The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

what cable do you guys recommend to connect macbook to tv via hdmi so i can stream some netflix or hulu ?

i see a few on amazon but not sure which one is best or if they do the same

Originally Posted by sneakaprince

Originally Posted by Three00ZeeX

planning on getting a mbp soon but hoping they will bring back the free ipod touch and printer deal with purchase... anyone know if/when that will happen? thanks

usually happens around back to school time

Yeah it launches around late May/early June.

Originally Posted by TheGoogler

planning on getting a mbp soon but hoping they will bring back the free ipod touch and printer deal with purchase... anyone know if/when that will happen? thanks

nice thanks guys, gonna wait it out then.. do you know if they give the student discount on top of it or is it one or the other?

what connections does the macbook have? mini display port/dvi?

just get any dvi to hdmi or mini displayport to hdmi converter on monoprice.com

i dont know if they'll carry sound tho

nice thanks guys, gonna wait it out then.. do you know if they give the student discount on top of it or is it one or the other?

its probably going to be a hundred dollars off, free printer then ipod. 

Originally Posted by CWrite78

what connections does the macbook have? mini display port/dvi?

just get any dvi to hdmi or mini displayport to hdmi converter on monoprice.com

i dont know if they'll carry sound tho
mini display
anyone know if ill get sound i think i should if its hdmi correct? 

Originally Posted by Adrian1221

its probably going to be a hundred dollars off, free printer then ipod. 
nice, in that case, i think its worth the wait.

Originally Posted by best hands in the game

so how bad are these overheating issues people are talking about with the new MBPs? are they with all models? im looking to scoop up a 15" by the end of the month. hopefully the issues will be fixed soon?
nerd.gif
I work with Illustrator and Photoshop editing 200mb+ documents at a time, and AT BEST the computer has gotten lukewarm. Honestly I am amazed at how not-hot this machine gets.

-The Juice

MBP Help: Can I send my MBP back to apple without my hard installed? Will they deny me service? Also what tools do I need in order to open up my unibody safely? I live by a walmart, radioshack, and home depot. Is it possible to get what I need from any of those stores? #thanksnt

Edit:I'm also thinking of upgrading to 8gb of ram. I have a 8mb connection, and I multitask 2-4 programs at one time so would it be a wise decision to upgrade from 4gb of ram to 8gb? Would that stop my making from getting loud?

Originally Posted by CaptinStabbin

so how bad are these overheating issues people are talking about with the new MBPs? are they with all models? im looking to scoop up a 15" by the end of the month. hopefully the issues will be fixed soon?
nerd.gif
I work with Illustrator and Photoshop editing 200mb+ documents at a time, and AT BEST the computer has gotten lukewarm. Honestly I am amazed at how not-hot this machine gets.

-The Juice
Thats great to hear. Something came up monday so i wont be able to get mine until saturday
alien.gif

btw does anyone own an AirPort Express? Does it only work with Airport extreme or will it work with my current netgear wireless router?
I was looking to just extend my wireless in the house. I dont want to put in long cables through the attic
sick.gif

is the ethernet port on the Express, ethernet in or out?

just got mine today, its so damn confusing to navigate through this thing
30t6p3b.gif
still getting used to the clicking and other touch gestures. other than that, its really smooth and powerful
pimp.gif

what cases you guys using?

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

Originally Posted by YMCMB

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

mix 1 part alcohol to one part water and you're good. Don't use windex or anything harsh. If you feel the need to pay for something, Klear Screen works fine. It's just watered down alcohol though
like rubbing alcohol? and using a paper towel would be fine?
yeah. a microfiber cloth/eyeglass towel will work better though
What's wrong with using Windex? I have been using windex.
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by DaCitySlanga

MBP noob im in love and will NEVER go back to Windows

Has a nice user interface and easy to use huh? It seems faster too IMO, I only use Windows 7 if I really need to run windows specific software or to game. However, that's a pretty nice OS but Snow Leopard is better and faster IMO

How do i make my top menu bar translucent black?
I have candy bar. It only shows options for icons and the dock.
the only way to make it translucent is to pair that feature with a black background. Otherwise you can use Nocturne or the Black MAc OSX hard mod 

Back
Top Bottom