The Official Mortal Kombat 9 Thread

Might pick this up after work.
Hope the gameplay is like MK2 or MK3.
The last one I copped was that horrid 3D MK4.

IGN gave it a 8/10 because the "bosses are cheap" and some characters "look like their stuck in the 90's"

indifferent.gif

and he calls Raiden "Riden"

IGN gave it a 8/10 because the "bosses are cheap" and some characters "look like their stuck in the 90's"

indifferent.gif

and he calls Raiden "Riden"

I'm not the biggest fighting game fan, but I remember always playing MK1 on Sega so I had to get this....This !*@* is sick as hell so far
pimp.gif
...glad I bought it....Anyone on PS3 that wants some easy wins just add me...PSN- jrp44

I'm not the biggest fighting game fan, but I remember always playing MK1 on Sega so I had to get this....This !*@* is sick as hell so far
pimp.gif
...glad I bought it....Anyone on PS3 that wants some easy wins just add me...PSN- jrp44

Picked up the game when it released Midnight. Plays exactly like Mk3 a little bit with a slight twist. Combos are a breeze...well some of them -_-

Picked up the game when it released Midnight. Plays exactly like Mk3 a little bit with a slight twist. Combos are a breeze...well some of them -_-

Originally Posted by millionuppercuts

Originally Posted by jbone2308

Sideshow bob wrote:

Xtapolapacetl wrote:

SSFIV is actually not insanely different from SSFII Turbo. Except that unlike in Mortal Kombat, that isn't a bad thing. But that's only because SF's gameplay is timeless and all it needs is graphical upgrades and some minor additions.
laugh.gif
@ comparing MK to SF, though. Not even close.

To be fair, at least this time MK has SOME gameplay variation to it, unlike the primitive and extremely one-dimensional scam gameplay of the 90s MK games that took no time to develop because developers probably spent 15 minutes on individuality of characters. Where all characters were equally quick, could jump equally high, were almost all equally tall and wide and all had the exact same basic moves with down + high punch and back + low kick being the classic whored to the extreme moves for all characters because it was effective the same for all characters.

The new MK is an improvement, but nothing special.

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
It's like his Lebron >Kobe arguments in the sports forum.
indifferent.gif

Isn't this the self-proclaimed weed head pill head? I know this guy is on a lot of drugs so it's not surprising that everything he says makes ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE. 

eyes.gif
@ the guy with the avatar of a person who glorifies drug dealing and taking drugs caling me a weed head pill head. I never once said that I took drugs, the meth you take must be messing with your memory.

Anyway, I just watched the IGN review and at one point, it said exactly what I predicted about this game before I even saw the review: That it puts emphasis on gore and extreme violence than on gameplay, but that the gameplay aspect varies more than it does in the 90s MK games (the opposite would pretty much be impossible).

Originally Posted by millionuppercuts

Originally Posted by jbone2308

Sideshow bob wrote:

Xtapolapacetl wrote:

SSFIV is actually not insanely different from SSFII Turbo. Except that unlike in Mortal Kombat, that isn't a bad thing. But that's only because SF's gameplay is timeless and all it needs is graphical upgrades and some minor additions.
laugh.gif
@ comparing MK to SF, though. Not even close.

To be fair, at least this time MK has SOME gameplay variation to it, unlike the primitive and extremely one-dimensional scam gameplay of the 90s MK games that took no time to develop because developers probably spent 15 minutes on individuality of characters. Where all characters were equally quick, could jump equally high, were almost all equally tall and wide and all had the exact same basic moves with down + high punch and back + low kick being the classic whored to the extreme moves for all characters because it was effective the same for all characters.

The new MK is an improvement, but nothing special.

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
It's like his Lebron >Kobe arguments in the sports forum.
indifferent.gif

Isn't this the self-proclaimed weed head pill head? I know this guy is on a lot of drugs so it's not surprising that everything he says makes ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE. 

eyes.gif
@ the guy with the avatar of a person who glorifies drug dealing and taking drugs caling me a weed head pill head. I never once said that I took drugs, the meth you take must be messing with your memory.

Anyway, I just watched the IGN review and at one point, it said exactly what I predicted about this game before I even saw the review: That it puts emphasis on gore and extreme violence than on gameplay, but that the gameplay aspect varies more than it does in the 90s MK games (the opposite would pretty much be impossible).

damn cyber sub zero is a beast. he has his regular moves,cyraxes bombs, a teleport, a parry, and two different types of dive kicks. eek

damn cyber sub zero is a beast. he has his regular moves,cyraxes bombs, a teleport, a parry, and two different types of dive kicks. eek

KE is
pimp.gif
...got the huge scorpin window poster too
pimp.gif
........&
eek.gif
@ Kabal....its curtains & draperies when i get him down pat

KE is
pimp.gif
...got the huge scorpin window poster too
pimp.gif
........&
eek.gif
@ Kabal....its curtains & draperies when i get him down pat

The guy who reviewed MK for IGN doesn't seem to be into fighting games.
laugh.gif
at him giving the presentation a 6. Never liked IGN reviews anyway. They gave armageddon a higher score. They gave assassins creed a 7.
laugh.gif
then again I don't rely on reviews much anyway. Sucks for the casual gamers that do.

The guy who reviewed MK for IGN doesn't seem to be into fighting games.
laugh.gif
at him giving the presentation a 6. Never liked IGN reviews anyway. They gave armageddon a higher score. They gave assassins creed a 7.
laugh.gif
then again I don't rely on reviews much anyway. Sucks for the casual gamers that do.

wait, so ive been following this thread for a long while. (or so i thought) But i didnt think there were babalities, and anamalities and friendships and stuff. They are there now? Add me gt: JuliansDad41310

wait, so ive been following this thread for a long while. (or so i thought) But i didnt think there were babalities, and anamalities and friendships and stuff. They are there now? Add me gt: JuliansDad41310

Originally Posted by IheartDrums

babalities yes ...anamalities and friendships i dunno

Originally Posted by IheartDrums

babalities yes ...anamalities and friendships i dunno

Back
Top Bottom