The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

I can't wait.

I don't typically pay attention to these things but I am now because I need a new MBP to replace.

What happens to the last gen? Do they slash prices to make room?

Historically with the new gen coming out, are the prices the same as their respective predecessor?

Yes and yes. I don't see a price increase but with the technology we are hearing about, it could happen.

I can't wait.

I don't typically pay attention to these things but I am now because I need a new MBP to replace.

What happens to the last gen? Do they slash prices to make room?

Historically with the new gen coming out, are the prices the same as their respective predecessor?
The last gen models do get a price cut. Nothing big, but lower than MSRP.

Looking forward to this event. In the market for a new laptop and I hope the specs on this is great.

I just wish the MBPs just weren't so expensive lol.

Sidenote, it would be sweet if they offered a flat black colored MBP.

Doubt it will happen, but I regretted not getting a black MacBook 10 years ago lol.

I'll probably opt for a mid-2015 when the new model drops. Really depends on the ports. I heard everything will be switched to USB-C. I don't have anything utilizing it yet and don't care to buy new cords or adapters anytime soon if that's the case

I simply need a new laptop for some light photo editing and web browsing. 

I'd look into the Air or even the 12-inch MB, but if I'm spending that much, I figured, I should pay the extra to get a MBP.

Still annoyed that you can't upgrade the RAM yourself anymore.

Hopefully they'll drop the price on the current MBPs. :nerd:

It seems as though that touchscreen toolbar is the big selling point. Not a huge deal at all for me. I can click with my Magic Mouse to achieve the same thing :lol:.

Last edited:
I was thinking that the new MacBooks would have a full touch screen option like the dell xps 13. Not sold on the limited touchscreen toolbar.

Hopefully they'll drop the price on the current MBPs.
nerd.gif

It seems as though that touchscreen toolbar is the big selling point. Not a huge deal at all for me. I can click with my Magic Mouse to achieve the same thing
laugh.gif
Right?

If the touchscreen toolbar is true, I simply think it's just a gimmick.

And this is just me, but Idk why laptops have a touch screen option. I guess I'm just old-school like that.

A touch toolbar will have some nice uses for certain apps and people will certainly benefit from if, but I don't see how that's going to fit into my workflow.

Im about to do a data doubler on my 2011 mbp

will i need to choose the second ssd when saving information, or will my system automatically know to save to the second ssd when the first is out of storage?
Put the SSD in the main HDD bay and the old drive in the CD/DVD bay. 

I leave my apps to run on the SSD for performance, but set my browsers and applications to save their files to the old HDD. Unless you are photo editing, then you may want to save your projects and edits to the SSD for better performance in the Adobe suite. 

from the concepts people have put together, it just seems like an aesthetic thing to replace the functional buttons with touch bar. I'm sure Apple will stress how removing the physical keys allows more space internally for things.

But as far as applications, the position on the keyboard is not ergonomically friendly. It would be better served having it where the track pad is. Can't imagine constantly reaching over the keyboard to improve workflow.

Hopefully they'll drop the price on the current MBPs. :nerd:

It seems as though that touchscreen toolbar is the big selling point. Not a huge deal at all for me. I can click with my Magic Mouse to achieve the same thing :lol: .
Right?

If the touchscreen toolbar is true, I simply think it's just a gimmick.

And this is just me, but Idk why laptops have a touch screen option. I guess I'm just old-school like that.
Touchscreens definitely have uses for certain people whether it be graphic design, or photo editing, etc. But it's definitely not something I look for in a laptop. If (when) the day ever comes where I have to pay a premium on a laptop I want because it's only offered in touchscreen I'm gonna be pissed :lol:.

from the concepts people have put together, it just seems like an aesthetic thing to replace the functional buttons with touch bar. I'm sure Apple will stress how removing the physical keys allows more space internally for things.

But as far as applications, the position on the keyboard is not ergonomically friendly. It would be better served having it where the track pad is. Can't imagine constantly reaching over the keyboard to improve workflow.
Exactly. It's not really convenient at all. And if you're using a mouse it'd be much quicker to just point and click.

Last edited:

Their reason will probably be 'courage'.

Put the SSD in the main HDD bay and the old drive in the CD/DVD bay. 

I leave my apps to run on the SSD for performance, but set my browsers and applications to save their files to the old HDD. Unless you are photo editing, then you may want to save your projects and edits to the SSD for better performance in the Adobe suite. 
my old hdd was constantly crashing so i was planning on  putting a second ssd in the optical drive ...is that advisable?  

my main concern was how to format my mac to know which sdd to use for specific purposes

Yes, most sites have reported a drop in USB Type-A for new Macbooks. It's really not that big of a change since I got my 2015 Macbook. I'm usually hooked into an external monitor anyways, and don't use an external HD.

Not feeling these usb c ports. I make music on my macbook and none of my audio peripherals have that these usb c connections on them . Im so glad I didn't wait on these new macbook pros. I copped the 2015 last month and its bad enough is only has two usb ports.

If they put the touch toolbar where it is in the pics then wouldn't it get hot easily? That area on my mbp gets hot pretty quickly if I'm using a ram intensive program like photoshop or lightroom.

Probably some new technology to "prevent" that from happening. My computer is generally hot when using, maybe its the LED's in the backlit keyboard or something, idk. This machine would be BURNING up when exporting something from Final Cut or Garage Band.

Anyone looking to increate their MBP storage. I would try this before you double up on HDD's/SSD's

Back
Top Bottom