The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

Why is adobe photoshop extremely hard to download ( illegally? ) for the mac
frown.gif
... If someone could help me i will appreciated it thanks... This is Pissing Me off
smile.gif

@thegoat121886

u know i just tried the burn (copy paste method) and it worked. maybe cus i used some cheap dvds last time.

1 question though.. i downloaded star trek.. the files are large so the movies are seprated into 2 parts. what i did was copy both parts into one dvd and it doesn't work on my dvd player. to fix this do i burn each part into sepreate dvd disc?

thanks for the help though bro i apreaciate it.

Originally Posted by BrokeBallah

Why is adobe photoshop extremely hard to download ( illegally? ) for the mac
frown.gif
... If someone could help me i will appreciated it thanks... This is Pissing Me off
smile.gif

hmm here is a little help 
wink.gif

btw, yall know any good websites that sell memory?

my brothers haz a mac os x version 10.5.8

Processor: 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

Memory 1GB 800 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

I'm looking to buy like 4 GB or something to make my computer super fast

Originally Posted by GUTTA SAUCE

Upgrading from 1gb to 4gb will speed up your computer and you preformance.  It will not make it "super fast" I really did not see a difference from 2gb to 4gb.

Originally Posted by 23MichaelJordan45

Upgrading from 1gb to 4gb will speed up your computer and you preformance.  It will not make it "super fast" I really did not see a difference from 2gb to 4gb.

Really? I definitely did. 4 got my websites and programs moving pretty fast. I'm looking to upgrade to 8 soon tho.

@AG 47 U can upgrade to 8?

@ 23MichaelJordan45 my bros 1gb mac lags really bad when people post .gifs

i will have to sit here and wait.. I think the longest wait was like 4-5 mins to scroll pass a .gif

so hopefully 4gb improves preformance at least

@thegoat121886

u know i just tried the burn (copy paste method) and it worked. maybe cus i used some cheap dvds last time.

1 question though.. i downloaded star trek.. the files are large so the movies are seprated into 2 parts. what i did was copy both parts into one dvd and it doesn't work on my dvd player. to fix this do i burn each part into sepreate dvd disc?

thanks for the help though bro i apreaciate it.

you could try merging the file together and then burning it, or put them on separate chapters in the dvd menu

Can anyone recommend me an external hard drive? Price range under $130. I would like to upload some movies so I can watch them on my tv.

^ I have two Western Digital externals (one 250 GB for Time Machine and one 1 TB for music, movies, pictures, etc). I recommend them.

$130 is pretty standard for 1.5 TB and $100 for 1 TB. Check Amazon or NewEgg.

@AG 47 U can upgrade to 8?

@ 23MichaelJordan45 my bros 1gb mac lags really bad when people post .gifs

i will have to sit here and wait.. I think the longest wait was like 4-5 mins to scroll pass a .gif

so hopefully 4gb improves preformance at least

You can upgrade to 8GB depending on the laptop. I recently purchased a MacBook Pro and have that option.

I believe the maximum for the MacBook's is 4GB. I had a MacBook previously and believe me 4GB was plenty fast.

I just want this new laptop to be freakishly awesome.

I got my WD 1.5 TB external offa Slickdeals for around 100..just wait a bit for another deal because I've seen it a couple times for that price after i bought it

Originally Posted by CWrite78

Originally Posted by igotdemkickz21

Yo CWrite, let me know if you figure out what is wrong with your iChat. My girlfriend has a MBP (3 years old, but I don't know the specs off the top of my head), running osx10.4, and she says her iChat has never worked. Adium works, but it doesn't have video chat support, which sucks when we're both at school (long distance relationships ftl).

Also, got some questions for anyone with blackberry's and macs - not sure how well this will get answered, but I've got it posted somewhere else as well. I use to use pocketmac on my vzw bb curve (8330), but when I updated my curve to os4.5, pocketmac stopped working. It recognizes my phone and starts the sync, but everytime it gets to "synchronizing contacts" the status bar just stops moving. I've tried reinstalling pocketmac and downloading the new driver, but to no avail. Does anyone have any hints?

I was considering downloading some sort of Windows program to just run the regular Blackberry Software. How do people like VMware Fusion? It seems like its getting some good reviews so far, but does anyone want to offer their opinion on it? How much space does it take up? Also, what is the cost on it?

well, so far i've noticed that it's just when i send pictures/direct connect. i tried sending a song and i had no lock up or anything. weird, hopefullyi can find what's wrong.. gets pretty annoying.

anyway, my desk at the moment..
29dia92.jpg
put the time capsule under my macbook pro.
could you tell me where you got those wallpapers?

Does anyone have the full VirtualDJ and enjoy using it? Or does anyone know of other djs programs that are solid? 

Originally Posted by esco1

Can anyone recommend me an external hard drive? Price range under $130. I would like to upload some movies so I can watch them on my tv.

staples has a 1tb harddrive for 149.99. u can buy the 30 off 150 coupon and bring down the total to 120 + tax +filler item. so it comes out to like ~135ish

and whats good about this external drive is it's the portable kind, small, only uses a usb port (no need for an electrical outlet). my bro was talking about it yesterday so he mite get one.

Originally Posted by nocomment6

Any news on new MBP releases or a press conference?

no news yet. All we know is the MBP line is past it's product cycle and refreshes are imminent. There's no timeline however. Most likely it wont be a press conference....there will be a silent annouc announcement ement on their site with spec bumps and hopefully newer i3/i5/i7 chipsets.
Originally Posted by BeallsFinest

Does anyone have the full VirtualDJ? My trial ran out. Or does anyone know of other djs programs that are solid?

PM me

To the people wanting external drives...have you considered swapping out your current internal for a larger 500Gb or 640GB (Apple laptops max out at 640GBs due to the fact that there are no drives in production larger than that that fit the space requirements)? I find external drives to be more prone to failure, for whatever reason (improper mounting/removal, shock, breaking, etc)

esco1 said:

staples has a 1tb harddrive for 149.99. u can buy the 30 off 150 coupon and bring down the total to 120 + tax +filler item. so it comes out to like ~135ish

and whats good about this external drive is it's the portable kind, small, only uses a usb port (no need for an electrical outlet). my bro was talking about it yesterday so he mite get one.
self powered drives (ones that run off USB without plugging into the wall) are good for laptop users.
If you have a desktop, you have the option of using either or. External powered drives have the potential for higher capacities and have lower price per gigabyte costs

Originally Posted by jfreak23

Just got a imac 20" on sat takes some time getting used to the way things work but so far i love it. here is my new icons i got from NT and wall paper i got fom post your desktop. one question why does the forum jump thing not work when i try to use it nothing pop's up? im using safari at the moment btw.

OG?

Back
Top Bottom