The Official Metal Gear Solid 4 Thread Vol. Snake's Last Hurrah | It's Out | Don't Post Spoilers!

No one go into the IGN forums for MGS4. That place is spoiler city. I think I might've gotten spoiled when I read through one of the titles of the Post.Lol. Damn it.

countdown2.jpg

^^ Hey Boost...do you have that picture enlarged to wallpaper size...without the "2 days" on it?

also...
No one go into the IGN forums for MGS4. That place is spoiler city. I think I might've gotten spoiled when I read through one of the titles of the Post.

Thanks krazyq. Good look on the heads up.

Originally Posted by Null Snake

[table][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td][/td] [/tr][tr][td][/td] [/tr][/table]

Originally Posted by Battousai7o1

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Originally Posted by MarTdiZzle23

anyone heard whether Kojima will be in NYC Times Square or LA at launch for autographs. If he will be at times Square I def might hit it up I want him to sign my original copy of MGS and if I get it in time my LE copy of MGS4

Yes, I have heard about it, but I live in cali, so no go for me. Here is the poster,

virgin-mgs4.jpg

pimp.gif

i will most likely go to this event. kojima is the man

anyone else in the NYC area thinking of going???

I wish I was in the NYC at that time
frown.gif

I just changed plans I'm gonna go to the autograph signing the next day so I could get my LE and Original Copies signed(1,2,3) cuz rumor has it he willonly sign the copy you buy at the Virgin Megastore at launch.

If anyone is interested on this

Via Kotaku
"New York: On Thursday, Hideo Kojima will be signing autographs for the first 300 (cue Internet memes) through the door at the debut ofUNIQLO's limited edition Metal Gear Solid 4 shirts. He will also be joined byYumi Kikuchi, who portrays Raging Raven in the game. The site is UNIQLO USA's Global Flagship Store, 546 Broadway in Manhattan, 5 to 7 p.m. on ThursdayJune 12. Autographs are first-come, first-served. If you miss the signature, of course you can buy one of the T-shirts, which is the whole point of theevent."

I'm hoping my spot is open at midnight on Wednesday so I can pick it up. Not going to call in sick like a few of you.... but the beauty of setting your ownhours is SO under-rated...
wink.gif

[table][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]

anyone heard whether Kojima will be in NYC Times Square or LA at launch for autographs. If he will be at times Square I def might hit it up I want him to sign my original copy of MGS and if I get it in time my LE copy of MGS4

Yes, I have heard about it, but I live in cali, so no go for me. Here is the poster,

virgin-mgs4.jpg

pimp.gif

frown.gif

I just changed plans I'm gonna go to the autograph signing the next day so I could get my LE and Original Copies signed(1,2,3) cuz rumor has it he will only sign the copy you buy at the Virgin Megastore at launch.

Via Kotaku
"New York: On Thursday, Hideo Kojima will be signing autographs for the first 300 (cue Internet memes) through the door at the debut of UNIQLO's limited edition Metal Gear Solid 4 shirts. He will also be joined by Yumi Kikuchi, who portrays Raging Raven in the game. The site is UNIQLO USA's Global Flagship Store, 546 Broadway in Manhattan, 5 to 7 p.m. on Thursday June 12. Autographs are first-come, first-served. If you miss the signature, of course you can buy one of the T-shirts, which is the whole point of the event."

dang NYC is getting busy!

so we got virgin megastore signing @ midnight

then another one during the afternoon @ uniqlo

i have never camped out for shoes at all but i just might go to all these events

[table][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]

virgin-mgs4.jpg

pimp.gif

frown.gif

I just changed plans I'm gonna go to the autograph signing the next day so I could get my LE and Original Copies signed(1,2,3) cuz rumor has it he will only sign the copy you buy at the Virgin Megastore at launch.

Via Kotaku
"New York: On Thursday, Hideo Kojima will be signing autographs for the first 300 (cue Internet memes) through the door at the debut of UNIQLO's limited edition Metal Gear Solid 4 shirts. He will also be joined by Yumi Kikuchi, who portrays Raging Raven in the game. The site is UNIQLO USA's Global Flagship Store, 546 Broadway in Manhattan, 5 to 7 p.m. on Thursday June 12. Autographs are first-come, first-served. If you miss the signature, of course you can buy one of the T-shirts, which is the whole point of the event."

dang NYC is getting busy!

so we got virgin megastore signing @ midnight

then another one during the afternoon @ uniqlo

i have never camped out for shoes at all but i just might go to all these events

my cousin said he may go to start camping at Uniqlo for me tomorrow since I have classes and work

I pray there isn't a line from then

I wish Kojima-san would've given ATL some love...
frown.gif

If I knew some of you guys were going, I would've overnighted my copy of MGS 1, 2, and 3 over to get signed...
laugh.gif

Oh well...back to the news:

From theangrypixel.com:
Beauty Behind the Beast: The Foxy Four of MGS4
http://www.n4g.com/tips.aspx?url=ht...eauty Behind the Beast: The Foxy Four of MGS4
beauty-and-the-beast.jpg
Four beautiful women gathered from around the world. Each one has been mentally violated by the horror of war. As their sole means of survival, they are modified into the ultimate bio-mechanical arsenal: The Beauty and the Beast Corps. Can Solid Snake finally uncover their humanity and rescue them from their lucid nightmares? Or will they simply be another notch or four on the casualty list?
Director Hideo Kojima's vision, a physical beast on the outside and a woman's beauty on the inside, has finally been realized with the approaching release of Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots. Two voice actors were provided for each boss in the English voices department, one providing the beast's voice, the second portraying the human voice and both voices subsequently over-lapped to further the personality divide. The high-grade production values don't stop there. Kojima commissioned four real-life beauties and used advanced modeling and digital photography techniques to have them provide the framework, so to speak, for the feral four.

We know some of the powers displayed by each beastly beauty, and the references to famous and infamous Metal Gear Solid bosses and Snake Eater pathos. What of the beauty beneath the beast? Let's take a closer look at the models who have gamers head-over-heels in love with their rampant murder mixed with a dash of stylish mangling and post-traumatic stress echoing in their desensitized mechanical hearts.

Mieko Rye
Date of Birth: July 11, 1975
Birth Place: Brooklyn, New York, USA
Height: 5′ 6" (167.5 cm)
Character Modeled for: Raging Raven

Her face says "Don't mess", but Maxim Swimsuit celebrity Mieko Rye swoons over a gentleman (hope you're taking notes). Her svelte, amazon-like body, curly auburn locks and dusky complexion all team together and work wonders for this Brazilian beauty.

Unlike the other women, Mieko is more of an out-and-out model, who's done advertisements for Jockey, Macy's and Nike, all big-time American brands. She hit the road to fame when she modeled for Maxim in 2006 for a wet-wet-wet photo-spread that's said to have slain many a good man.

Scarlett Chorvat
Date of Birth: September 14, 1975
Birth Place: Bratislava, Slovakia
Character Modeled for: Screaming Mantis

Named after the wistful Scarlett O'Hara of Gone with the Wind fame, Scarlett Chorvat (pronounced as 'Shorevaht') arrived in the United States at the age of 5 and quickly established herself in semi-professional tennis.

Upon being discovered, she went on to work in advertisements for Michelob Beer and Crest Whitestrips before being crowned Miss Hawaiian Tropic. Scarlett's career really began to pick up in 2000 when she was hand-picked by famed Hollywood producer Joel Silver to star as Becca Shaw in the UPN science fiction TV show Freedom.

In the past several years, she's made a name for herself by appearing in several critically acclaimed shows such as 24, Entourage, Boston Legal and Nip/Tuck, besides acting in comedies Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story and Buying the Cow and serious ventures Bull Run and Broken. She is currently on set working for The Perfect Sleep, an action/drama/thriller directed by Jeremy Alter.

She still plays tennis, most times for charity, and is an avid snowboarder. Guitar Hero fans take note: Scarlett loves to play the guitar. Million dollar, Mary-Jane Watson-esque smile, moonlit gray eyes, girl-next-door looks, supreme shredder and can do a 180-degree spin on a half-pike? Consider our nerd senses fried and our hearts a-flutter.

Lyndall Jarvis

Birth Place: Houtbay, Cape Town, South Africa
Height: 5′ 9" (175 cm)
Character Modeled for: Crying Wolf

Arguably one of the more mysterious hotties in the modeling world, her sky-blue eyes and pure blonde hair make her instantly recognizable, almost in an other-worldly way.

Her first major assignment came in December 2004 when she appeared on the cover of Blunt magazine. Her mother agency is Outlaws Models Agency located in Cape Town, South Africa, but she has since been recognized by NEXT Model Management, a large multi-national modeling conglomerate with head-quarters in cities like New York and Paris, to name a few. She's currently based in Los Angeles but returns home regularly.

Jarvis has promoted several brands such Levi's, Must Be, Guess and Bebe since her modeling debut, the latter two for which she currently has contracts with. Not much more can be said about Jarvis - this goddess amongst winter angels hasn't even revealed her age (not that her age is showing even one bit).

However, besides her three sizes rounding out at 34-24-34 and slim size 4 figure towering over the other girls, the ever-smoky effect of her eyes denote both her seductiveness and chastity at ease with a confidence that comes naturally.

Yumi Kikuchi

Date of Birth: March 15, 1974
Birth Place: New York, USA
Height: 5′ 3" (160 cm)
Character Modeled for: Laughing Octopus

What would an MGS game be without a woman of Asian descent? In Yumi-chan's case, she's been the colonel to General Kojima's aggressive promotion campaign, accompanying him whenever possible to every Japanese and stateside promotion. She has her own blog through which she's been detailing their escapades together and confesses that she'd like nothing more than for Kojima to get the success he deserves.

Before MGS4, Yumi has been the favorite of Japanese action-movie director Ryuhei Kitamura's epics, starring in the stylish sword-fights of Longinus and Sky-High. She also starred in Godzilla: Final Wars (yes, they still make those movies).

Her one defining strength, for which she scored over the other four women, is her voice. Anime like Refrain Blue, the Mahoromatic franchise, This Ugly Yet Beautiful World and Comic Party each feature the voice talents of Kikuchi, and she also has experience in radio for Tokyo FM (Kansai Radio).

No doubt this would be the reason for Hideo Kojima's weekly internet broadcast Hidechan! Radio being hosted by Yumi, along with his casting of her as the Japanese voice for Raging Raven. But in the ultimate homage to his trusted partner, Kojima literally made Yumi the face of the returning Naomi Hunter - every original feature of Hunter's, from the deep brown eyes to the pert nose and fleshed out lips, has been modeled after her.

Cuteness has several degrees but when it's on an all-woman body like Yumi Kikuchi's, you know you're gonna love demolishing this war economy. Did we mention she's a qualified kindergarten teacher?

I figured I might as well post this in here too since not too many people check the PS3 thread...

From gamerush.zoomshare.com:

[table][tr][td][font=verdana,geneva]Rumor: Metal Gear 3: Revolver Ocelot to be unveiled at E3[/font][/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Supposed upcoming PSP title[/font]
[/td] [/tr][/table]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][/font][/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]With the release of MetalGear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots upon us, speculation surfaces this morning that Konami may be ready to unveil a new Metal Gear title for the PlayStationPortable (PSP) at this year's E3.[/font][/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]The rumor comes from Russiansite StarSniper,which was down at the time of this writing. However, a member on the PlayStation.com forums dropped some information about the supposed upcoming PSPtitle.[/font][/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]"The game is titledMetal Gear 3: Revolver Ocelot and it takes place between MGS: Portable Ops and Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake. It will feature some scenes from the original MetalGear."[/font][/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]"The game uses arecruitment system similar to MGS:tongue:O and the main character is Revolver Ocelot, looking similar to both MGS3 and MGS1. Big Boss is not a playable character,but appears sometimes during the cut scenes supervising the construction of outer heaven."[/font][/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]More details will reportedlybe revealed at E3.[/font][/font]

My co-worker who pre-ordered the limited edition game at gamestop said they called him and said that he can pick up his copy tomorrow. were in so-cal if thatmatters.

Originally Posted by akf0dy7

My co-worker who pre-ordered the limited edition game at gamestop said they called him and said that he can pick up his copy tomorrow. were in so-cal if that matters.

if this is not about the midnight release I would request more details

Originally Posted by NCTwin

I figured I might as well post this in here too since not too many people check the PS3 thread...

[table][tr][td][font=verdana,geneva]Rumor: Metal Gear 3: Revolver Ocelot to be unveiled at E3[/font][/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][/font][/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]With the release of Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots upon us, speculation surfaces this morning that Konami may be ready to unveil a new Metal Gear title for the PlayStation Portable (PSP) at this year's E3.[/font][/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]The rumor comes from Russian site StarSniper, which was down at the time of this writing. However, a member on the PlayStation.com forums dropped some information about the supposed upcoming PSP title.[/font][/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]"The game is titled Metal Gear 3: Revolver Ocelot and it takes place between MGS: Portable Ops and Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake. It will feature some scenes from the original Metal Gear."[/font][/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]"The game uses a recruitment system similar to MGS:tongue:O and the main character is Revolver Ocelot, looking similar to both MGS3 and MGS1. Big Boss is not a playable character, but appears sometimes during the cut scenes supervising the construction of outer heaven."[/font][/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]More details will reportedly be revealed at E3.[/font][/font]
Metal Gear 3: Revolver Ocelot confirmed fake

Wish we made it
By Josh Ward, GameRush Entertainment

Contact us | Go to all news
Posted June 10, 2008

It looks like Metal Gear 3: Revolver Ocelot won't be seeing the light of day after all.

The rumored PSP title was said to be coming with an announcement by Konami at this year's E3, but Ryan Payton, Assistant Producer at Kojima Productions,says it doesn't exist.

"Sounds cool. Wish we made it," he wrote in a post at [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]NeoGAF.

Also to those who don't care about spoilers and want a taste of the game...
http://www.*********/thesnakesoup

[/font][/font]

[/td] [/tr][/table]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]With the release of Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots upon us, speculation surfaces this morning that Konami may be ready to unveil a new Metal Gear title for the PlayStation Portable (PSP) at this year's E3.[/font][/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]The rumor comes from Russian site StarSniper, which was down at the time of this writing. However, a member on the PlayStation.com forums dropped some information about the supposed upcoming PSP title.[/font][/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]"The game is titled Metal Gear 3: Revolver Ocelot and it takes place between MGS: Portable Ops and Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake. It will feature some scenes from the original Metal Gear."[/font][/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]"The game uses a recruitment system similar to MGS:tongue:O and the main character is Revolver Ocelot, looking similar to both MGS3 and MGS1. Big Boss is not a playable character, but appears sometimes during the cut scenes supervising the construction of outer heaven."[/font][/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]More details will reportedly be revealed at E3.[/font][/font]
Metal Gear 3: Revolver Ocelot confirmed fake

Wish we made it
By Josh Ward, GameRush Entertainment

Contact us | Go to all news
Posted June 10, 2008

It looks like Metal Gear 3: Revolver Ocelot won't be seeing the light of day after all.

The rumored PSP title was said to be coming with an announcement by Konami at this year's E3, but Ryan Payton, Assistant Producer at Kojima Productions, says it doesn't exist.

"Sounds cool. Wish we made it," he wrote in a post at [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]NeoGAF.

Also to those who don't care about spoilers and want a taste of the game...
http://www.*********/thesnakesoup

[/font][/font]

Damn...it was a good idea too...

It's funny cuz I saw that link and I was VERY tempted to click it. I decided against it though. I know its for the best...my LE will thank me later
smile.gif

Oh here's a quick tip-if you have a DualShock, make sure you're playing with it. You know how Kojima is with the controllers...
wink.gif

I have more info, but I think that it could be taken as a spoiler, so I'll hold back...

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]

[/font][/font]

Damn...it was a good idea too...

It's funny cuz I saw that link and I was VERY tempted to click it. I decided against it though. I know its for the best...my LE will thank me later
smile.gif

Oh here's a quick tip-if you have a DualShock, make sure you're playing with it. You know how Kojima is with the controllers...
wink.gif

I have more info, but I think that it could be taken as a spoiler, so I'll hold back...

pm me

ima prolly be at uniqlo on thursday- whether i get to do the signing thing i dunno
but i'm at least picking up a shirt or 2

Damn, my gamecrazy just called me, said they cancel the midnight release. Not all that bad, I wouldn't have play it till I got off of work, so ill pick itup on my lunch break,
pimp.gif

For those who wanted it,
Once again, here's the list of every trailers of the game, direct feed, in the highest resolution available...

METAL GEAR SOLID 4: GUNS OF THE PATRIOTS • TRAILERMANIA + DIRECT FEED

Trailer 1 • 2005 TGS (720p) on Gamersyde
Trailer 2 • 2006 GDC (720p) on Playscope
Trailer 3 • 2006 E3 (720p) on Gametrailers
Trailer 4 • 2006 TGS (720p) on Playscope
Trailer 5 • 2007 GDC (720p) on Gamersyde
Trailer 6 • 2007 E3 (720p) on Playscope
Trailer 7 • 2007 TGS (720p) on Gametrailers
Trailer 8 • 2008 (512 x 384 - Letterboxed) on Rapidshare
Trailer 9 • 2008 Final / Theatrical (1080p) on Impress Watch

2008 April's Fool (720p)

I usually don't do the midnight-release waiting nonsense, but I'll make an exception for this.

this is why I bought this d*mn ps3. LETS GOOOOOOO

Via ps3fanboy.com

Hey, you put a PSP in my Metal Gear Solid 4!
mgs4pspshot.jpg

Chances are, you've heard of this small PS3 game called Metal Gear Solid 4 (check out all the coverage on PS3 Fanboy). Hunter217 sent us a few pics captured from the game ... and lo and behold, we see Sony's beloved handheld hidden away in the game as a small easter egg. Kojima's home is on the PlayStation systems, and it's nice to see the PSP isn't neglected in the upcoming console game.

Can't wait.

But PLEASE DON'T POST SPOILERS IN HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway what comes in the LE again? Just the OST and Making Of? Someone post pics when they get theirs.

Back
Top Bottom