The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

Originally Posted by ggarvinXX3

NEED HELP !!!!!

Ok, first off just got my mbp 13 love in it so far
pimp.gif

first mac computer i just have a question how can i import my itunes library from my pc to my mac???

i've looked every where on google but i cant find a clear answer i also have apps n contacts with my iphone 4 how do i sync every thing to my mac (for free of course
nerd.gif
)

i really need help cuz this is the one thing thats pissin me off
mad.gif
plz NT

You can import your music from your iphone to your mac with Senuti.

With the apps, right click on your iphone on the left hand side of itunes and click on 'Transfer Purchases'.

With the rest, contacts etc., a simple sync should transfer it to your mac.

Just hit up a dude on craigslist about a 2011 MacBook pro and he said he's selling it for $1050. Sounds to good to be true. He also said he's a wholeseller who sells them all around the world. How sketchy does this sound? I'm going to go check it out though

who has apple tv? theres no thread on it so im gonna ask here

whats the benefits of jailbreaking? i got one and the firmware is still 4.1.1 should i update before jailbreaking?

itunes home sharing is
pimp.gif

Is there a big difference between the i7, i5 and i3 processors?

I'm looking to cop a 27' 1tb iMac. I know the pricing diff is about $200 ea. level.

Ok I'm typing from my brand new MBP 13in. this is the greatest investion (invention/investment) ever.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

So how the %%$@ do I use this thing lol jk

Originally Posted by FEELLEAL

The apple tv is cool, but mine continues having problems streaming netflix.
frown.gif
like what? i have mine connected far from my wifi running dsl 1.5 
30t6p3b.gif
 and it loads a tv show on 1 buff 
but i updated last night for the mlb and nba tv and havnt tried it since 

Originally Posted by MasterMeatwad

Is there a big difference between the i7, i5 and i3 processors?

I'm looking to cop a 27' 1tb iMac. I know the pricing diff is about $200 ea. level.
There is a big difference, if you use all the processors. If you can afford the extra $200 then go ahead and be greedy and get the i7. A lot more programs will begin using Quad-core power soon, so if you have the i7 now, you will be fine. Plus, you have plenty of power if you plan doing photo or video...Since you are planning on purchasing the 27", you will be happy with it. I have the first gen 27" iMac and even though it's still Core 2 Duo...I love it and it's already powerful enough for me and photo editing.

Originally Posted by LeroyTheGreat38

2 questions:  Does Apple offer the student discount in stores?  Does Best Buy offer a student discount at all?

Yes.
I went to the apple store, asked about the discount, its the exact same discount you're getting online. Walked out the store without ever showing proof of being a student(if it matters)

Yes(supposedly)
My girl hit me up after i bought my mac at apple and told me "oh i forgot we do have a student discount, its the same as apples"

Originally Posted by best hands in the game

Originally Posted by LeroyTheGreat38

2 questions:  Does Apple offer the student discount in stores?  Does Best Buy offer a student discount at all?

Yes.
I went to the apple store, asked about the discount, its the exact same discount you're getting online. Walked out the store without ever showing proof of being a student(if it matters)

Yes(supposedly)
My girl hit me up after i bought my mac at apple and told me "oh i forgot we do have a student discount, its the same as apples"

Thanks, I got a best buy gift card so I was hoping to use it on the MacBook Pro. It's only $25 but every little bit helps.

Does anyone have a working solution for the overheating problem with the MacBook Pro.. my Mac just randomly shuts off at times.. Any apps/programs that will help the processor slow down?

Thanks..

Originally Posted by DC Piper

Does anyone have a working solution for the overheating problem with the MacBook Pro.. my Mac just randomly shuts off at times.. Any apps/programs that will help the processor slow down?

Thanks..
What apps are you running and what are your specs? Do you have a lot of widgets or customized stuff running in the background? Best thing to do is take to the Apple Store and see what they say.

Originally Posted by Food4Thgt

In this video it says if you did it the "hard" way to restore it...But how do I do that ?

I believe the way I did it was to remove files from a folder and replace them with new ones.... Am I just out of luck ??
ohwell.gif

shoot me a PM. Not sure which part youre talking about

Hey everyone:

I just purchased an iPod Classic 160 GB yesterday. Is there anyway to tell if it is the latest generation?

Thanks.

PO

Originally Posted by PO2345

Hey everyone:

I just purchased an iPod Classic 160 GB yesterday. Is there anyway to tell if it is the latest generation?

Thanks.

PO

Open up iTunes with your iPod plugged in and check for updates.

Back
Top Bottom