The Official NBA Finals Thread: Game 7 - Cleveland Cavaliers are your 2016 NBA Champions

Who will win the 2016 NBA finals?

• Dubs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cavs

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have access to the statistic on how many points the guy Kyrie was guarding scored?  I have been in the middle of a huge debate with a coworker from Cleveland about how bad Kyrie is defensively, so I tried to make it a point to count how many points were scored on him.  Just on watching it live, my count was 26.  Anyone know if this is accurate?

I know in the hate thread I've cosigned the hate for Lebby chewing teammates out for stupid reasons but in Kyrie's case I hope Lebby chew him out something awful between now and eternity

Does anyone have access to the statistic on how many points the guy Kyrie was guarding scored?  I have been in the middle of a huge debate with a coworker from Cleveland about how bad Kyrie is defensively, so I tried to make it a point to count how many points were scored on him.  Just on watching it live, my count was 26.  Anyone know if this is accurate?

Man. I don't know. But you shouldn't need to be doing extra work to convince your coworker that Kyrie is just bad on d. Your coworker needs eyes transplants.

Last edited:
2-7 is a horrible stat?

Man you guys are insane. Like for real.

97% of the NBA will never sniff a Finals.
That's all I have to say about that.

97% of the NBA isn't being named top 3 ever by espn. 97% of the NBA isn't called King..or the Chosen 1. 97% of the league aren't in 'Goat' talks. 2 of 7 blows when you consider everything else. 2 rings is awesome. Fantastic. But when you place it in context with all of the other narrative for LBJ, it's hella meh for the way he is gassed.

6 straight finals is cool for the athleticism and energy exertion..but if you're pile-driving your conference and then getting smashed in the finals, who gives a ****? Honestly. It makes it a whole lot less impressive in my opinion. Like, the road to the finals for you was paved with weak comp. So yeah, it was hard to get there because it was physically strenuous, bravo, but I'm not buying into the fact that you're really just that damn good if you stay losing when it really matters.

Skimmed your post, no disrespect but concerning Lebron you tend to be super less than objective but.....I do ask this

Give me the finals record of the top 5 GOATS then.

If Lebron is in talks to be top5 and this is why 2-7 would be terrible, give me the other top 5's resume, blood!

I'll wait.....

Last edited:

I don't have that, but yesterday on the Lebatard show they were saying that he was 80th out of 85 points guards in defensive rating which is basically points allowed per 100 possessions.

Defense is all about effort. Which Kyrie doesn't show much of on that end of the floor.
Homer Simpson can put forth all the effort in the world, but I would still give him 70.

Takes effort, strength, lateral quickness, muscle endurance, intelligence; etc 

Not that simple to just say effort.

HUSTLING is all about effort, sure. Not defense

Effort is a biiiiiig part of the equation when it comes to defense. A huge part and there is no arguing that. At all.

Defense has 0 to do w/ talent. Effort plays a huge part in defense. Harden is very talented. But he gives no effort into picking up his man or fighting through screens.

Not necessarily talent , but def just more than effort ...need a combo of physical tools, positioning, IQ, effort, n scouting to really be a good defender
It is absolutely a talent. Ask any reputable coach and they'll tell you. Not everyone can be a competent defender just because they exert effort on defense. 

Effort is a biiiiiig part of the equation when it comes to defense. A huge part and there is no arguing that. At all.
Just like anything else, Depends on who you are honestly.

More effort is needed for Delly to be an above average on ball defender than it is for someone like Shumpert; who has greater physical tools.

But I get your point. Effort needs to be there if you want to consistently contribute on that end of the floor

Dudes apparently believe that you have to be a born defender or something. You really don't. Playing basketball all my life has taught me that. If you don't have the "IQ" to stay w/ your man or switch off screens, then basketball is not the sport for you

Defense has 0 to do w/ talent. Effort plays a huge part in defense. Harden is very talented. But he gives no effort into picking up his man or fighting through screens.
Physical Tools play a part in how well a defender someone can be.

Effort is also needed though.

You can't say talent has ZERO to do with it 

Physical Tools play a part in how well a defender someone can be.

Effort is also needed though.

You can't say talent has ZERO to do with it 

More to do w/ physical capacities, sure. But actual TALENT? Nah not at all. I never heard of anyone being a "talented defender"

Dudes apparently believe that you have to be a born defender or something. You really don't. Playing basketball all my life has taught me that. If you don't have the "IQ" to stay w/ your man or switch off screens, then basketball is not the sport for you
Not one person said that Herb Pope.

I gave a LIST of things that all go into the equation for being a good defender.

Let me rePaste it since you are misquoting folks

Obviously there is a cap on how great a defender you can be. Not everyone can be like Iguodala.

But a guy like Kyrie with his mobility and quick hands shouldn't be food ouchea

Such a travesty that someone would give him a pass and chalk it up to he doesn't have the talent to be a good defender :lol:

Klay and Steph missed a gang of wide open threes.

Delly and Thompson starting lineup defensive minded Cavs > Healthy Kyrie and Love "fools gold wannabe warriors" starting lineup Cavs

Blatt > Lue

Well, defensively, it will be tougher for your Mo Speights of the world than your Dwight Howards of the world just due to lack of physical tools.  Dude is like 6' 10" and cant dunk the ball.

Agree that defense is based a lot on effort, but if you are slow and unathletic, you are going to have a real hard time guarding your physical freaks like Westbrook.

That being said, Irving has the tools to be a good defender. 

Not one person said that Herb Pope.

I gave a LIST of things that all go into the equation for being a good defender.

Let me rePaste it since you are misquoting folks

Let's have a discussion w/o resorting to insults or little shots. Save that for the chicks bruh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom