The Official NBA Finals Thread: Game 7 - Cleveland Cavaliers are your 2016 NBA Champions

Who will win the 2016 NBA finals?

• Dubs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cavs

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im not going to slander Draymond anymore..If only all the Curry and GS fans accepted defeat like that.

I have nothing but respect for Green. He showed up in the biggest game of the season and showed respect and class after the loss shaking the Cavs players hands.

Curry overrated as hell. I gave him a pass after last yrs finals...but he played even worse this time around. If the warriors had won he wouldn't have won mvp smh. That's a definition of fraud if I ever saw one.

Last edited:

Would have picked the Cavs over OKC.

Homecourt and Russell's ineptness on defense would have been two of the major differences.

Also, we gotta stop saying Curry can't guard because he got hit up a few times by Lebron and Kyrie. He slipped in the playoffs defensively, but He was really good on the ball this year, and was one of the best defenders at his position. 
who can guard lebron and kyrie? 

also was hearing on tv right now that gs was +29 with bogut on the floor and -35 without him. no excuse but bogut was missed. this small ball should be done with. 

indifferent.gif
Can't take anything you say seriously after this one
really? besides shooting what makes him the best player in the league...

Curry overrated as hell. I gave him a pass after last yrs finals...but he played even worse this time around. If the warriors had won he wouldn't have won mvp smh. That's a definition of fraud if I ever saw one.
And so it begins... Curry's wife will accelerate this process as well...

also was hearing on tv right now that gs was +29 with bogut on the floor and -35 without him. no excuse but bogut was missed. this small ball should be done with. 
who can guard lebron? cmon now we already saw him struggle for most of the series against iggy and draymond. he was not just scoring at will. shot ~30% last night didnt he? lebron CAN be guarded. kyrie CAN be guarded. they cant be locked up, but none of the elite players can be locked up.

I don't know if it's arrogance or showboating, but man Steph (and the warriors as a whole) just hunt for 3's even when they aren't falling.

I legit think steph can go to the rim far more often than he does, but would rather make a crossover hail mary 3 point bomb which backfired big time when it mattered most. Klay too. He had a 3 that rattled in and out in the 4th, but that 3 was an awful, awful shot. Hell the long two he made over Iman was a terrible shot.

this is something that bothered me all series. All their wing players passed up drives to the rim to force up threes. And guys like Harrison Barnes who's shot was NEVER falling would pump fake, drive to the lane and then pass it back out like he was terrified of contact. At least ATTEMPT to dunk it on someone or initiate contact. Everyone on the Warriors went to the paint about as weak as you could

Last edited:

I wouldn't say small ball should be done with.

But having lineup versatility is crucial. In today's NBA, you probably need to be able to at least do both. Play big, play small, pace and space as well as play ISO, need to be versatile and GSW w/o bogut were not. 

Like it's cool to have the curry/klay/iggy - livinston/barnes/draymond lineup in your back pocket, but you don't want it to be your only real viable lineup. It'll catch up to you.

The way Livingston played, I don't see a reason to keep Barnes, you can get somebody else in the off season. Hell, they could go after Eric Gordon, move him to the 2 and Klay to the 3

It would be a shame if GS stops shooting the three that much. A crying shameshame.
They won't stop shooting the 3.

But this is what happens when GSW is mortal from the 3 point line.

You really can't beat them if they are making an absurd amount of tough 3's which they've been doing over the past 2 years. 

But in the rare instances in which they are just mortal from 3, that in combination with a lack of playable size makes them for sure beatable.

I feel like as long as they continue to take and make an absurd amount of 3's they'll be virtually unbeatable but with the league continuing to evolve, I don't know how long that kind of play will last. You kind of saw it w/OKC and the Cavs man. They were better than GSW in just about every single category except the 3 point line. Being that great at the 3 point line for sure has it's benefits, but when that's the only way you're getting by on the elite, it'll catch up w/you I think. As it did with GSW in the 2nd half last night.

Last edited:
Seriously? Guess you weren't watching the entire season
I watched the entire season..and never once did I think Steph was the best player in the NBA...shooter yes..but player no. And I think this series should've put that to rest.

Last edited:

I watched the entire season..and never once did I think Steph was the best player in the NBA...shooter yes..but player no. And I think series should've put that to rest.
He averaged 30 on 50/45/90 for a 73 win team. 

He was absolutely the best player in the NBA this past season. Come on you guise

He averaged 30 on 50/45/90 for a 73 win team. 

He was absolutely the best player in the NBA this past season. Come on you guise
Haven't we seen players average 30 before? Not to mention he has a complete team around him? I didnt say he didn't have the best season because his team did win the most games and he had the best numbers. But that doesn't make him the best player in the league. I have him 4th personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom