The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

This is really good news to hear and I hop it pans out. An immediate spec change on devices would be great as well, I am shifting my laptop usage to be mac air based so I want to get one soon.

Bloomberg reported last week that Intel and NVIDIA are in talks aimed at settling the legal dispute between the companies. The legal issues which began late last year resulted in NVIDIA exiting the chipset business pending a resolution of the disagreement. 

The details of the settlement were not revealed but a resolution could be good news for Apple, as pointed out byArsTechnica

Apple had adopted NVIDIA's chipsets to power its MacBook and MacBook Pro line in late 2008 providing their laptop line a boost in integrated graphics performance. The licensing dispute, however, prevented NVIDIA from supplying the next generation chipsets for Intel's Nehalem processors. This restriction most likely affected Apple's decision not to use the new Nehalem/Arrandale chips in the new MacBook Airs and the 13" MacBooks.
However, the licensing dispute meant that Apple couldn't upgrade the processors in some of its most portable machines, including the 13" MacBook models and its ultraportable MacBook Air, without giving up the benefit of the graphics boost from NVIDIA's integrated graphics. This, in turn, has left Apple to continue using Core 2 Duo processors - based on a decidedly outdated architecture - paired with an updated NVIDIA 320M controller. Despite the fact the final product offers good performance, the use of the positively ancient Core 2 Duo still looks bad for a company that markets premium products and demands a premium price.
Essentially, when given the choice between a faster processor vs faster integrated graphics in its price and space constrained machines, Apple opted for faster video performance.

If Intel and NVIDIA are able to come to terms and NVIDIA is able to provide next generation chipsets, Apple may be able to offer both the latest Intel CPUs and NVIDIA integrated graphics chips across all their machines.
Source - Macrumors
http://www.macrumors.com/2010/12/06...ost-macbook-and-macbook-air-processor-speeds/

my 27 inch imac was delivered to me at work today! got it all set up. put some led strip lighting on my glass desk, looks pretty official. will post pics tomorrow.

great way to end the year!

Originally Posted by stillmaticshay

my 27 inch imac was delivered to me at work today! got it all set up. put some led strip lighting on my glass desk, looks pretty official. will post pics tomorrow.

great way to end the year!
nerd.gif
 I'd like to see this.  

Originally Posted by SaNTi0321

Originally Posted by EightysBaby

Originally Posted by SaNTi0321

Originally Posted by EightysBaby

Is there any other programs besides Senuti that copies songs from an itouch to your computer? Senuti only lets you copy 1000 songs from my itouch and I got more then that.
No. GO AWAY 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Get back to the stock room.
F FL

I say we go back and get our jobs back
roll.gif

Feb 1: iPhone goes to Verizon
June 4: iPhone 5

Heard this tonight from a reliable source that is close to the situation.

just put in my order for the 27" imac today...shipped same day but fedex says 1 week to ship...does it usually take less than that? i'm in ny

also i can't wait! indeed a good way to end the year

How do you change icons on the iPhone 4? Is it possible?

Also can the iPhone 4 play any movies besides .mp4? Or are there any good programs to change .avi files to .mp4 files?

Originally Posted by Streetballer23

How do you change icons on the iPhone 4? Is it possible?

Also can the iPhone 4 play any movies besides .mp4? Or are there any good programs to change .avi files to .mp4 files?
Wrong thread haha. USe the iPhone thread next time.
To change icons, you have to jailbreak your phone and use winterboard. If you want to play other video files, download the VLC Player app in the app store and add the files via iTunes

is there a way to make the mac ad free? i use google chrome btw is there a ad blocker ( i mean the ads like on niketalk or websites not popups)

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

is there a way to make the mac ad free? i use google chrome btw is there a ad blocker ( i mean the ads like on niketalk or websites not popups)

Sites make sure you see those ads there's no way to block em unless you want to block the whole site completely.
They are embed in the webscript I think.
I'm not all too familiar so I might be wrong.

hmm i got a android phone rooted and theres a ad free app...when the site loads up the ads dont

just sometimes like on nt the videos start playing by themselves

everytime i try to watch online videos that use divx it wont let me. anyone know how to fix it. i use safari and i downloaded divx

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

https://chrome.google.com...obklfepjocnamgkkbiglidom
Ad-Block for Google Chrome
I run with adthwart (https://chrome.google.com...hnklbpkdaibdccddilifddb)
I tried both and I think adthwart is better. 

Edit-

And it looks like Adthwart will become the official ad-blocker for Chrome 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by durty pancakes

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

https://chrome.google.com...obklfepjocnamgkkbiglidom
Ad-Block for Google Chrome
I run with adthwart (https://chrome.google.com...hnklbpkdaibdccddilifddb)
I tried both and I think adthwart is better. 

Edit-

And it looks like Adthwart will become the official ad-blocker for Chrome 
pimp.gif

word? i use ad-thwart too..i just linked him to the first one that popped up 
03e15cef99a12ee6bbd03219196dd61dd9b05d1.gif

Back
Top Bottom