The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

Originally Posted by DJprestige21

What do you guys pay for your iphone plan? Thinking of getting one soon and I want unlimited data.
$90+ ....i have unlimited data and 450 anytime minutes since i hate talking on the phone anyway
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Da Doc03

Originally Posted by dyzzle

anyone got a link to BUY
nerd.gif
missing sync?

da doc?
nerd.gif

nerd.gif
they got missing sync for WM..Palm...and blackberry

i need to kno which 1 so i can post up the link to the dev's site
nerd.gif

Da Doc, you got a link to the dev's site for the BB Missing Sync?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Rawk On

Can i download lime wire and safely download music? Since we don't get viruses?
nerd.gif

What do you guys use to download music?

I use Vuze, which runs searches across all the major sites... I am not very familiar with downloading torrents of legal goods and such, but it is very simpleand easy to use

Based off this thread I went and got EarthDesk, Coversutra, and Data Rescue II. That last one was a LIFE SAVER.

God bless this thread, lol.

Originally Posted by Rawk On

Can i download lime wire and safely download music? Since we don't get viruses?
nerd.gif

What do you guys use to download music?
frostwire
smokin.gif

23wqufk.jpg

ProteMac Meter is a network traffic logger that allows you to monitor all internet and network traffic on your Mac, showing you exactly what was transmittedand to where.

This includes all traffic initiated by software applications, services, web sites etc. The capability to audit what flows in and out of every piece of softwareis critical for security aware users. ProteMac Meter provides real-time processes (applications and services) monitoring and shows the history of every networkactivity.

The program shows extensive information about each connection: application network connections, host availability, remote host name, amounts of incoming andoutgoing traffic through connection or application, timestamps of the first and last activity, application that initiated or accepted this connection, fullpath to the application the process belongs to, and much more. The traffic summary indicator shows an upload and download speed graph and traffic totals.

Visualizing your Internet activity is simple, even for inexperienced users. You can view all established connections, monitor network and per applicationtraffic over a certain period, setup various notifications and much more. Use ProteMac Meter right from your menubar floating diagrams to see the applicationand network bytes flow.

Meter Features

Display chart and table of network application's or connection's real time activity.
Display real time network traffic usage for each application on your Mac!
Display real time network traffic summary for your Mac.
Display real time network speed for your Mac.
Provides clear graphical and numerical network traffic details.
Log each session, include start/stop time, application, remote address/port, total transferred bytes and average speed.
Generate network traffic statistics report, display period network usage for each application and each remote IP.
Monitors multiple network connection interfaces at the same time.
Views connection details in summary, daily, weekly and monthly format, plus export to many different file formats.
Readout in either kB/sec (kilobytes per second) or kbps (kilobits per second).
Useful stopwatch to accurately time downloads and report the average transfer rates.
Includes complete window configuration and view options.
Alarms once a particular amount of traffic volume is reached in the period.
Alarms for specified Application, bandwith or time
The utility has a transparent user-friendly interface and is very simple in use.

Screenshot:

23sxl74.jpg

2hx1qn4.jpg

28h0fo7.jpg

site_head.png

Name: RouteBuddy
Version: 2.3
Mac Platform: UB

OS version: 10.4 +

Link for more information: http://www.routebuddy.com/routebuddy/

Product Description:
RouteBuddy is the most advanced mapping application available on Mac OS X. It combines plug-and-play GPS support with high-quality map data, allowing you to create a library of your GPS activities. By supporting industry-standard interchange formats, RouteBuddy brings a world of geographical information to your Mac.

What's new in this version:
Fixed bug which could lead to excessive memory usage.
Fixed cosmetic glitch when edge of map was revealed.
Fixed cosmetic glitch where black lines could appear on map.
Fixed crash when opening editor sheet.
Improved tile cache performance.
Now allow licence codes to be removed.
Now export velocity to GPX files.
Now support searching in the RouteBuddy store.

wink.gif

Portal (Cider)

2m3r77s.jpg

2sa0zyp.jpg

Overview:

Portal[emoji]8482[/emoji] is a new single player game from Valve. Set in the mysterious Aperture Science Laboratories, Portal has been called one of the most innovative new games on the horizon and will offer gamers hours of unique gameplay.

The game is designed to change the way players approach, manipulate, and surmise the possibilities in a given environment; similar to how Half-Life[emoji]174[/emoji] 2's Gravity Gun innovated new ways to leverage an object in any given situation.

Players must solve physical puzzles and challenges by opening portals to maneuvering objects, and themselves, through space.

Portal is coming in the Fall of 2007 as part of The Orange Box, which also includes Team Fortress[emoji]174[/emoji] 2 and Half-Life[emoji]174[/emoji] 2: Episode Two. The Orange Box will be available for the PC, as well as the Xbox[emoji]174[/emoji] 360, Playstation[emoji]174[/emoji] 3 console systems AND NOW MAC!!
wink.gif

i just copped an itouch and I want Wi-Fi everywhere I go.
thought I could buy the AirPort Extreme Base and connect to my modem and be good. I haven't bought it yet but I would like to know exactly how it works.
a friend told me wireless routers work upto 500 and 1000 feet.

WWDC 2009 is upon us and we've traditionally provided a rumor roundup prior to the big event to summarize the most likely rumors surrounding the Appleevent.

iPhone

The product that seems to be getting the most attention ahead of the keynote is the next iPhone. Especially with the recent attention the Palm Pre as apotential "iPhone killer", everyone is eager to see what Apple is preparing for their next iteration. The Palm Pre, itself, provides some hints atwhat technology could realistically be delivered in the new iPhone.

The Palm Pre uses the ARM Cortex-A8 processor which represents the next generation ARM processor that is currently used in the iPhone. Apple is certain to usethe ARM Cortex as it provides "the highest performance,most power-efficient" ARM processor available. Apple's job listingshave also revealed that they are looking for ARM Cortex-specific programmers to take advantage of the more advanced features of the processor.

As well, Apple is believed to have licensed future 3D graphicschips from Imagination Technologies. Apple currently utilizes the 4th generation of this graphics chip, though the 5th generation is now available and readyfor use. This new graphics chip will allow for more advanced 3D graphics on the next iPhone.

This information is also in line with reports by John Gruber who suggest that the next iPhone will be disproportionately faster than the current iPhone.

Other features that seem almost certain at this point based on the mounting evidence include:

- Magnetometer (MacRumors,Boy Genius Report,AppleInsider, Daring Fireball,UMPCFever)
- Auto Focus Camera (MacRumors,UMPCFever)
- Video (MacRumors, Engadget Mobile, Boy GeniusReport, Businessweek)
- 4GB to 32GB sizes (Engadget, AreaMobile.de, Tweakers.net,Analyst)
- 7.2 Mbps 3G (AT&T,Boy GeniusReport, MacRumors,Silicon Alley Insider,iLounge).

Surprisngly enough, this final list matches up well with an anonymous post from aChinese forum, so it'll be interesting to see how right those details were after the event.

154412-chinaa_425.jpg

Despite the multitude of possible case designs that have been circulating around the internet, most of them are either believed to be fake or have been provento be fake. The most credible case leak came in February when a matte iPhone case appeared forum sources in China. This possibility of a Matte case was later repeated by iLounge which has hada good record in the past. Meanwhile, most of the depictions of front-facing iChat cameras have been artist renditions and we feel there has been no realevidence that Apple will be launching that feature tomorrow.

iPhone 3.0 will certainly be discussed during the WWDC keynote and a launch date will also likely be announced.

Snow Leopard

Despite having such a long lead time, few new rumors about Snow Leopard have been circulating. Apple has been seeding developers with early releases over thepast 12 months. While there have been minor revelations here and there, there are few major new details about Apple's upcoming operating system. Developersare expected to get the latest build of Snow Leopard (Build 10A380?) at WWDC and we hope to hear more definitive plans about the launch.

Meanwhile, the one secret change that had been rumored (Marble interface) may not be seen at all in Mac OS X 10.6.

Laptops

Finally, there had been some rumors about the possibility of notebook updates at WWDC back in April. These small updates couldincorporate 3G into someof the laptops, or lower the price tostimulate sales. There has also been talk of rebranding all aluminum notebooks under the "MacBook Pro" moniker.

This sort of talk, however, has died down in the days leading up to WWDC and it would be strange for Apple to devote much time to their laptop line at theirdevelopment conference. If these changes are to take place, it seems likely they would be "quiet" updates or perhaps occur a few weeks after WWDC,itself.

Live Coverage

The 2009 WWDC Keynote kicks off at 10 a.m. Pacific / 1 p.m. Eastern time and will be given by Phil Schiller. MacRumors will be providing live coverage onMacRumorsLive, twitter @macrumors, and a Spoiler Free notification system.

Article Link: WWDC 2009 Rumor Roundup: iPhone, SnowLeopard, Laptops?

120358-snowleop.jpg

Here are a collection of news and rumors in the last days leading up to WWDC:

- For those who were worried, here is a photo (above) of abanner for Snow Leopard "The World's Most Advanced Operating System" in Moscone West. Adam Jackson also posted a video of the entrance of Moscone West which is nowcovered in iPhone App icons.
- We've heard that Build 10A380 is likely to be the Snow Leopard build given to developers on Monday. The last build provided to developers was 10A354.
- Tweakers.net reportsthat the Dutch T-Mobile System lists 5 new iPhone models labeled as "iPhone 2009". These include: 16GB and 32GB models in black and white as well asone with no size given.

123630-iphones.jpg

- MacTalk.com.au was issued a cease and desist for their Vodafone End-of-Life's iPhonestory.
- Gear Live believesthat the new iphone will be called "iPhone Video" and availability will be limited at first.
- DoubleTwist has managed to place anad right under the San Francisco Apple store by renting the window from the BART transit system. Another picture showing where the subway opens to ground.

WWDC kicks off with a keynote speech by Phil Schiller on Monday, June 8th, 2009. MacRumors will have live coverage on MacRumorsLive of the keynote along with photos. We also have a Spoiler Free notification system in place to watch the videolater.

Article Link: WWDC: Snow Leopard (10A380), MoreiPhone Evidence, Live Coverage

Can someone help me pick out a new HD for my macbook? (white plastic, Intel C2D, summer 2007 revision) I have the standard 80GB which I thought I would neverfill, but now I only have 1.5GB and im looking for something that is at least 120GB. I have some knowledge on the topic but the RPM, SATA / ATA, cache, powerconsumption details are what confuse me. Thanks.

Hey Guys. Has anyone used boot camp before and had audio problems? My audio works when I run Leopard on the Mac, but when I switch it to Windows Vista I haveno audio. Any suggestions?

[h3]Apple Updates 13" Aluminum MacBook, Rebranded as "MacBook Pro"[/h3]
Monday June 08, 2009 03:41 PM EST; Category: MacBook Pro, MacBook
Written by Eric Slivka
153534-macbook.jpg
Apple today updated its 13" aluminum MacBook, rebranding the model as part of its MacBook Pro line. The new model offers the same non-user-replaceable battery found in the 17" MacBook Pro and adds a FireWire 800 port and an SD card slot. Pricing begins at $1199, a $100 drop over the previous entry-level price point, and all models include backlit keyboard.
The new 13-inch MacBook Pro is a significant upgrade at a lower price than the original aluminum MacBook it replaces. With the same sleek and durable design popular with consumers, students and professionals, all 13-inch MacBook Pro models now include a seven hour built-in battery, an SD card slot, a FireWire 800 port, an illuminated keyboard and an improved LED-backlit display with 60 percent greater color gamut.
Hard drive and RAM options for the 13" notebook are the same as in the new 15" MacBook Pro, topping out at 500 GB and 8 GB respectively. The new MacBook models offer the following price points and features:

- $1199. 13" MacBook Pro. 2.26GHz. 2GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 9400. 160GB HD. Firewire
- $1499. 13" MacBook Pro. 2.53GHz. 4GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 9400. 250GB HD. Firewire

Apple is now reserving the "MacBook" name for the white polycarbonate model. The new MacBook is available immediately.

[h3]Apple Releases New 15" MacBook Pro, Updates 17" MacBook Pro[/h3]
Monday June 08, 2009 03:51 PM EST; Category: MacBook Pro
Written by Eric Slivka
153534-macbook.jpg
Apple today released a revamped version of the 15" MacBook Pro. The new model incorporates the same non-user-replaceable battery found in the 17" MacBook Pro and offers up to seven hours of runtime and up to 1000 charge cycles. Apple has also replaced the ExpressCard slot found in the previous model with an SD card slot and improved the display quality. Pricing starts at $1699, a $300 reduction from the previous entry-level model, and the new models are shipping today.

Three standard 15" MacBook Pro configurations are offered:

- $1699. 2.53 GHz, 4 GB RAM. NVIDIA GeForce 9400M, 250GB HD. Firewire.
- $1999. 2.66 GHz, 4 GB RAM. NVIDIA GeForce GT. 320GB HD. Firewire.
- $2299. 2.8 GHz, 4 GB RAM. NVIDIA GeForce GT . 500 GB HD. Firewire.

Additional options include:

- Up to 3.06 GHz Core 2 Duo
- Up to 8 GB RAM
- Up to 500 GB HDD or 256 GB SSD

Apple also announced minor spec updates to the 17" MacBook Pro today and dropped the entry-level price to $2499 from $2799. The new entry-level 17" MacBook Pro offers 2.8 GHz processor and a 500 GB hard drive. The new 17" model also retains the ExpressCard slot and begins shipping today.

[h3]Apple Releases Safari 4 for Mac and Windows[/h3]
Monday June 08, 2009 03:54 PM EST
Written by Eric Slivka

topicnews2.gif

Apple today announced the official launch of its Safari 4 browser for OS X and Windows. Safari 4, which has been available as a public beta since February, delivers a number of enhancements to Apple's browser offering.
Apple today released Safari 4, the world's fastest and most innovative web browser. Available for Mac and Windows PCs and introduced as a beta in February of this year, Safari 4 features the Nitro engine which runs JavaScript up to 4.5 times faster than Safari 3. Safari 4 makes browsing more intuitive and enjoyable with innovative features, such as Top Sites, Full History Search and Cover Flow, and support for modern web standards like HTML 5 and advanced CSS Effects.

"The successful beta release helped us fine tune Safari 4 into an even better, faster version that customers are going to love," said Philip Schiller, Apple's senior vice president of Worldwide Product Marketing. "Safari is enjoyed by 70 million users worldwide and with its blazing fast speed, innovative features and support for modern web standards, it's the best browser on any platform."
Safari 4 may be downloaded at Apple's site.

pimp.gif

[h3]Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard Shipping in September: $29 for Leopard Users[/h3]
Monday June 08, 2009 04:01 PM EST
Written by Eric Slivka
155024-snow_leopard.jpg
Apple today announced that Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard will launch in September and will be priced at only $29 for current OS X 10.5 Leopard users. Alternatively, a $49 family pack will also be available. Meanwhile, Tiger users with Intel machines will be able to purchase a Mac Box Set containing Snow Leopard, iLife '09, and iWork '09 for $169 for a single license or $229 for a family pack.
"We've built on the success of Leopard and created an even better experience for our users from installation to shutdown," said Bertrand Serlet, Apple's senior vice president of Software Engineering. "Apple engineers have made hundreds of improvements so with Snow Leopard your system is going to feel faster, more responsive and even more reliable than before."
Apple offered a preview of Snow Leopard at today's Worldwide Developers Conference keynote, highlighting many of the next-generation operating system's features. Apple touted a streamlined installation process (45% faster and 6 GB smaller) and speed improvements for a number of applications including Mail, Safari 4, and Spotlight. Snow Leopard also brings support for Microsoft Exchange Server to Mail, iCal, and Address Book.

Finally, Apple promoted Snow Leopard's ability to use Grand Central Dispatch and OpenCL standards to allow applications to more fully harness the power of multi-core processors and to take advantage of graphics processing power for general purpose computing.

Apple also announced the launch of Mac OS X Server Snow Leopard, scheduled for release in September at a price of $499, including unlimited client licenses on Mac, Windows, and Linux.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Yeah. I'm having some dumb moments here. I need to know everything I have to do to change my dock using Leopard. I just got it a day or so ago, so I'mstill getting used to it. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Question bout candybar...

i just saw on the top right that i have 10 days left for the trial to end....my question is when the trial ends, will my icons, that i changed, go back to theway it was?

Back
Top Bottom