The Official Military Thread. Vol 1

I figured I would asked here before making a thread....I'm a philosophy major and a bio minor, I'm considering working for a gov't agency such as the FBI, DHS, etc and I was wondering if anyone has experience in those areas?

Originally Posted by snaggykicks

Originally Posted by FullTech

I heard from one of my buddies(army), spc. is better to pick up than cpl. in his branch 
ohwell.gif

snaggy, you're enlisted already?
yea im brand new pfc havent been in long at all and yea spc is automatic promo just dont get in trouble do ya time as pvt or pv2 pr pfc and u good and its more common in army to go spc then sgt
I went in as in pvt.
you're stationed in the US? 

I heard from one of my buddies(army), spc. is better to pick up than cpl. in his branch 
ohwell.gif

yea im brand new pfc havent been in long at all and yea spc is automatic promo just dont get in trouble do ya time as pvt or pv2 pr pfc and u good and its more common in army to go spc then sgt
I went in as in pvt.

ohwell.gif

I went in as in pvt.

yea and same here came in as e1

ohwell.gif

I went in as in pvt.

yea and same here came in as e1

Originally Posted by iBlink

2 questions:

-Does the military pay off your student loans after you graduate?
-Can I become an officer if I didn't do ROTC in college?

-yes if you go in as enlisted. no if you go in as officer (pay is higher so they figure you can afford to pay it back yourself)
-yes there are officer recruiters for civilians

2 questions:

-yes if you go in as enlisted. no if you go in as officer (pay is higher so they figure you can afford to pay it back yourself)
-yes there are officer recruiters for civilians

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

2 questions:

no if you go in as officer (pay is higher so they figure you can afford to pay it back yourself)

False, if you go in as an AD officer (with the Army at least) they have a program where for every additional year of AD time you sign up for is, I believe, 20K off your student loans.

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

2 questions:

no if you go in as officer (pay is higher so they figure you can afford to pay it back yourself)

False, if you go in as an AD officer (with the Army at least) they have a program where for every additional year of AD time you sign up for is, I believe, 20K off your student loans.

^ o ok. my fault. I was looking at Navy so this is what i was told (for all branches). Thats pretty cool.

^ o ok. my fault. I was looking at Navy so this is what i was told (for all branches). Thats pretty cool.

Originally Posted by akademikgenius

thinkin of doing Air Force Resrves...my question is:

is being enlisted better than the reserves/active? I just want to live as close to a civilian life as possible,

and the primary reason I want to join is to open up opportunity's and to get a little support for school financing.

All my friends I met in the Air Force that are reserves wish they went Active Duty!! But it all depends.. its mainly the young ones who wish they went Active. The older ones.. 23+ don't mind, but some of them do wish they went Active

is being enlisted better than the reserves/active? I just want to live as close to a civilian life as possible,

and the primary reason I want to join is to open up opportunity's and to get a little support for school financing.

All my friends I met in the Air Force that are reserves wish they went Active Duty!! But it all depends.. its mainly the young ones who wish they went Active. The older ones.. 23+ don't mind, but some of them do wish they went Active

Originally Posted by chr1scross

honestly it depends on your job, i recommend reserve to anybody who becomes missile maintenance or security forces. other than that active duty where its at

Originally Posted by chr1scross

honestly it depends on your job, i recommend reserve to anybody who becomes missile maintenance or security forces. other than that active duty where its at

So what's everyone's MOS, and for those planning on going what MOS are you shooting for?

3521 Auto-Mechanic, myself.

So what's everyone's MOS, and for those planning on going what MOS are you shooting for?

3521 Auto-Mechanic, myself.

12 bravo(Combat Engineer) and 12 romeo(Interior Electrician) with the NG here...
Been in going on 5 years,its pretty cool..

whats up yall

edit: just remembered they switched it to the 12 series

12 bravo(Combat Engineer) and 12 romeo(Interior Electrician) with the NG here...
Been in going on 5 years,its pretty cool..

whats up yall

edit: just remembered they switched it to the 12 series

been in 6 years, Air- Force, Security Forces, Hate my Job, Hate my base, hopefully i PCS soon, i recommend nobody ever want to be security forces unless u already hate life.

been in 6 years, Air- Force, Security Forces, Hate my Job, Hate my base, hopefully i PCS soon, i recommend nobody ever want to be security forces unless u already hate life.

How's the basic training when you enlist in the AF? I went to the site and it looks cool, but I'd like to know from yall personal experience.

How's the basic training when you enlist in the AF? I went to the site and it looks cool, but I'd like to know from yall personal experience.

Back
Top Bottom