The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

Either answer the questions (or at least attempt to) or don't post. Simple as that. If there isn't a suitable enough answer from NT then it may be smart to do further research via a search engine.After all this is NT's "Official" Mac thread. If not for questions and insights then it would just be a superficial thread about people showingoff their new kit and setups. Let's not perpetuate the perceived Apple/Mac arrogance.

^It just seems redundant when there's someone new in here every other day saying OMG where can i getz those dope Jumpman logoz? It's on every freakinpage cause someone always asks. Granted, there's like 80+ pages of info, but if you even looked at like 2-3 of them, you'd find most of the informationthat the new Mac owners are asking. Not trying to "perpetuate Apple arrogance", just it becomes mundane when the same questions are asked over andover again.

Cwrite... the mimo is great, I've been using it mostly for itunes and tools for PS and AI. About to buy the 4GB memory upgrade for my MBP. Flash is laggingon my system.

Originally Posted by Phinsfan13

^It just seems redundant when there's someone new in here every other day saying OMG where can i getz those dope Jumpman logoz? It's on every freakin page cause someone always asks. Granted, there's like 80+ pages of info, but if you even looked at like 2-3 of them, you'd find most of the information that the new Mac owners are asking. Not trying to "perpetuate Apple arrogance", just it becomes mundane when the same questions are asked over and over again.

Cwrite... the mimo is great, I've been using it mostly for itunes and tools for PS and AI. About to buy the 4GB memory upgrade for my MBP. Flash is lagging on my system.
Point taken. BTW the resale value for MBP's are pretty good. I am getting some pretty good responses onmy 2nd revision MBP 2.33 Ghz Core 2 Duo, and this is without AppleCare to transfer over, a dent by the Express Card, running 10.4 Tiger, and a battery thatonly holds a charge for 10 minutes. Funny thing is, I told them about all the issues, and even took pictures of it, and the responses are rolling in.

eek.gif
@ My2 year old MBP paying for my Unibody MB.

I'm praying I didn't !!#! up my Firefox.

So what just happened was, I shut off my MBP but it was taking forever so I said eff this and hit the manual powerbutton. A message came up asking do I want to keep the 2 Firefox tabs I had open, save it for when I restart or just quit. I selected quit, now I turned mycomputer on opened my Firefox and my homepage that always loads up is gone it's blank. When I go to a site like NT the logo doesn't come up in the barif I go into a specific thread I can't hit the back button and it doesn't show threads I've already viewed (grey look).

I checked my Bookmarks and they're all gone (very important) and my website history is gone.

have u restarted after that? also, you can try using time machine to go back and restore your firefox

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

Either answer the questions (or at least attempt to) or don't post. Simple as that. If there isn't a suitable enough answer from NT then it may be smart to do further research via a search engine. After all this is NT's "Official" Mac thread. If not for questions and insights then it would just be a superficial thread about people showing off their new kit and setups. Let's not perpetuate the perceived Apple/Mac arrogance.

If you look at my post I said I was referring to "question threads", it wasn't really related to this thread. I just went on the rant when I sawthe dude's post I quoted about using google. That's why I said "not to go off on ya'll" because nobody in this thread particular reallydeserved to hear me rant. I don't even recall the question that the "google" reply was to.

how do i uninstall applications on my mac? like i installed firefox and i want to uninstall it

Originally Posted by wanksta23

Originally Posted by Olvera23

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

IDK if its my imagination... but I swaer on my new MB.. the screen randomly brightens and dims just a tiny bit from time to time.... hmmmm

wondering the same thing too.... i thought it was just me
it dims when you take it off the charger
laugh.gif

it also auto-adjusts based on the ambient light

Originally Posted by CWrite78

conficker? u dont have to worry unless you're running windows on your mac.
Yeah but my friends are getting weight loss and random spam msn msgs from me, and I get it time to time from people.

taking your mac to get repaired because it dims? damn..just check your energy saver preferences my man and customize how you want em. it automatically dims tosave battery...you can fix that

How do you guys use the built in webcam with msn? I know of aMSN and mercury. I used to use mercury for that but recently I fired up iChat for the first timeand used the iSight on there, now I try to go back to my original way and use the cam with Mercury and it won't connect for some reason. I can't evenview other people's cams. Is there a way to check iSight settings somewhere?? Any ideas ?

Originally Posted by baller mayo

How do you guys use the built in webcam with msn? I know of aMSN and mercury. I used to use mercury for that but recently I fired up iChat for the first time and used the iSight on there, now I try to go back to my original way and use the cam with Mercury and it won't connect for some reason. I can't even view other people's cams. Is there a way to check iSight settings somewhere?? Any ideas ?
im currently using amsn for webcam

Been playing around with Candybar since the AM and this is all I could come up with for the time being:

v33st2.png

deviant art

edit: i just changed all my icons back to stock, with the exception of the kaws finder and msn. i got too annoyed trying to remember what was what haha

Back
Top Bottom