The Official Military Thread. Vol 1

I'm so miserable at my current command. I'm a Navy O-3 working at a joint billet and my boss is an Army O-5. Everything from how they carry themselves to the Army decision making process is different. I don't know how you Army guys deal with this stuff; I feel for you. I got another 16 months. Pray for me

brainwashing
they cant turn that **** off
same as the Marines

but you’re an Officer, you’ll live

I'm so miserable at my current command. I'm a Navy O-3 working at a joint billet and my boss is an Army O-5. Everything from how they carry themselves to the Army decision making process is different. I don't know how you Army guys deal with this stuff; I feel for you. I got another 16 months. Pray for me
I don't have a problem with it but decisions ain't thought out but that's from a leadership problem

I'm really on the fence about getting out. I plan on getting married to my girlfriend in a year or two and we kinda talked about us moving back home to Atlanta when we start a family. I'd like to get my MBA or Masters in Supply Chain and then finding work in the Atlanta area. It would also be better for her career to have stability as opposed to moving every 2-3 years.

On the other hand the Navy has been good to me (this job notwithstanding) and the pension/benefits can't be beat. I've never met somebody who did 20 years and regretted but I've met alot of people who regret getting out. It's the decision we've all faced. Any advice?

I'm really on the fence about getting out. I plan on getting married to my girlfriend in a year or two and we kinda talked about us moving back home to Atlanta when we start a family. I'd like to get my MBA or Masters in Supply Chain and then finding work in the Atlanta area. It would also be better for her career to have stability as opposed to moving every 2-3 years.

On the other hand the Navy has been good to me (this job notwithstanding) and the pension/benefits can't be beat. I've never met somebody who did 20 years and regretted but I've met alot of people who regret getting out. It's the decision we've all faced. Any advice?

Stay. In. I mean it's just too easy, but if your heart isn't in staying 20 then it's cool to bounce. But deep down you already have the answer fam.

You already have the answer is art vandelay mentioned. You just want reassurance. If you can find a better job/stability/laid back in the civilian world go for it.

One thing about the military you know you cant get fired or laid off, unless you really mess up.

You already have the answer is art vandelay mentioned. You just want reassurance. If you can find a better job/stability/laid back in the civilian world go for it.

One thing about the military you know you cant get fired or laid off, unless you really mess up.

I dunno man. I've met plenty of officers who didn't make O-4 and got put out for higher tenure.

I dunno man. I've met plenty of officers who didn't make O-4 and got put out for higher tenure.

I work for a terminal O4 pilot. He has to leave at 20. He is happy though. Already lining things up to fly on the outside.

The military has changed too much. It's time to roll and be just as successful as you were on the outside as we were in.

I work for a terminal O4 pilot. He has to leave at 20. He is happy though. Already lining things up to fly on the outside.

The military has changed too much. It's time to roll and be just as successful as you were on the outside as we were in.

I know some Supply Officers (my designator) and plenty of pilots who go put out at O-3. I'm guessing that the guy who work with is prior enlisted because higher tenure for O-3 is only 12 years.

That's the thing that would scare me, putting in all that work and not getting selected for O-4.

I know some Supply Officers (my designator) and plenty of pilots who go put out at O-3. I'm guessing that the guy who work with is prior enlisted because higher tenure for O-3 is only 12 years.

That's the thing that would scare me, putting in all that work and not getting selected for O-4.

Nah he is an O4. He got FOS'd for O5. He has to get out at 20.

I have an interview tomorrow with a masters sgt In the air force for a fed tech position. Are military interviews the same as the Civilian side for the most part? Any advice

The role is IT

I'm at 17 and had plans on going out to 24 but I'm just about set at 20. I'm finishing up my degree so no point in staying.

Only thing that will keep me last 20 is if I make warrant

I’ll be at 17 this year. I went Warrant in the USMC at year 15 (or just before). I might retire at 20. I might make CWO3 at 19 but man, that extra year I have to do for the high 3 might not be worth it lol. I’m working in the realm of worthless contractors and GS. It makes it hard to surge hard while they making over six figures, most don’t know or do anything nor do they have to deal with the big weenie.

I’m a COMM guy. I work for this infantry O5. Dude is ridiculous and clearly over his head. And as stated above, no deliberate or well thought out plans.

i've had thoughts about going back in but i cant run like i used to ever since my back surgery and i dont wanna lose my % rating + benefits

Don't blame the army for your bad decision making

Your first Bad Decision... becoming an officer and not being a pilot

Look at all them NAVY Jets and YOU WILL NEVER FLY ONE

You're basically like a volunteer firefighter

Hell Even I got an incentive ride in an F-16 and I wore a Supreme Structured Tee underneath my flightsuit.... Pulled 9.1 G's and all that
only thing I didn't do was max climb takeoff

I was a lowly Egress mechanic.... LOL

but you got 16 months left though

GO HOME AND BE A FAMILY MAN

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom