The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

Food4Thgt said:

Originally Posted by TheGoogler

Wondering if I should upgrade to Snow Leopard. Is it worth it?

It's worth it alone for the added disc space. Snow Leopard isnt so much of an upgrade as it is an enhancement. It kinda just perfects what Leopard already brought to the table.
added disc space?

hard drive disc. Snow Leopard takes up only about 6GBs of space, as opposed to 12-15GBs for Leopard.
it isn't that you're getting more space, it's that they are configuring HD space in a different way.

Originally Posted by mrfantastic21

Is anyone else waiting for the MacBook refresh?
I am. I have an iMac and I highly doubt I would purchase a refresh...The only reason I believe I would wait for a refresh is for the current models to be sold at a cheaper price.

smh why is my macbook air playing videos so slow?...what files do i need to download?..

What are you talking about what files do you need to download?!

^ I have been holding off for the upgraded MacBooks and I can't wait any longer. I really need a new laptop for school.

Spring semester is about half way through, trust that the wait will be worth it.
i just got my macbook pro in the mail, can anyone show me where to find info on how to

customize the dock pls.

Also, are there any pros or cons to putting the "speck" or "incase" shells. i wanted to "sticker bomb" the back, but would rather onto the shell

thanks in advance.
Reading this thread and Google is where you can find your answers. Just read a couple pages back and there should be someone who has asked about the dock change and etc.

Should I wait for the upgraded MacBook Pros or buy the current model? I only will use it for safari, iTunes and iPhoto.

if you want the best for your money, wait. i wouldnt buy a current gen model unless i absolutely needed a computer and couldn't get by any other way. They should be coming out anytime now
pimp.gif

My MacBook from '06 is DUNZO
frown.gif

Just in time
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

I hate how Apple refuses to give release dates though.
smh.gif

^ I have been holding off for the upgraded MacBooks and I can't wait any longer. I really need a new laptop for school.
if you need a laptop THAT bad, then I'd say just pull the trigger and grab it...it's a stunning laptop and based on what you've listed as what you would use it for, the current MBP should be MORE than adequate to suit your needs

I'm finally giving in and going to the apple store today to purchase a MacBook Pro. I have been waiting for over three months for the refresh to happen. It went from any day there going to coming out to a refresh in June. The wait is finally over today!!

I'm finally giving in and going to the apple store today to purchase a MacBook Pro. I have been waiting for over three months for the refresh to happen. It went from any day there going to coming out to a refresh in June. The wait is finally over today!!

sorry to hear that

laugh.gif
pimp.gif
good to hear!  let us know what you think and if you need any help

Originally Posted by bakedFresh707

Also, are there any pros or cons to putting the "speck" or "incase" shells. i wanted to "sticker bomb" the back, but would rather onto the shell

thanks in advance.
I sticker bombed the Incase shell of my MBP which I don't use anymore. No cons. The hard case will not scratch up your Mac if that is what your worried about.

Incase shell >>> Speck

Originally Posted by kien

laugh.gif
pimp.gif
good to hear!  let us know what you think and if you need any help
You're in for a surprise Tuesday!
tongue.gif

I've got a question.

Just looking at some of the specs it looks like the macbook and basic macbook pro (by basic I mean the 1200 dollar one) have the same hard drive memory and what not. Whats the benefit of the macbook pro if you just compare the two?

^TmAk15 I have been hearing any Tuesday for the past 3 months. It's not dropping this tuesday.

Originally Posted by basketball749

I've got a question.

Just looking at some of the specs it looks like the macbook and basic macbook pro (by basic I mean the 1200 dollar one) have the same hard drive memory and what not. Whats the benefit of the macbook pro if you just compare the two?
Firewire, Aluminum uni-body. backlit keyboard. I'd go with the pro.  ALuminum body alone would have led me to buy that.

^ I can't. My current computer died on me and I need one for school. I just purchased a MacBook Pro today and I'm happy with my purchase. I would rather have a refresh MacBook Pro but my grades for school are more important to me.

I have the newest MBP and for some reason, my computer has trouble with internet from a wired connection. I also get alot of limited or no connectivity issues with wireless connections.. does anyone know what the problem could be?

Also Apple just released iPad, updated iMac - rumor has it macpro tower - i-7 core - is anytime soon (maybe tomorrow)

i usually check out: http://www.macrumors.com/ or appleinsider.com for the latest updates - they also have buyer guides - my guess is June the latest for MBP (hopefully sooner)

for all the rainlendar users. i have dwnloaded "rainlendar", and want to use different skins. i cant get the skins to upload tho.
im pretty sure that i have to unzip the files. i have dwnloaded "stuffit expander" as well. when i drop the skins too unzip the files
nothing happens.

can anybody shed some light?? any help would be appreciated. thanks in advance

Back
Top Bottom