The Official Mortal Kombat 9 Thread

2eb16d1f0c1b9e84c2af3efb7d530e0a199eb302.gif

Originally Posted by His diabolical Majesty

^ha. I went to high school down that block.

And

"Whats with all the hate on mk:da?"

Boon, is that you?!
laugh.gif
Say but on da real and you cant front on this either MK:DA x MKD >>>>>>>> MKA x MK VS DCU and thats real talk homie
happy.gif

Originally Posted by His diabolical Majesty

^ha. I went to high school down that block.

And

"Whats with all the hate on mk:da?"

Boon, is that you?!
laugh.gif
Say but on da real and you cant front on this either MK:DA x MKD >>>>>>>> MKA x MK VS DCU and thats real talk homie
happy.gif

has long been speculated, Shang Tsung is not originally from Outworld. The incarnation of the story has the sorcerer discovering a portal and pledging his loyalty to Shao Kahn in return for his iconic powers rather than being cursed by the Elder Gods to consume souls to sustain his youth, though presumably that fact can still be assumed. As mentioned in his Mortal Kombat: Armageddon bio, Shang Tsung is magically bound to Shao Kahn due to this process. Not much is revealed gameplay wise, though we do see Shang make his entrance with his iconic "Your soul is mine!" line as he enters combat disguised as his opponent. He is able to use his morphing ability for the first time since Mortal Kombat Trilogy, but it is limited to whoever he is facing. Interestingly enough, he appears once again in his older form inspired from Mortal Kombat 1, raising the question whether or not his youthful appearance is his main costume or an alternate. As is typical with these trailers, a teaser for a fatality is shown near the end. In this, Shang Tsung seems to possess his victim with his malevolent powers and forces them to rip off their own head with their bare hands.
Gameplay wise Shang Tsung incorporates a style similar to his snake stance in Deadly Alliance. He uses a few special moves including his skull fireball blast and 3 skull fireball eruption. He also seems to have his soul steal ability from the last few games, which there replenished a small portion of his lifebar.

pimp.gif

has long been speculated, Shang Tsung is not originally from Outworld. The incarnation of the story has the sorcerer discovering a portal and pledging his loyalty to Shao Kahn in return for his iconic powers rather than being cursed by the Elder Gods to consume souls to sustain his youth, though presumably that fact can still be assumed. As mentioned in his Mortal Kombat: Armageddon bio, Shang Tsung is magically bound to Shao Kahn due to this process. Not much is revealed gameplay wise, though we do see Shang make his entrance with his iconic "Your soul is mine!" line as he enters combat disguised as his opponent. He is able to use his morphing ability for the first time since Mortal Kombat Trilogy, but it is limited to whoever he is facing. Interestingly enough, he appears once again in his older form inspired from Mortal Kombat 1, raising the question whether or not his youthful appearance is his main costume or an alternate. As is typical with these trailers, a teaser for a fatality is shown near the end. In this, Shang Tsung seems to possess his victim with his malevolent powers and forces them to rip off their own head with their bare hands.
Gameplay wise Shang Tsung incorporates a style similar to his snake stance in Deadly Alliance. He uses a few special moves including his skull fireball blast and 3 skull fireball eruption. He also seems to have his soul steal ability from the last few games, which there replenished a small portion of his lifebar.

pimp.gif

Legacy looked good but the only way I knew it was MK was because I noticed the Jax(i think that's him) from the earlier trailer a long time ago. Glad it's finally coming out.

Sign spinning was eh...haha.

Legacy looked good but the only way I knew it was MK was because I noticed the Jax(i think that's him) from the earlier trailer a long time ago. Glad it's finally coming out.

Sign spinning was eh...haha.

Back
Top Bottom