The Official Military Thread. Vol 1

Congrats man. Hope this is your year.

I commission Dec. 1. Talk to the detailer in Jun. Some of the surface guys already have orders.
Thanks bro. I sent my last five evals, psr and esr to Gunner B. You mind looking at it also?

December? Nice! Looking to do anything specific?

Send it. **************

You on shore still or back at sea. I'll tell you I think they waited for me to get back to sea to make it.
Got it. Haha, you deserve it tho for sure!

I'm still at the schoolhouse, due to transfer in December headed back to helos. Detailers trying to keep Sailors in their career platforms now. Got a message on CMS ID that said "Experienced F/A-18 career technicians will be directed back to F/A-18 billets in CMS ID upon negotiating orders" Flanders ain't playing in Millington, lol.

Got it. Haha, you deserve it tho for sure!

I'm still at the schoolhouse, due to transfer in December headed back to helos. Detailers trying to keep Sailors in their career platforms now. Got a message on CMS ID that said "Experienced F/A-18 career technicians will be directed back to F/A-18 billets in CMS ID upon negotiating orders" Flanders ain't playing in Millington, lol.

I know the e5 and E7 detailer...they are pushing it hard Especially for F18's.

Gotta be honest. Got to my new unit. It has an Ish climate. My CO is focused on unit readiness.

I have an E5 who came back from deployment less than two months ago. He gained some weight. I was told to find out where he is and have him develop a plan to address his current weight issues. I’m like bet. He has until June 30 for our semi annual period.

Then today happened. I haven’t been there the last two days. He was told by our XO why he hasn’t weighed in. I assume that is coming from our CO.

They had a uniform inspection today. My coworker (a WO1) told me he didn’t look good in his uniform. So now they want him to weigh in. They ready to burn him.

Sucks. Kid is selected for E6. If they force him to weigh in, he fails and they assign him to weight control. He loses the promotion. He also has a year left and leaning to getting out. Just seems if this goes sideways, it’ll definitely push him out.

I believe in standards. But they being extra aggressive and unfair.

spiderjericho spiderjericho do you all send out 10 week notices in regards to weigh ins? Also, did he ever ask for a courtesy weigh in to check and see where he stood?

Touchy subject here because you never wanna burn anyone but if they’re not doing anything to help themselves (i.e. eating right, PT’ing, asking for help) you can’t really burn yourself out even though I know you wanna do the right thing.

Sounds like Army or Marine Corps.

But the policy is the same in the Navy. We can weight someone in at any time.

10 weeks is just for the PFA.

It’s the Marine Corps.

And 10 week notices...that’s extremely nice heads up lol.

I taped the kid today. He saw he was able to meet body fat standards and opted to get it over with. I let him know they’re out to get him.

He’s got a year left and this experience didn’t help to retain him. Military life isn’t for everyone.

It’s the Marine Corps.

And 10 week notices...that’s extremely nice heads up lol.

I taped the kid today. He saw he was able to meet body fat standards and opted to get it over with. I let him know they’re out to get him.

He’s got a year left and this experience didn’t help to retain him. Military life isn’t for everyone.

It isn't but I have always hated when COC's target people while folks they like can be out of standards and it won't matter.

tupac003 tupac003 Emailed you back bro. I left early yesterday to, ironically, set up some Sailor 360 PT event at the gym.

How do you feel about career summary enclosures. Gunner B is getting someone to send me an example of theirs but I've seen one from an LSC that was up for Senior last year. Hers was pretty vague tbh. Like things they're going to see in your record/evals anyway. I heard they frown upon double submission...

tupac003 tupac003 Emailed you back bro. I left early yesterday to, ironically, set up some Sailor 360 PT event at the gym.

How do you feel about career summary enclosures. Gunner B is getting someone to send me an example of theirs but I've seen one from an LSC that was up for Senior last year. Hers was pretty vague tbh. Like things they're going to see in your record/evals anyway. I heard they frown upon double submission...

I'm all for a career summary but there is a certain way it should be put together. I'll shoot you one I was gonna use for AOCS. The way it's set up it makes them scan your evals harder. Remember they go through a bunch of records and it is possible they may miss something. If your presenter sucks it could be worse.

I'm all for a career summary but there is a certain way it should be put together. I'll shoot you one I was gonna use for AOCS. The way it's set up it makes them scan your evals harder. Remember they go through a bunch of records and it is possible they may miss something. If your presenter sucks it could be worse.
Yo can you send it to me too?

Back
Top Bottom