The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

Originally Posted by kiendienn

pchen83 - hey fam, i got all the themes in bowtie to work last night on my external monitor, but now im on campus with my mbp and it seems like only the zukunft black works, the white doesnt work nor do any of the passerby's.  Do you have any insight on fixing this?  I've tried reinstalling all the themes and restarting bowtie numerous times =/

For the zukunft black that does work, it has trouble displaying 15% of track information, the track progress bar continues, but the track information remains the same as the previous song.

Anyone else running bowtie? It's got some really sleek themes; I just wish it was more reliable
mad.gif

Hopefully there's an easy fix

Whats the word?  I wasn't able to replicate the error on my machine

is there a way to get a paid app free from the app store?

im all for paying for apps but this one is 10$ and its learning wordpress video imo seems like it should be free

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

my battery is weak now....how should i go about getting it replaced?

if you have purchased apple care or are still under the 1 year warranty go to apple and they should replace it for free.

if you do not have applecare then it is $129 before taxes for the 15 inch and 13 inch macbook. $179 for the 17 inch macbook.

you should check if you are still under the 1 year warranty when you got your macbook.

My battery only lasts about 5 min for some reason... Apple said Apple Care doesn't cover batteries though. So I'm just on the charger a lot. They said my battery was fine when they checked it out, but it always turns off once it's down to about 95% on the menu bar.

Originally Posted by TheGoogler

Originally Posted by davizzy

Originally Posted by Russ tha G

I finally put Bowtie, Facemenu, Geektools, Weather HD+, and Growl on my MB... I feel like I have been living in the stone age all this time. Growl notifications for tweets and FB via their respective apps makes it where I don't have to have excess tabs open in my browser or all the apps up and open.

screen shot?
also, how do i get gmail on my menu bar?

Google Notifier.
Safari is the default browser when using Google Notifier. Any way to change this?

Edit: Just figured it out.
grin.gif

really? the hell, I thought they fully covered batteries with applecare. That was one of the main reasons i got it

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

yeah apple care doesnt cover batteries that have more than a certain amount of cycles...like less than 10 i think

When I got my battery replaced, and im under apple care. The battery had about 350+ cycles on it and it kept shutting of at 22% then one day the computer displayed a message that the battery needs to be serviced. When i went to the apple store, the Apple Genius dude told me that if I were over 500+ cycles that the battery has runed it courese and i'll will have to pay out of pocket for a new battery even if i had the apple care. However since it was way under 500 cycles and it was also under its suggested mAH capacity they replaced it for me for free under my apple care protection plan.

The best way to check how many cycles you have put on you battery do this.

Apple logo>About this mac>More info>Click "Power"> Look Under battery information and you'll see your cycle count.

Apple does cover batteries as long its deemed defective, not normal wear and tear. (Which i think is bs cause they should replace the battery even though the battery has been degraded over time that what the apple care is for.)

Anyway if you have a macbook or a macbook pro the "user replaceable" batteries go for $100 i think.

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

is this something i can do by myself? or should i send it to the shop? (to replace battery)

Can you access the battery underneath the laptop meaing without removing the srecws and tapping on the hinge only 2008 and before macbooks can do this? if yes, yes you can do it yourself If no, Don't do it or you might void your warranty or cause a static shock to yourself.

Your best option is to setup an appointment with the Apple genius and see what they can do for you.

Damn, I'm at 420+ cycles. how often do these things actually go out?

A batteries degrade no matter how well you treat them, they will go eventually a car battery, a remote battery they need to be replaced once they can't hold there charge no more, It happens.

Just setup an appointment with Apple genius and tell them whats wrong and they might be able to replace the battery for you at cost if you under warranty or have apple care.

here is away to check if your still under warranty or have apple care.
https://selfsolve.apple.c...eementWarrantyDynamic.do

Originally Posted by WearinTheFourFive

Damn, I'm at 420+ cycles. how often do these things actually go out?

Im at 622 cycles and my battery health is now 81%.  No problems here really.  shrug

the new macbook airs will have sandy bridges i5

if the battery life is good at least 5 hours and a few more updates maybe thunderbolt and the new hd cam ill cop a 13 ultimate

is 800 a good deal for this

Specs:
2GB RAM - 500GB SSD/HD Laptop with Hardcase, Magic Mouse, and Loads of Software
Description
This listing is for a New 13" Apple MacBook 2.4GHz 2GB RAM upgraded with Seagate 500GB MOMENTUS XT w/HYBRID SSD DRIVE
• 10X faster than normal drive!
• This computer has been upgraded.
• The hard drive comes with a 5-year warranty from Seagate.
• The rest of the computer is covered by a one-year warranty from Apple.
Technical Specifications
• 13.3-inch LED-backlit, glossy widescreen display with a widescreen resolution of 1280 x 800 pixels
• 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor
• 500 GB 7200-rpm MOMENTUS XT w/HYBRID SSD DRIVE
• 2 GB installed RAM (1066 MHz DDR3)
• NVIDIA GeForce 320M graphics processor (with 256 MB of DDR3 SDRAM shared with main memory)
• 8x slot-loading SuperDrive with double-layer DVD support (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
• Built-in iSight camera
• Wi-Fi wireless networking (based on 802.11n specification; 802.11a/b/g compatible)
• Gigabit Ethernet wired networking (10/100/1000BASE-T
• Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR (Enhanced Data Rate)
• Two USB 2.0 ports
• Mini DisplayPort video output
• Built-in stereo speakers
• Built-in omnidirectional microphone
• Combined digital output/headphone output (also includes line-in/microphone jack)
• Up to 10 hours of continuous use with 63.5-watt-hour lithium-polymer battery
• Dimensions: 13 x 9.12 x 1.08 inches (WxDxH)
• Weight: 4.7 pounds
What's Included
• New 13" Apple MacBook with Snow Leopard 10.6 and iLife '11 Completely Updated
• 60W MagSafe Power Adapter
• AC Wall Plug and Power Cord
• Software DVDs
• Printed and Electronic Documentation
• Speck MacBook 13

Originally Posted by ll K R E A M 15 ll

is 800 a good deal for this

Specs:
2GB RAM - 500GB SSD/HD Laptop with Hardcase, Magic Mouse, and Loads of Software
Description
This listing is for a New 13" Apple MacBook 2.4GHz 2GB RAM upgraded with Seagate 500GB MOMENTUS XT w/HYBRID SSD DRIVE
• 10X faster than normal drive!
• This computer has been upgraded.
• The hard drive comes with a 5-year warranty from Seagate.
• The rest of the computer is covered by a one-year warranty from Apple.
Technical Specifications
• 13.3-inch LED-backlit, glossy widescreen display with a widescreen resolution of 1280 x 800 pixels
• 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor
• 500 GB 7200-rpm MOMENTUS XT w/HYBRID SSD DRIVE
• 2 GB installed RAM (1066 MHz DDR3)
• NVIDIA GeForce 320M graphics processor (with 256 MB of DDR3 SDRAM shared with main memory)
• 8x slot-loading SuperDrive with double-layer DVD support (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
• Built-in iSight camera
• Wi-Fi wireless networking (based on 802.11n specification; 802.11a/b/g compatible)
• Gigabit Ethernet wired networking (10/100/1000BASE-T
• Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR (Enhanced Data Rate)
• Two USB 2.0 ports
• Mini DisplayPort video output
• Built-in stereo speakers
• Built-in omnidirectional microphone
• Combined digital output/headphone output (also includes line-in/microphone jack)
• Up to 10 hours of continuous use with 63.5-watt-hour lithium-polymer battery
• Dimensions: 13 x 9.12 x 1.08 inches (WxDxH)
• Weight: 4.7 pounds
What's Included
• New 13" Apple MacBook with Snow Leopard 10.6 and iLife '11 Completely Updated
• 60W MagSafe Power Adapter
• AC Wall Plug and Power Cord
• Software DVDs
• Printed and Electronic Documentation
• Speck MacBook 13

For some reason if I'm on Worldstar or ESPN watching videos and I switch to Full Screen mode, my dock and top menu bar will be showing over top the video. However, when I'm on Youtube this doesn't happen, any explanations?

I'm on 180 cycles on my Late 2007/Early 2008 Macbook Model & I already have the service battery signal. It cannot hold a battery for %!++.

I'm glad I use this as a stationary unit now, with it always being plugged in, so it's not a problem. Regardless, it's ridiculous.

PO

Back
Top Bottom