The Official NBA Finals Thread: Game 7 - Cleveland Cavaliers are your 2016 NBA Champions

Who will win the 2016 NBA finals?

• Dubs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cavs

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, I disagree.  There were at least 15-20 points last night where he got beat off of simple moves or back cuts.  That's bad D.

So between Kyrie giving up 15-20 points by himself, the bench being outscored by 35 and the Cavs committing 17 TO's to GS's 9 and the the dubs getting 25 points off TO's...the Cavs only losing by 15 really got y'all convinced this won't be a series??

I think you do need the talent to get that boost and be an elite defender BUT with effort no nba player should be at the point where you are food.
See, I don't know if I can agree with that. It depends on who all is on the court.

For you to say NO nba player.

Different NBA Players are receiving checks for different reasons.

If Kyle Korver was on the court last night, he would be viewed as FOOD.

But that isn't due to lack of effort he gives on the defensive end

2013 Miami team would have been perfect to face this GSW team. Bosh is a amazing pick and roll defender with length and scoring. Shane could have guarded Green. Curry may have cooked Mario a few times, but Wade could stop Thompson

Last edited:
Again, I disagree.  There were at least 15-20 points last night where he got beat off of simple moves or back cuts.  That's bad D.
So between Kyrie giving up 15-20 points by himself, the bench being outscored by 35 and the Cavs committing 17 TO's to GS's 9 and the the dubs getting 25 points off TO's...the Cavs only losing by 15 really got y'all convinced this won't be a series??
Yes.

You win. You got it
Not working my man.

Quote the people who said defense doesn't demand effort.

You aren't going to lie on folks, and when you get called out on it you call folks emotional 
laugh.gif

I'm sorry the size excuse is just that an excuse. Dude got cooked by Lowry who's 6 feet tall. Myrie has near zero defenders awareness, what's his rating in 2K?

agreed. If d was all about effort anyone could be a good defender.
You wouldn't say all it takes is effort to be a good offensive player.

The same applies to defense. People just don't value defense as much as they do offense. 

There's plenty of bad defenders who work hard as hell at it. Try very hard at it.

in regards to resigning Harrison, I doubt the Dubs offer much more than what they offered him last summer. Dude wants to be making money that the #2 player on a team commands, but is barely cutting it as a 4th option. I love what I've seen from him in the past 2-3 games, but he's been terribly inconsistent and has disappeared more often than not.

Given their current payroll, I bet the Warriors are willing to see HB walk and develop Kevon Looney. Looney isn't as athletic as HB, but that boy could grab boards like tristan thompson and could spread the floor. Midrange game is solid.

in regards to resigning Harrison, I doubt the Dubs offer much more than what they offered him last summer. Dude wants to be making money that the #2 player on a team commands, but is barely cutting it as a 4th option. I love what I've seen from him in the past 2-3 games, but he's been terribly inconsistent and has disappeared more often than not.

Given their current payroll, I bet the Warriors are willing to see HB walk and develop Kevon Looney. Looney isn't as athletic as HB, but that boy could grab boards like tristan thompson and could spread the floor. Midrange game is solid.
Kevon aint a SF...

There's plenty of bad defenders who work hard as hell at it. Try very hard at it.
This is a HARD concept for people to grasp in any walk of life.

People make the same assumptions with poor FT shooters.

Like we ASSUME DeAndre and Drummond don't "practice hard enough" on making FTs.

How The hell would we know? How do we assume that? Because they aren't successful?

There isn't always a direct relationship between hours put in and success

no one really gave any valid reason for why this would be a close series other then " lebron" . Gs just looks like another class. Nearly every game last series okc made it a challenge for Gs to score. Those were hard fought baskets every game but one . I don't see how anyone thought cavs could win this series.

Havent been in here since the game so it might have been mentioned but damn did the Warriors ramp up their defensive rotations. Match that with Livingston's production, the two things that have been MIA for them the past 2 series'.

fam, you act like Steph and Klay are going to continue to combine for only 20 points.

If Cleveland doesn't win on Sunday, there's a decent chance they'll get swept.

Kevon aint a SF...

given that HB barely handles the ball on offense and doesn't typically guard the fastest player, I don't see why Looney can't fill in for what HB does

Skimmed your post, no disrespect but concerning Lebron you tend to be super less than objective but.....I do ask this

Give me the finals record of the top 5 GOATS then.

If Lebron is in talks to be top5 and this is why 2-7 would be terrible, give me the other top 5's resume, blood!

I'll wait.....
bruh GOAT is more than record, but if it's straight record ... there are plenty of people with better record.

6-0
5-1
5-2
4-2
3-2
5-4

I'm not even mentioning Bill ...

The fact that these teams played in harder conference in their respective eras is enough for me not to consider James a top 5.

James has made it to the finals all these year, but let's be serious... the eastern conference is Doo Doo ... his team would of have made it to the playoff in the western conference but I doubt he would of have made it to all them finals.

Again, my opinion about James isn't based on finals records but let's be honest when people open record books in the future they aren't judging on self proclaimed titles but rather factual stats and myths ... all that at the current moment are not on his favor.

When e talk about the Buffalo Bills what do we talk about?

Last edited:
I'm sorry the size excuse is just that an excuse. Dude got cooked by Lowry who's 6 feet tall. Myrie has near zero defenders awareness, what's his rating in 2K?
this
what was Lindsey Hunter 6'1? One of the best defensive guards ever, CP3 ain't big, Mario Chalmers, Conley etc...

Last edited:

fam, you act like Steph and Klay are going to continue to combine for only 20 points.

You can also use the argument that GS bench won't be as great as they were GM 1 though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom