The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

Originally Posted by Da Doc03

Originally Posted by CWrite78

well, i try my best to keep it alive/help others. u see the windows thread they tried to start? you'd figure with all those windows problems it'd be bigger than this one
laugh.gif
(kidding btw, don't want windows fan boys coming after me)
ohh ur good... i always see u in here.... you know that

lmfao @ windows fanboys..... dont want them in our thread starting %%*# and polluting our thread like they do the ps3 joint

< xbox owner lol

Mac Head: Jump 1 0

top_jump_extended.jpg

OS version: 10.5 +

The rest of the story: http://www.app4mac.com/store/index.p...product_id=18#

The Cliff Notes:

Jump is a cool utility designed to quickly launch applications, open
documents, or access folders. When there is not enough space in the
Apple Dock, you can use Jump to store an endless number of items! It
can be used in conjunction with the Apple Dock or as its replacement.
wink.gif

I'm using similar app called Quicksilver. Set a hotkey then type name/abbreviation of App then it launches. It's
pimp.gif

And its Free. Think mjbetch recommended it awhile ago.

well, i try my best to keep it alive/help others. u see the windows thread they tried to start? you'd figure with all those windows problems it'd be bigger than this one
laugh.gif

lmfao @ windows fanboys..... dont want them in our thread starting %%*# and polluting our thread like they do the ps3 joint

< xbox owner lol
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
sorry to hear that..... hey, we all make mistakes...
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by KneeNoh

Mac Head: Jump 1 0

top_jump_extended.jpg

OS version: 10.5 +

The rest of the story: http://www.app4mac.com/store/index.p...product_id=18#

The Cliff Notes:

Jump is a cool utility designed to quickly launch applications, open
documents, or access folders. When there is not enough space in the
Apple Dock, you can use Jump to store an endless number of items! It
can be used in conjunction with the Apple Dock or as its replacement.
wink.gif

I'm using similar app called Quicksilver. Set a hotkey then type name/abbreviation of App then it launches. It's
pimp.gif

And its Free. Think mjbetch recommended it awhile ago.
yea..... quicksilver is really good... i had that installed a while back....

laugh.gif

< xbox owner lol
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif

well, i did buy my console to play games and not to sit and collect dust.. but that's a different thread
laugh.gif
we're all mac fam here.

I'm thinkin about grabbing a mac....Main uses will be Photo/Video/Muisc editing, Net, some like word, excel, Powerpoint... The editing of music/video/photowon't be too major though. What kind of set-up you think I could get away with...IMAC with 4gb of ram is what I was thinking of grabbing. How much of adifference in quality between the 20 and 24in Thanks

laugh.gif

< xbox owner lol
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif

well, i did buy my console to play games and not to sit and collect dust.. but that's a different thread
laugh.gif
we're all mac fam here.

OUCH....
roll.gif

So I'm pretty content with my Icons... except I need a good one for system preferences...

Just found a sweet TMNT wallpaper last night
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by dyzzle

Originally Posted by TheGoogler

Anyone know how to have widgets on the desktop?
Immmmmmm Baaaaaaaccck

http://www.amnestywidgets.com/WidgetBrowser.html
good looks with the app
pimp.gif

but it's not free
nerd.gif
of course not.... i post these apps so that yall can try them out and support the creators is u like it... check it out.
wink.gif
what you did there, i see it.
nerd.gif
pimp.gif
roll.gif

offtopic:
but dynasty-raider, where is this from??

Originally Posted by PghShoeCollector

I'm thinkin about grabbing a mac....Main uses will be Photo/Video/Muisc editing, Net, some like word, excel, Powerpoint... The editing of music/video/photo won't be too major though. What kind of set-up you think I could get away with...IMAC with 4gb of ram is what I was thinking of grabbing. How much of a difference in quality between the 20 and 24in Thanks

The only difference between both is bigger hard drive, RAM and of course the display. You should be good with the 4gb iMac though.

I'm thinkin about grabbing a mac....Main uses will be Photo/Video/Muisc editing, Net, some like word, excel, Powerpoint... The editing of music/video/photo won't be too major though. What kind of set-up you think I could get away with...IMAC with 4gb of ram is what I was thinking of grabbing. How much of a difference in quality between the 20 and 24in Thanks

The only difference between both is bigger hard drive, RAM and of course the display. You should be good with the 4gb iMac though.

Thanks...As far as quality in the display is there a major difference between 20 and 24?

offtopic:
but dynasty-raider, where is this from??

I got it from some thread here on NT. I think it was some chick in King mag? I don't even know her name or anything
laugh.gif
Someone else probably knows though.

Thanks...As far as quality in the display is there a major difference between 20 and 24?

In terms, of quality i would say they are the same only that the resolution is different.

20 in. = 1680 x 1050
24 in. = 1920 x 1200

I know i've posted about this a few times before... but I'm gonna have to go ahead and do it again
roll.gif

My screen is still dimming and brightening completely randomly... and no it has nothing to do with energy saver settings
So i'm sitting here in the dark in my basement... there is one light on... the light in the basement is not changing at all.... the computer is plugged in.So unless the "sensor" is crazy sensitive to light changes... and if my screen moves the small percentage of a degree of an angle... itbrightens/dims.... somethings gotta be wrong.

As I'm sitting here typing this... it dims and brightens
roll.gif

well to get it out of your system, take it to the genius bar. they'll tell you if you're insane or correct. either way, it'll most likely be arepair where you'll have to send in your computer.

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

I know i've posted about this a few times before... but I'm gonna have to go ahead and do it again
roll.gif

My screen is still dimming and brightening completely randomly... and no it has nothing to do with energy saver settings
So i'm sitting here in the dark in my basement... there is one light on... the light in the basement is not changing at all.... the computer is plugged in. So unless the "sensor" is crazy sensitive to light changes... and if my screen moves the small percentage of a degree of an angle... it brightens/dims.... somethings gotta be wrong.

As I'm sitting here typing this... it dims and brightens
roll.gif

mine does the same thing, i think its the light bouncing off you from the screen and effeting the ambient light sensor. it must be really sensitive. you canturn it off in setings though

Anyone know how to have widgets on the desktop?
Immmmmmm Baaaaaaaccck

http://www.amnestywidgets.com/WidgetBrowser.html
good looks with the app
pimp.gif

but it's not free
nerd.gif
of course not.... i post these apps so that yall can try them out and support the creators is u like it... check it out.
wink.gif
what you did there, i see it.
nerd.gif
pimp.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif

http://Video Folks:

[h1]
turbo264HD-overview-title-en.jpg

[/h1]

[h1]Turbo.264 HD[/h1] [h3]Quickly convert any video file into a format that you can play anywhere and share with everyone.[/h3]

[h2]Instant access to your HD camcorder video
[/h2]
Preview and move HD camcorder movies to your Mac or iPod in one fast and easy step. Turbo.264 HD automatically detects AVCHD camcorders.
[h2]Convert all popular video formats[/h2]
Drag and drop any video file into the application and convert it to a high-quality H.264 file in standard or HD resolutions. H.264 video is a universal format that can be played on iPod, iPhone, Apple TV, gaming consoles, selected smartphones, and on the web.
[h2]Incredibly fast and easy to use[/h2]
Comes with intuitive software and converts videos at amazing speeds. Dramatically accelerates video encoding when the hardware encoder is used with Mac applications such as iMovie[emoji]174[/emoji], QuickTime[emoji]174[/emoji] Pro, Final Cut[emoji]174[/emoji] Pro, and EyeTV[emoji]174[/emoji].
[h2]Suitable for pros as well as novices[/h2]
Crop, scale, trim, batch process, and easily merge multiple clips into one movie. Select from a range of presets or add your own video output profiles.

elo_ws_image_gallery_5.jpg

More info on this product and more Elgato products

Back
Top Bottom