The Official Mortal Kombat 9 Thread

Downloaded the Compatibility pack and got the Klassic Noob and Smoke skins.

Theres an issue with Noob though, when you choose the klassic skin, you cant seem to connect the blackhole after a string like B1214. I thought Noob was somewhat nerfed, but it turns out that its just an issue they will fix in the next patch.

Press start in choosing the MK2 Noob though, you're in for a surprise.
EDIT

Smoke still has OTG, seems like the behavior of of MK2 Noob and Smoke are pre-patch.

Originally Posted by MarcusKicks

Theres an issue with Noob though, when you choose the klassic skin, you cant seem to connect the blackhole after a string like B1214. I thought Noob was somewhat nerfed, but it turns out that its just an issue they will fix in the next patch.

EDIT

Smoke still has OTG, seems like the behavior of of MK2 Noob and Smoke are pre-patch.

not really surprising there are issues. ever since they came out with the first pack, problems seem to be piling up and there is always something wrong.

EDIT

not really surprising there are issues. ever since they came out with the first pack, problems seem to be piling up and there is always something wrong.

MarcusKicks wrote:

EDIT

Yo I did an x-ray with noob saibot and I couldn't believe what I just witnessed
eek.gif

MarcusKicks wrote:

EDIT

Yo I did an x-ray with noob saibot and I couldn't believe what I just witnessed
eek.gif

Originally Posted by TheGoldenChild

EDIT

Yea I tried doing that same combo string with the blackhole but it doesn't seem to work . I does let me preform the B214 and then blackhole (above special).
nerd.gif

EDIT

Yea I tried doing that same combo string with the blackhole but it doesn't seem to work . I does let me preform the B214 and then blackhole (above special).
nerd.gif

it has nothing to do with your expertise of whatever. because it's really quite obvious when people spam. and most people dont care about playing at a higher level. all they wanna do is win. im just saying that not all characters have the ability to stop it or deal with it. i just think it is lame that when 2 characters throw a projectile, kano is the only one that can throw his knife and still block the others projectile. thats just lame.

besides, if your spamming works... why change it? cause someone calls you out? i just laugh, cause complaining and calling someone a spammer, just shows that no matter how good you are, you're still not good enough to stop that.. which is where the balance of the game comes into place.

and where all characters have a projectile, it doesnt even come down to combos anymore... it's just, which character has the best moves. kung lao...

and there isnt always a way around imbalances, because you can be as good as justin wong or tom brady, it doesnt matter, cause if they'd go head to head and one has kung lao and the other has a weaker character, say noob.. that person will lose. cause kung lao has all the moves and skills to play up close and away, where noob only has a zoning and so called mid range game (by the way, that movie was cool where he talks about the evil twin combo, but it doesnt mean much cause it's way too slow.)

other than the imbalance of the game, they need to fix the desynching and disconnects and also the fact that european players only play in europe and US players can only play USA
If you think this game is imbalanced then I don't think you ever played any of the 3D installments. Now those's were hella imbalanced (MKDA, MKD, and the worst one of all MKA). In MKA there were only 5 regs everyone would choose because they were broken and cheap , and that was Scorpion, Quan Chi, Drahmin, Noob Saibot , and Sareena. You also had playable bosses which I use to hate with a passion 
mad.gif
 and of course kreate a fighter which were super cheap
indifferent.gif
 Now I 've been playin mortal kombat off and on for the past 18 years and I know for a fact that this the best mk since UMK3. But of course there's going to be stronger fighters then others but thats in almost every fighting game so that isn't the case. I'm sure there's some high level jades and high level nightwolfs that can beat a high level kung lao. It all depends on who's controlling that particular character. Just 3 weeks ago wonder chef won a tournament with Sektor yes ....SEKTOR !!!!!
happy.gif

it has nothing to do with your expertise of whatever. because it's really quite obvious when people spam. and most people dont care about playing at a higher level. all they wanna do is win. im just saying that not all characters have the ability to stop it or deal with it. i just think it is lame that when 2 characters throw a projectile, kano is the only one that can throw his knife and still block the others projectile. thats just lame.

besides, if your spamming works... why change it? cause someone calls you out? i just laugh, cause complaining and calling someone a spammer, just shows that no matter how good you are, you're still not good enough to stop that.. which is where the balance of the game comes into place.

and where all characters have a projectile, it doesnt even come down to combos anymore... it's just, which character has the best moves. kung lao...

and there isnt always a way around imbalances, because you can be as good as justin wong or tom brady, it doesnt matter, cause if they'd go head to head and one has kung lao and the other has a weaker character, say noob.. that person will lose. cause kung lao has all the moves and skills to play up close and away, where noob only has a zoning and so called mid range game (by the way, that movie was cool where he talks about the evil twin combo, but it doesnt mean much cause it's way too slow.)

other than the imbalance of the game, they need to fix the desynching and disconnects and also the fact that european players only play in europe and US players can only play USA
If you think this game is imbalanced then I don't think you ever played any of the 3D installments. Now those's were hella imbalanced (MKDA, MKD, and the worst one of all MKA). In MKA there were only 5 regs everyone would choose because they were broken and cheap , and that was Scorpion, Quan Chi, Drahmin, Noob Saibot , and Sareena. You also had playable bosses which I use to hate with a passion 
mad.gif
 and of course kreate a fighter which were super cheap
indifferent.gif
 Now I 've been playin mortal kombat off and on for the past 18 years and I know for a fact that this the best mk since UMK3. But of course there's going to be stronger fighters then others but thats in almost every fighting game so that isn't the case. I'm sure there's some high level jades and high level nightwolfs that can beat a high level kung lao. It all depends on who's controlling that particular character. Just 3 weeks ago wonder chef won a tournament with Sektor yes ....SEKTOR !!!!!
happy.gif

perhaps this mk is the most balanced compared to the others, but that is not the point. the people at netherrealm also know that this game is not balanced, why do you think they keep on nerfing or boosting characters with the patches, because they know some characters arent strong. but when i say unbalanced i mean with all the special moves and the differences between them. because most of the times it is just a game of special moves and not combos or skills even.

after mk3 i didnt even play the others cause they sucked. and it's not really a surprise people playing good with the cyborgs, cause both cyrax and sektor have some good moves that end up in high damage combos, i've seen people in tournaments play cyrax and using his bomb, awesome move, but kinda cheap..since you drop it, and just continue the rushdown. and that bomb is unblockable.

but like you said, there is a great player out there for every character. only you dont see them a lot online... most just the same characters over and over...

and do you have a video of the new noob xray?

perhaps this mk is the most balanced compared to the others, but that is not the point. the people at netherrealm also know that this game is not balanced, why do you think they keep on nerfing or boosting characters with the patches, because they know some characters arent strong. but when i say unbalanced i mean with all the special moves and the differences between them. because most of the times it is just a game of special moves and not combos or skills even.

after mk3 i didnt even play the others cause they sucked. and it's not really a surprise people playing good with the cyborgs, cause both cyrax and sektor have some good moves that end up in high damage combos, i've seen people in tournaments play cyrax and using his bomb, awesome move, but kinda cheap..since you drop it, and just continue the rushdown. and that bomb is unblockable.

but like you said, there is a great player out there for every character. only you dont see them a lot online... most just the same characters over and over...

TheGoldenChild wrote:

Well the good thing is that NRS is finally trying to fix their mistakes and it's a learning process for them right now because they really want this mortal kombat to have a long life in the tournament scene. And mortal kombat has always been about projectiles and but I can see how most peeps would abuse those special moves. Some people rather zone the whole time then to take time to learn the characters combo strings. Thats just lazy strategy im my opinion but if that person manages to get wins that way then it is what it is.

TheGoldenChild wrote:

Well the good thing is that NRS is finally trying to fix their mistakes and it's a learning process for them right now because they really want this mortal kombat to have a long life in the tournament scene. And mortal kombat has always been about projectiles and but I can see how most peeps would abuse those special moves. Some people rather zone the whole time then to take time to learn the characters combo strings. Thats just lazy strategy im my opinion but if that person manages to get wins that way then it is what it is.

Back
Top Bottom