The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

fd7dk3.gif

BUMPIN......

How does NT run on Safari 4 for yall? Whenever there is a couple of gifs it lags quite a bit for me
mad.gif

Anyone have problems with Flash players on Firefox? It's only recently started happening. The player shows up and everything, but the buttons don'twork when I click on them.

So is it possible to text my friends from iChat to their phones?

I used to know how on my old PC, not not on my Mac.

Is there any current promotions in particular with iMacs? I am in the market for a desktop right now before June 1st. Is there a free iPod promotion going onright now or anything? Or is it best to pass on the Apple route right now. I'm usually a PC guy, but I'm looking at all options with the right value.

Originally Posted by TheRav4

Is there any current promotions in particular with iMacs? I am in the market for a desktop right now before June 1st. Is there a free iPod promotion going on right now or anything? Or is it best to pass on the Apple route right now. I'm usually a PC guy, but I'm looking at all options with the right value.

check out www.macmall.com homie

i think the best deals start up around july or august for back to school

Originally Posted by Retroisback2008

anyone know what the best pop-out blocker their is for the mac;

I am using Firefox, btw.

Firefox has an internal pop-up blocker that works well. Go to Firefox up top > Preferences > 'Content' tab > make sure the option "blockpop-up windows" is checked. Done.

Originally Posted by TheGoogler

Originally Posted by Retroisback2008

anyone know what the best pop-out blocker their is for the mac;

I am using Firefox, btw.

Firefox has an internal pop-up blocker that works well. Go to Firefox up top > Preferences > 'Content' tab > make sure the option "block pop-up windows" is checked. Done.
i just came in here to say the same thing.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

An interesting observation was noted onthe Wine mailing list. As it turns out, new in Leopard is the ability to load and understand Windows Portable Executable (PE) fileswhich isthe common format for Windows applications and libaries. Understandably, the author raises a number of questions about the discovery:

Quote:
[table][tr][td]So this leads to the question. Whats going on? Is this a hold over from EFI which is PE by default? Why would the OS need to load the EFI files? Maybe just for easy of development and testing? Or is something else going on? Is Apple going to be adding a win32 compatibility layer to OS X? Is having a loader of any use to us?[/td] [/tr][/table]
This, of course, leads somepeople to the most dramatic conclusion: that Apple may be integrating Windows virtualization into Mac OS Xitself. Of course, rumors of this possibility had been circulating for the months prior to Leopard's official release.

One developer we contacted about this thought it was very unlikely and felt that this parsing of PE files may simplybe the product of Apple's ongoing work with Safari and iTunes for Windows. He also noted that simply parsing PE files is a far step from being able toactually run Windows applications.

Article Link

HardMac claims that they have heard some interesting tidbits about future iPhones and iPods from theirsources.
Quote:
[table][tr][td]- The future iPhone models will have exactly the same shape and size than the current iPhone 3G, despite fakes and rumors circulating.
- Apple should refresh models for the iPod nano and Touch in september. Both should now include a camera, similarly to the iPhone.
[/td] [/tr][/table]
The iPhone retaining it's current shape and size is perhaps consistent with the recent rumors from China, but the addition of a camera to the iPod Touch and iPod Nano is a newpossibility.

A camera on the iPod Touch may make the most sense as it would bring the iPhone and iPod Touch closer together interms of features. A camera addition to the iPod Nano, however, would be a surprise. There has been talk that Apple might be positioning video to be a killerfeature in the next iPhones, and this could be an extension of that.

Meanwhile, some BestBuyinventory screenshots reveal some product placeholders for something called "Project Charlie". Someare speculating that this could be the new iPhone, but we have our doubts of the significance of this. In the past, it's been shown that Best Buyfrequently adds inventory items without any insider knowledge.

Article Link: New iPhone and iPod Touch Details? iPod to GetCamera?

Apple's latest "Get a Mac" ads seem to be taking direct aim at Microsoft's recent "LaptopHunters" ads in which a customer is given money to pick out a laptop that suits their needs. Microsoft specifically criticizes Apple on price during thesecommercials.

011114-macpc.png

Apple's latest ad called "Elimination" (direct .mov link) shows PC trying to provide buying advice to a potential customer Megan who wants a computer with a large screen and fastprocessor. Megan, however, also wants a computer without "viruses, crashes or headaches" which sends the customer to the Mac.

Apple also released (Customer Care and PC Choice Chat) two others ads with a similar theme.

Article Link: Apple's Latest Ad Takes Aim atMicrosoft's 'Laptop Hunters' Campaign

Originally Posted by Da Doc03

Originally Posted by SUCKAFREE85

My safari was running waaay too slow. I just downloaded firefox and its working much better.
i deinstalled safari earlier this week. get that new firefox... its been great for me so far

http://www.mozilla.com/en...efox/3.5b4/releasenotes/
1st off
pimp.gif
to you for all the misc stuff you've posted inthis thread... even if i only download what I need i thank you for it all...

2nd if i download this how much of my stuff from v3.0.8 will i lose? bookmarks, settings, add-on's and the like...

Originally Posted by Mister Negative

Originally Posted by Da Doc03

Originally Posted by SUCKAFREE85

My safari was running waaay too slow. I just downloaded firefox and its working much better.
i deinstalled safari earlier this week. get that new firefox... its been great for me so far

http://www.mozilla.com/en...efox/3.5b4/releasenotes/
1st off
pimp.gif
to you for all the misc stuff you've posted in this thread... even if i only download what I need i thank you for it all...

2nd if i download this how much of my stuff from v3.0.8 will i lose? bookmarks, settings, add-on's and the like...

thanks man.... i appreciate that
some of your addons may be lost... i only lost 1 which was "download them all"...... but after 2 days, the devs of DTA put out an update....

just make sure u dont uninstall firefox.... just download the new version right on top of your current.

you screen name and avy combo is
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom