The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

Quick question. Have any of you ever received a message saying your computer is not able to charge a usb device because another usb device may be using to much power? Iv'e been getting this message when I'm charging my Ipod and charge the cpu at the same time.

Originally Posted by Str8Hood

Intel just had a sandy bridge recall.....waiting FTW. Something about the USB ports stop functioning altogether over time. Might want to wait on that, the chipset is flawed...

Man what are talking about the recall was in jan-feb. It had nothing to do with usb, had to do soming with the sata controller on the chip board degrading over time, and that was revelent to desktop to computer that use sata ports, only a few laptops have sata, has nothing to do with macbooks cause they dont use sata inputs. Stop scaring peolple if dont really know.

What are good sites where i can customize my DOCK? i have candy bar, but i want to have the skin or dock black, same as the file menu.

Any cool journal/note apps?
I dont think they make OneNote for mac and the notebook feature on word is decent. i can live with that but if theres something better, then id like to see what that is.
any help is appreciated

also does anyone here run Parallels with windows 7? I was looking to get legal copies of both and just doing it legit. How difficult is it to set up on a scale of 1-10? Would I be better off running XP?

just upgraded my ram to 4gb crucial it was quite easy the hardest part was taking the bottom case off it was kind of stuck and putting it back together i noticed one side didnt close as well as the other might have to redo it

what can i do to the fan if its dusty? should i just leave it be?

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

just upgraded my ram to 4gb crucial it was quite easy the hardest part was taking the bottom case off it was kind of stuck and putting it back together i noticed one side didnt close as well as the other might have to redo it

what can i do to the fan if its dusty? should i just leave it be?

Use one of those air duster cans to blow off the dust.

Whats good NT.

I just got a quick question regarding apple care and would appreciate it if anyone can give me some insight on what to expect...

I opened my laptop earlier today and heard a crack noise from the side of the computer. I looked around and didnt see anything. However, when i checked it again a hour ago, i saw that the side of the computer panel had popped up

-see pics-

I just wanted to know if apple care/warranty would cover this. I have apple care until september, when it expires.

2eugy8o.jpg

5b2tfq.jpg

Thanks NT

^they'll replace that entire top panel/keyboard with your applecare. it's a common issue. get it done asap because it can warp and affect other components, compounding the problem

Originally Posted by best hands in the game

Any cool journal/note apps?
I dont think they make OneNote for mac and the notebook feature on word is decent. i can live with that but if theres something better, then id like to see what that is.
any help is appreciated

also does anyone here run Parallels with windows 7? I was looking to get legal copies of both and just doing it legit. How difficult is it to set up on a scale of 1-10? Would I be better off running XP?
Try OmniOutliner

Parallels is mad simple. You put in the serial and the dvd and the rest is as simple as following instructions, Provided your computer is relatively recent, i'd go with Windows 7 over XP. I mean, you wouldn't install Tiger over Snow Leopard right?

What's the best spot to get a MBP?

I know Apple isn't too friendly with the discounts.  Is the Apple Store with the Student/Edu discount the best spot?
find a microcenter they got last years 13 macbook pro, which is faster than the sandy bridges of this year for 899and u can get apple care later i think you have until ur year is up

I need more info on the microcenter deal, there's a location down in Tustin, want more info before I head down there.

Basically don't want to sound like an idiot asking for last years model,
laugh.gif

Had my 15" MacBook Pro i7 for nine months now.
I love it and I'm NEVER going to back to Windows.

Yep apple care is cover under that looks like nomarl wear and tear.

Best hands get win7, its dumb hard to install xp on mac and there is little support for it.
im gonna try to install parallels on my mac this week,i already rifgot win7

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

I know Apple isn't too friendly with the discounts.  Is the Apple Store with the Student/Edu discount the best spot?
find a microcenter they got last years 13 macbook pro, which is faster than the sandy bridges of this year for 899and u can get apple care later i think you have until ur year is up

I need more info on the microcenter deal, there's a location down in Tustin, want more info before I head down there.

laugh.gif

http://slickdeals.net/for...showthread.php?t=2752317

Can someone please answer this question...I just copped a 13" MBP and according to the Watts app, I've gone though 5 charge cycles and my battery capacity is already at 98%. The design for the battery is up to 80% per 1,000 cycles. It this good or bad?

Originally Posted by 91 West

Can someone please answer this question...I just copped a 13" MBP and according to the Watts app, I've gone though 5 charge cycles and my battery capacity is already at 98%. The design for the battery is up to 80% per 1,000 cycles. It this good or bad?
when i first got my mac i got one of those apps and the same thing happened...
i say dont worry about it, kill your battery once every few months and just the status on your battery thru about this mac/power

If want an accurate reading of cycle charging go to

About this mac > More info > Scroll Down to Power > And you'll see all the info you need.

find a microcenter they got last years 13 macbook pro, which is faster than the sandy bridges of this year for 899

and u can get apple care later i think you have until ur year is up

huh, 32nm is faster than 22nm?, A core 2 duo is faster than a Core i5?
Who said this? Dude you know nothing.

new 15 inch mbp owner 
pimp.gif

5lqoa0.jpg

huge upgrade from a pos Dell Dimension windows vista basic with AMD processor 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

About this mac > More info > Scroll Down to Power > And you'll see all the info you need.

find a microcenter they got last years 13 macbook pro, which is faster than the sandy bridges of this year for 899

idk seen it on macrumors and again in the slickdeals thread...*shrugs*
you know everything tho 
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

you know everything tho 

wait you said that? lmao really hope you didn't

I don't know everything.
tired.gif

Damm Audi Vista Basic really?, and you got the matching kicks
laugh.gif
enjoy.

yea man dell deimension c521 windows vista basic amd processor with an acer screen

lol i got this pc on ebay for like 350 bucks i dont even remember few years ago obviously an got the 20 inch widescreen monitor on sale at staples soon after lol.............thought i was doing it at the time....
ive had so many problems with this pos machine..........

you know everything tho 

wait you said that? lmao really hope you didn't

I don't know everything.
tired.gif
guilty 
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by iHust1e

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

if you're not comfortable dropping that much, go for a refurbished model. same computer, same warranty with a cheaper price tag
Thanks. I have one around my way. I will check this out.
2a5xldf.png

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
I love you guys

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

laugh.gif

I went in there and spotted it. For some reason, they didnt mark the price as 899 tho. So i just pulled up the website on that macbook and just asked him if this was that computer
laugh.gif

They only had 18 left at my MC though so Id check asap. Also ask about a university disco.
glasses.gif

Back
Top Bottom