The Official NBA Finals Thread: Game 7 - Cleveland Cavaliers are your 2016 NBA Champions

Who will win the 2016 NBA finals?

• Dubs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cavs

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can also use the argument that GS bench won't be as great as they were GM 1 though.

GS goes back to their normal bench production abs Klay and Steph play to their normal capabilites. How is the game different?

So between Kyrie giving up 15-20 points by himself, the bench being outscored by 35 and the Cavs committing 17 TO's to GS's 9 and the the dubs getting 25 points off TO's...the Cavs only losing by 15 really got y'all convinced this won't be a series??

:rofl:

Last edited:
This the same dude that said they "only lost by 15" last night, correct?

I'd say effort and IQ is
Effort is a biiiiiig part of the equation when it comes to defense. A huge part and there is no arguing that. At all.

Dudes apparently believe that you have to be a born defender or something. You really don't. Playing basketball all my life has taught me that. If you don't have the "IQ" to stay w/ your man or switch off screens, then basketball is not the sport for you

Effort =/= IQ though, they're both needed. I can know how to jump the passing lane all day but if I don't put forth the effort, easy passes. On the other side, I can jump the passing lane all day but if I don't have the IQ to know when and know how, same thing happens.

Skimmed your post, no disrespect but concerning Lebron you tend to be super less than objective but.....I do ask this

Give me the finals record of the top 5 GOATS then.

If Lebron is in talks to be top5 and this is why 2-7 would be terrible, give me the other top 5's resume, blood!

I'll wait.....

I'll give you the guys I have ahead of him right now.

MJ 6-0
Kareem 6-4
Magic 5-4
Russell 11-1
Duncan 5-1
Kobe 5-2
Shaq 4-2
Bird 3-2
Wilt 2-5
Bron 2-4

Funny though people say don't count the losses in 2007 or 2015 against Lebron, but somehow count the appearances, like how Sway? So is he really 2-2? Well that's still not better than the other guys on the list. He's the only one in the top 10 outside of Wilt with a losing record.

Damn, I really didn't think he'd be the worst.

Objectively though, I think he's been an underdog in every Cavs appearance.

But if(which you can't) just take his Miami years which is the only team outside of this years Cavs even remotely comparable to those other GOATS Dynasty teams, 2-2 looks a lot better. Or possibly 4-2 if he didn't bounc after 4 years.

Miami was his Dynasty shot, he'll just never be like the old Goats due to circumstance, but he's going to be a GOAT, we just have to accept that

2013 Miami team would have been perfect to face this GSW team. Bosh is a amazing pick and roll defender with length and scoring. Shane could have guarded Green. Curry may have cooked Mario a few times, but Wade could stop Thompson

NT's revisionist history is hilarious. Wade could stop Thompson? This ****** knees would implode by the 3rd. Wade's perimeter D was trash. Boy had a hole season of buzzer beaters being hit on him before Lebron gifted him 2 rings

Ok.

no one really gave any valid reason for why this would be a close series other then " lebron" . Gs just looks like another class. Nearly every game last series okc made it a challenge for Gs to score. Those were hard fought baskets every game but one . I don't see how anyone thought cavs could win this series.

Lebron by himself was able to bulldoze the paint against this same exact dubs team sans Varejao and won a road game and a home game. NT is the only place exclaiming Lebron is better off without Love and Irving.

fam, you act like Steph and Klay are going to continue to combine for only 20 points.

Will the dubs bench score 45 again?

If Cleveland doesn't win on Sunday, there's a decent chance they'll get swept.

So the best team in the east can't even win a home game in a 7 game series?

You can also use the argument that GS bench won't be as great as they were GM 1 though.

The first logical post in a page...

So between Kyrie giving up 15-20 points by himself, the bench being outscored by 35 and the Cavs committing 17 TO's to GS's 9 and the the dubs getting 25 points off TO's...the Cavs only losing by 15 really got y'all convinced this won't be a series??
Lets gloss over the fact that Steph and Klay only had like 15 points combined.

Best team in the east don't mean a damn thing man. I initially picked the Dubs in 5 cause I had CLE taking one of those first 2 games in GS. I had the Warriors winning both in CLE anyway. They don't matchup with these dudes well at all.

Again, I disagree.  There were at least 15-20 points last night where he got beat off of simple moves or back cuts.  That's bad D.

fam, you act like Steph and Klay are going to continue to combine for only 20 points.

I disagree, I think the box score from last night makes it easy to get carried away with point totals. However, the play of the bench last night goes beyond their scoring. The cavs bench is seriously outmatched by Livingston, Iggy, and even Festus both defensively and offensively. Moving forward, whenever Cleveland throws out their second unit I seriously feel that the Warriors bench will either increase their lead or cut into a deficit.

@PMatic Perry Jones the 3rd! That should be the Warriors primary target this offseason. Elite size, 6'10 or so with 7'3 wingspan, runs/jump out the building, has shot 40% from 3 when Brooks had him playing the 2, has successfully defended LeBron James, probably guarded KD a lot in practice, plays/defends any position (particularly as a backup). I'd let Speights walk and bring PJ3 in for thr absolute minimum

Best team in the east don't mean a damn thing man. I initially picked the Dubs in 5 cause I had CLE taking one of those first 2 games in GS. I had the Warriors winning both in CLE anyway. They don't matchup with these dudes well at all.

I do see a matchup problem, but the Cavs are very sporadic. They are very capable of getting hot & beating GS in multiple games

@PMatic Perry Jones the 3rd! That should be the Warriors primary target this offseason. Elite size, 6'10 or so with 7'3 wingspan, runs/jump out the building, has shot 40% from 3 when Brooks had him playing the 2, has successfully defended LeBron James, probably guarded KD a lot in practice, plays/defends any position (particularly as a backup). I'd let Speights walk and bring PJ3 in for thr absolute minimum
This. I'm surprised more teams haven't gone after him.

I really don't care what Lebron's record in the finals is. 6 straight is six straight, and with some of the team's he's had over the year's it's even more miraculous given the bums he carries.

I expect him to be more aggressive (i.e. run people over) on Sunday and less distributor focused.

It doesn't matter how many times you get the Kyrie on Draymond switch if he's just gonna miss it.

I really don't care what Lebron's record in the finals is. 6 straight is six straight, and with some of the team's he's had over the year's it's even more miraculous given the bums he carries.

I expect him to be more aggressive (i.e. run people over) on Sunday and less distributor focused.

2007 was the only year, what other season has he carried bums through a conference that's clearly trash?

dude sounds foolish. I understand every game is its own game but only lost by 15. Dude makes it sound like it was close and they lost by one possession or two.

Listed a dozen reasons the cavs lost and really don't have an answer for in an attempt to convince us that Cleveland has a chance

What adjustments can be made for Irvin's defense other than taking him out of the game? His size isn't going to change overnight and neither will his defensive abilities

You can't hide him anywhere even Barnes would torch him

the only thing about Lebron not being focused on being a distributor is that last year's finals we've seen what happens when he plays heroball..he'll have historic stat lines but an L

Perry Jones III is nice. He was projected in top 10. The question is how are his knees? That's the reason why teams didn't go after him after a scout stating Jones's knees will hold up for 3-4 years.

This is a HARD concept for people to grasp in any walk of life.

People make the same assumptions with poor FT shooters.

Like we ASSUME DeAndre and Drummond don't "practice hard enough" on making FTs.

How The hell would we know? How do we assume that? Because they aren't successful?

There isn't always a direct relationship between hours put in and success
yup. most of these same dudes cant grasp the concept that everyone has different limitations. all you got to do is practice something and you can be good at it according to most dudes on here.

. its ridiculous that people think d is all about effort. d is a talent . plain and simple. 

Last edited:

roll.gif

This dude has probably played with more hall of famers than any other player in the last decade.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom