The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

Got a 2008, 2012, 2013 Air, and 2015 retina. Apple definitely wildin' with those prices and minimal spec upgrades. I'll just keep what I got for now.

If USB-C becomes as prevalent as micro-USB is today, then it'd be pretty awesome. You'd always have a charger around.

However, that won't happen for a few years (if it ever does) and MagSafe really is one of the best features ever. Dumb move.

Ordered the 8GB RAM today for my 2011 MBP. It was on sale at Best Buy for 49.99 so I jumped on it. Hopefully I notice a difference

I know I'm late but I just saw the price of the new Macbook, Apple has lost their damn minds with the pricing. Not only are you gonna charge me $1799 (not including upgrades), but you gonna bend me over and make me pay for adapters like HDMI and ethernet? They doing the same ******** they did with the phone, removing commonly used ports for the sole express purpose of selling adapters. 

Last edited:
Tempted to sell my early 2016 12in MacBook and two Airs (mid '13, early '15). Then settle the difference out of pocket for a specced out previous gen 15in Retina Pro for $2500. Probably even cheaper used. Or do I wait a few months to see if the new Pros drop in price? :nerd:

Last edited:
If that ain't the strongest username to post ratio I ever seen..

Last edited:
Tempted to sell my early 2016 12in MacBook and two Airs (mid '13, early '15). Then settle the difference out of pocket for a specced out previous gen 15in Retina Pro for $2500. Probably even cheaper used. Or do I wait a few months to see if the new Pros drop in price? :nerd:

It's very frustrating because I've already waited so long. For now, I'll probably wait until March/April to see what happens. I may just go into Apple to see the new MBP and compare with the 2015.

I really don't care about the touch bar, so I may just get a fully loaded 2015 instead. Keep all my USB ports, mag safe, and I can add more RAM/SSD if I wanted to (I think).

Last edited:
13 inch without the touchbar has a removable ssd...but it's a 13 inch....

http://www.macrumors.com/2016/10/28/new-macbook-pro-removable-ssd/

Teardown Reveals New MacBook Pro Without Touch Bar Has Removable SSD
Friday October 28, 2016 4:04 pm PDT by Juli Clover
The new entry-level 13-inch MacBook Pro without a Touch Bar has only been available for a day and just made its way into Apple retail stores, but OWC has already managed to take apart one of the machines to get a glimpse inside.

The teardown is still underway, but OWC can confirm that the new MacBook Pro has a removable SSD, meaning it is replaceable and can potentially be upgraded after purchase. Previous MacBook Pro models have also featured a removable SSD, but the MacBook SSD is soldered to the logic board, so it was unclear if the new MacBook Pro would continue to offer a removable SSD due to its thinner body.

2016macbookproteardown
OWC has noted a number of other observations about the new MacBook Pro:

- Solid State Drive module is removable
- Bottom was more difficult to remove than previous generations, but it was not glued
- Speaker module needs to be removed to pull SSD back
- SSD had very strong tape covering the interface port
- Laptop automatically turns on when you open it regardless of pressing power button

OWC's discoveries only apply to the 13-inch MacBook Pro without a Touch Bar. It's likely models with a Touch Bar have a similar build, but the internal hardware is different because it incorporates a new component. We'll need to wait a few more weeks to see what's inside the higher-end 13 and 15-inch MacBook Pro machines, as they won't be available until mid-November.

Last edited:
Lets keep it funky

2015 pro > 2016 pro

Once again, apple dropped the ball conforming to consumer hype. The iphone trend has found its way to the macbooks. Could've easily waited another 8 months for a pro model that actually changed the game. My 2015 pro got that much more loved by me
embarassed.gif

I was ready to get the new mbp but then seen the prices. Couldnt help but laugh from the disappointment

I want to upgrade because I can't use airdrop or bluetooth to connect to my iphone 7 but I'll probably upgrade to a 2013 refurbished if I can score a good deal

It's very frustrating because I've already waited so long. For now, I'll probably wait until March/April to see what happens. I may just go into Apple to see the new MBP and compare with the 2015.

I really don't care about the touch bar, so I may just get a fully loaded 2015 instead. Keep all my USB ports, mag safe, and I can add more RAM/SSD if I wanted to (I think).
I think I'm gonna do the same regarding waiting. Might get a price drop on the '16s and even the previous gens might drop in resell price since everyone is trying to buy one now for a deal.

I'm the same way regarding the Touch Bar. Just a gimmick imo. And I need the Fxx keys for work so if I can't customize it for certain apps it's already out of the question. But there's just something about that Space Gray and having the "newest" MBP though :lol:.

I'm actually pretty sure that the '15s aren't user-upgradeable. But specced out you'll be getting 16GB RAM and a 1TB SSD so you really wouldn't need to upgrade anyway.

Saw this one end yesterday. Completely upgraded '15 for just over $2k. That would run you over $3k from Apple after tax.

Last edited:
I saw the 13 without touchbar. It's very nice, but I wanna checkout that 15 and see what the touchbar is all about before I make my decision :smokin

I low key fell in love with the 13 w/o the touch bar

But I know it ain't any good for me :smh:

You mean the touchbar isn't good for you, or the one without isn't? Can't decide if I wanna go all in and get a 15 or just play it cool and get the baseline. :smh:

I'm not digging the touch bar. If I were to get the 15, the touch bar would be something I'd never use.

I just know that the 13 with out the bar is sexy af. But it's missing so many features that I currently use.

And the price will drop eventually so I'm just going to wait it out. I'd rather pay 1199 for it. It's got the same specs as an upgraded 2015 13inch, but I know it will drop by next spring/summer

What features do you use that you wouldn't find the touchbar relevant or make the baseline not relevant?

I'm trying to convince myself of real world practicality and I just can't figure out what I would really benefit from.

Back
Top Bottom