The Official Military Thread. Vol 1

Turned in my packet last Wednesday. ATLsFINEST did they make you get letters of recommendation? If so, who'd you receive them from? And if you don't mind, what was your GPA?

I graduate in December, but I won't receive my degree until May. Should my process be just about finished by the time I get my degree so that I can go off the basic training and then OCS all by next summer?

How long should I wait to follow up with my recruiter? He mentioned that his office was in the process of changing locations and things were hectic. They're moving about two miles down the road so they should be finished by November he said.

Also, what should I do to prep for the asvab and what are some good study sources? What are some good scores to get on the PT test to put me ahead of the group in terms of physical fitness?

A lot of questions, i know. But any help is appreciated you guys.

Turned in my packet last Wednesday. ATLsFINEST did they make you get letters of recommendation? If so, who'd you receive them from? And if you don't mind, what was your GPA?
I graduate in December, but I won't receive my degree until May. Should my process be just about finished by the time I get my degree so that I can go off the basic training and then OCS all by next summer?
How long should I wait to follow up with my recruiter? He mentioned that his office was in the process of changing locations and things were hectic. They're moving about two miles down the road so they should be finished by November he said.
Also, what should I do to prep for the asvab and what are some good study sources? What are some good scores to get on the PT test to put me ahead of the group in terms of physical fitness?
What branch? Each are different. ATL is going Navy so his experience will be different. You are talking about Basic Combat Training, then to OCS, so I'm assuming you are applying to the Army.

for PT stuff, check out http://www.military.com/military-fitness/ lots of good stuff in there. The advice all the officers I talked to gave me was to train for OCS, not just as if you were training for Physical Fitness Test. Be able to run further than the 1.5 miles for the Navy, 2 miles for the Army, or the 3 miles for the Corps (whatever your branch is).  

I am not an authority and only speak from my experiences as someone who completed the application process for Navy OCS (billet I was interested in was closed last minute so no go), and I'd seriously talk to officers from whatever branch you are applying to. 

Last edited:

Are you going Navy?

Hit 10 years in the AF next April. Can't believe time is flying by so fast.

To the people that got out, are you going to school or what?

My plan is to get out in 2015 (12 year mark, yeah I'm stupid like that) and go to school using the GI Bill.

Then hopefully get a govt job with my experience and newfound education.

Hit 10 years in the AF next April. Can't believe time is flying by so fast.

To the people that got out, are you going to school or what?

My plan is to get out in 2015 (12 year mark, yeah I'm stupid like that) and go to school using the GI Bill.

Then hopefully get a govt job with my experience and newfound education.

I just got out in August, and the GI Bill is great! It definitely helps cover your living expenses, but you will definitely want to work, or atleast have some supplemental income. YOU ARE ELIGIBLE for unemployment, so that + the GI Bill will be pretty helpful, but make sure you're saving your money before you get out bro. Were you stationed in SD?

I just got out in August, and the GI Bill is great! It definitely helps cover your living expenses, but you will definitely want to work, or atleast have some supplemental income. YOU ARE ELIGIBLE for unemployment, so that + the GI Bill will be pretty helpful, but make sure you're saving your money before you get out bro. Were you stationed in SD?

Word.

Nah, only been stationed in Colorado, Italy, Korea and Germany.

Word.

Nah, only been stationed in Colorado, Italy, Korea and Germany.

Bro, MAKE SURE YOU DO YOUR GI BILL PAPERWORK EARLY! I wish I would have and it almost came back to bite me in the butt

^ Good Luck dude!

For people in the navy, have any of you gone through the HSCP (Navy Health Service Collegiate Program) ?

ATL

Wish I saw this before...but don't cram gouge you will have time to study. I graduated back in may. What's your designator? If you have any questions hit me up. Pm me or whatever good luck. You will do fine. Be loud don't be afraid and do as you we told no matter how bad it sucks.

Graduated basic at ft Jackson on Nov 8...only 3 more weeks til I'm MOS qualified. Can't wait!

4 yrs in the Marine Corps infantry

Props. You're about that life in more ways than the most NTers can appreciate :pimp: :pimp:

I think about enlisting in the Marines and going infantry just about every day :lol: :lol: im about to graduate but im still considering just straight enlisting anyway.

Ive been fascinated with the Marine Corps since i was a youngin. Depending where im at in a year or so, i might make that commitment. We'll see.

Props. You're about that life in more ways than the most NTers can appreciate :pimp: :pimp:
I think about enlisting in the Marines and going infantry just about every day :lol: :lol: im about to graduate but im still considering just straight enlisting anyway.
Ive been fascinated with the Marine Corps since i was a youngin. Depending where im at in a year or so, i might make that commitment. We'll see.

cosign :pimp:

after waiting since early July, I finally get to swear in Monday!!

Marines tho....

Back
Top Bottom