mmt.png

make sure it looks like that then press ok
I even tried this...still doesnt work...but if i didnt have vlc shouldnt the default dvd player open ??

I guess I just gotta take it to apple...

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

Does anyone have a nintendo 64 emulator that zelda works with on mac?
smile.gif
please pm me!

id love this as well.... I have an xbox 360 controller laying around that works with my laptop too.

Originally Posted by AgentArenas

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

Does anyone have a nintendo 64 emulator that zelda works with on mac?
smile.gif
please pm me!

id love this as well.... I have an xbox 360 controller laying around that works with my laptop too.

are you guys using sixtyforce?

Mac folks, I'm looking for some advice/help.  I apologize if this is inappropriate, just let me know and I'll delete if needed. 

I just picked up an older powerbook G4 which has OS X 10.3.9 on it.  I haven't had a Mac since 1994 or so.  I believe I need OS x 10.5 (Leopard) to function online at this point. I am trying to avoid having to buy the discs as I understand you cannot upgrade from 10.3.9 for free, which sucks.  I was able to DL a torrent of Leopard, but I can't burn it because I don't have a dual layer DVD burner.  anybody have any advice or can anybody help me figure this out somehow?  can I go buy a 20 gb external drive and install from that?  Is there a way to partition the HD on the Mac, mount the image, and install it on the other partition?  if I can get it on there and it works and I like it, I will consider buying the legit discs.  thanks in advance for any advice. 

Originally Posted by wwsindicate

23ktffp.png

good lookin out to the Nt'er that hooked up the wallpaper.

As far as apps go, I got Aperture, PS3, Zipeg (.rar/zip file), and RapidoResizer for pics.

whats that wallpaper called ?

Originally Posted by denverairforce

Mac folks, I'm looking for some advice/help.  I apologize if this is inappropriate, just let me know and I'll delete if needed. 

I just picked up an older powerbook G4 which has OS X 10.3.9 on it.  I haven't had a Mac since 1994 or so.  I believe I need OS x 10.5 (Leopard) to function online at this point. I am trying to avoid having to buy the discs as I understand you cannot upgrade from 10.3.9 for free, which sucks.  I was able to DL a torrent of Leopard, but I can't burn it because I don't have a dual layer DVD burner.  anybody have any advice or can anybody help me figure this out somehow?  can I go buy a 20 gb external drive and install from that?  Is there a way to partition the HD on the Mac, mount the image, and install it on the other partition?  if I can get it on there and it works and I like it, I will consider buying the legit discs.  thanks in advance for any advice. 

Do you have another mac you can use...maybe a friend/family member? You can install it using Target mode with a firewire cable. If not that, you can use a USB jump drive. A dual layer dvd shouldnt run you more than $5 though

Back
Top Bottom