The Official Metal Gear Solid 4 Thread Vol. Snake's Last Hurrah | It's Out | Don't Post Spoilers!

[h1]http://kotaku.com/5014153/buy-mgs4-get-this-mgs4shopping-bag[/h1]
[h1]Buy MGS4, Get This MGS4...Shopping Bag?[/h1]
mgsbag.jpg
Your first thoughts may be that the Metal Gear Solid 4 marketing juggernaut maaaay have gone a step too far this time. The offer? Buy a gunmetal or regular MGS4 bundle in Japan and (while stocks last!) you get this...bag. It's one of those cotton, canvas-y type bags that you all should be using to throw your groceries in instead of plastic bags. Which may sound boring, but seeing as it's big enough to hold a PS3 box in, it's also mighty practical! After all, most gaming trinkets are just junk to clutter your shelves with. It's nice seeing one you can not only use on a day-to-day basis, but is environmentally conscious to boot!

if you cop one from japan, do you get this awesome bag?

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Posting this for my boy Jhawkcuse who is still viewing NT on the sidelines,
grin.gif

MGS4 2006 Trailer vs. 2008 Trailer

Speechless...

Would anymore happen to know the name of that song?...

Anyone know any info on the young snake??? I seen videos of a young snake for MGS4..
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
Also..for those who read the spoilers..without givin anythinout..will there be any true jaw dropping secrects revealed or anything like that??..yes or no please...

Does anybody know if Gamestop is doing some kinda deal?? Like bring in x amount of ps3 games and get mgs4 for __? Kinda broke but I need to cop.

Originally Posted by zyzybalubah1

Does anybody know if Gamestop is doing some kinda deal?? Like bring in x amount of ps3 games and get mgs4 for __? Kinda broke but I need to cop.
I think you missed it. Up until yesterday, they were giving an extra 20% credit on trade-ins towards MGS4. I missed it too, but luckily I have a gripof DS games I never play anymore. Hittin' up GS on my lunch break to finally pay my reserve off. I'm PUMPED for Thursday, and more importantly thisweekend. Work all day Friday FTL.

Originally Posted by DownyBoy

anyone care to clue me in on why the mgs4 bundle is so coveted? thanks
pretty sure it's mostly backwards compatiable

the deal is really really a great price

think about it, you are getting MGS4 for free

Originally Posted by MarTdiZzle23

anyone heard whether Kojima will be in NYC Times Square or LA at launch for autographs. If he will be at times Square I def might hit it up I want him to sign my original copy of MGS and if I get it in time my LE copy of MGS4

Yes, I have heard about it, but I live in cali, so no go for me. Here is the poster,

virgin-mgs4.jpg

pimp.gif

i will most likely go to this event. kojima is the man

anyone else in the NYC area thinking of going???

Originally Posted by DownyBoy

anyone care to clue me in on why the mgs4 bundle is so coveted? thanks

right now the only available ps3 system is the 40 gb. it does not have backwards compatibility and less slots of usb and no media bay

the previous 80 gb has been cancelled

theres 3 different kind of mgs4 bundle thats coming out... look at the first page for more info

basically the new 80 gb version comes with the mgs4 game AND a dual shock 3 controller
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

that reminds me... i might as well cop a ds3 with the game on thurs. my og sixaxis has been crapping out on me. imo the sixaxis controller was very cheaplyproduced. feel very flimsy compared to the dual shock 2 of the ps2

question... for those who already have it, is the ds3 controller durable and have better quality than the sixaxis? i dont wanna be playing games like cod4and the analog stick getting stuck on one direction.

Originally Posted by areyouin729

i'm feeling very sick this Thursday

Damn, you as well? Looks like it's catching on through out,
laugh.gif

A net-wide virus that really gets people sick¿ It's crazy I haven't heard about this on the news...

I have it too...
embarassed.gif
sick.gif
*cough*

It's sad cuz I just paid it off and everything. What am I gonna do all Thursday¿
wink.gif

I need your opinions NT:

- Should I buy the 40gb now for $299 (essentially that cause at Wal-Mart they're giving out $100 gift cards for buying any Blu-Ray player)
- Or should I buy the 80gb MGS4 bundle for $499 (it seems that Wal-Mart isn't giving out GCs for some reason...corporate said so)

Basically: Is the bundle worth $200 more than the 40gb?

PS. There are rumors of firmware upgrades in the future for 40gb systems to make them backwards compatible for PS2...but of course they're just rumors.

Originally Posted by NCTwin

laugh.gif

A net-wide virus that really gets people sick¿ It's crazy I haven't heard about this on the news...

I have it too...
embarassed.gif
sick.gif
*cough*

It's sad cuz I just paid it off and everything. What am I gonna do all Thursday¿
wink.gif
laugh.gif
yall _s done caught FoxDie an +%%

ay NT I have a dilemma. I don't really have a desire to have a PS3 except to play this game. Are there places that rent out PS3s? Like for just a monthuntil I beat this (probably be only a week)? This is the only game coming out on PS3 that won't be out on 360 that I'm really looking out for. Imight just buy it thursday and see if I can get someone to let me hold theirs for a little while.

Originally Posted by Purple Face

[table][tr][td]
on_line.gif
Null Snake[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]

[/td] [/tr][/table]
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

<3
Originally Posted by Battousai7o1

anyone heard whether Kojima will be in NYC Times Square or LA at launch for autographs. If he will be at times Square I def might hit it up I want him to sign my original copy of MGS and if I get it in time my LE copy of MGS4

Yes, I have heard about it, but I live in cali, so no go for me. Here is the poster,

virgin-mgs4.jpg

pimp.gif

i will most likely go to this event. kojima is the man

anyone else in the NYC area thinking of going???

I wish I was in the NYC at that time
frown.gif

From PSU:
[h2]Metal Gear Solid 4 infamous install times revealed[/h2]
Konami has tried to keep everyone tight-lipped on their install times for Metal Gear Solid 4, however with the street date being cast aside by some retailers, the details have emerged as expected. While most are definitely tired of the standard mandatory installs that games of this generation have brought forth, MGS4 seems like one of the only titles fans won't be complaining about.

A source from the popular internet forum, neoGAF, is reporting that the total install size is set at roughly 4.6GBs of data.

This install amount takes place as the game progresses from the time you load the disk up, to just before each act of the game. We've included the specific install times below for each segment of the title.

Start-up: 8 Minutes
Act 2: 3 Minutes
Act 3: 3 Minutes
Act 4: 2 Minutes
Act 5: 1 Minute

Unlike games before it, MGS4 won't just have you sitting idly by while watching a small percentage bar inch across the screen. Instead, you'll be treated to conversations between characters to help pass the time and make each install seem effortless and not so mandatory despite it being so.

With only 3 days left, we're sure more information will creep up, so PSU will do its best to bring you specific news that won't spoil any of the game itself for our readers without proper warning first.

Originally Posted by Fantastic4our

Originally Posted by NCTwin

laugh.gif

I have it too...
embarassed.gif
sick.gif
*cough*

wink.gif
laugh.gif
yall _s done caught FoxDie an +%%

ay NT I have a dilemma. I don't really have a desire to have a PS3 except to play this game. Are there places that rent out PS3s? Like for just a month until I beat this (probably be only a week)? This is the only game coming out on PS3 that won't be out on 360 that I'm really looking out for. I might just buy it thursday and see if I can get someone to let me hold theirs for a little while.
Blockbuster around my way does. I think it is somewhere in the neighbourhood of $50 a month?

Originally Posted by jackiechizzan

I need your opinions NT:

- Should I buy the 40gb now for $299 (essentially that cause at Wal-Mart they're giving out $100 gift cards for buying any Blu-Ray player)
- Or should I buy the 80gb MGS4 bundle for $499 (it seems that Wal-Mart isn't giving out GCs for some reason...corporate said so)

PS. There are rumors of firmware upgrades in the future for 40gb systems to make them backwards compatible for PS2...but of course they're just rumors.

Is the $100 gift card instant or is it a mail-in type deal?

Originally Posted by jackiechizzan

I need your opinions NT:

If it was me, I'd just go ahead and pony up the cash for the 80gb joint. I mean, the game already comes with it AND you get a DS3--two things thatyou'd already buy anyways. Add to that the extra 40gb AND backwards compatibility, and you have a no-brainer, IMO. Unless of course you're strappedfor cash.

And scratch what I said earlier about Gamestop and the extra 20% trade-in value towards MGS4. I just hit them up a few hours ago and it still worked. I'mall paid up and anxiously waiting for Thursday after work. Playing all night = me catching a mysterious 24 hour bug on Friday.

Time for me to catch up on my Metal Gear Solid history, I've beat MGS for the PSX numerous times, but never beat MGS2. So....

2w7on80.jpg

And... YES, I got it to work with windows VISTA 32bit!
wink.gif

Originally Posted by zyzybalubah1

i'm pretty sure they'll let you do that but just exactly how much you get off depends on the game (if it's a new release or not) i did this toget my gta4 traded 3 ps2 games and got like 8-10 bucks off

Back
Top Bottom