The Official NBA Finals Thread: Game 7 - Cleveland Cavaliers are your 2016 NBA Champions

Who will win the 2016 NBA finals?

• Dubs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cavs

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was listening to Bill Simmons pod and he brought up an interesting point regarding Curry's contract.

He's making 4x as much money off the court than on and after this championship that will only go up.

Say they go for the 3 peat next year, what's stopping Curry from doing what MJ did and taking replacement player money to keep GSW able to do anything roster wise?

Heck no. I wouldn't do that. Everyone is just 1 injury away from it all being gone in a flash. I would lock in the most solid, long term, expensive contract I could. He already went back to back in MVPs and Championships (knock on wood), why would he do that? Now is his time to get paid.

Last edited:
Unless KD shocks us all and signs with the Spurs, I just don't see anyone beating these guys the next two seasons.

East is a wash. OKC is the only threat.

Unless KD shocks us all and signs with the Spurs, I just don't see anyone beating these guys the next two seasons.

East is a wash. OKC is the only threat.

Same here.

I hope GSW sings the pieces they need to match up better with OKC next seasn. I mean, they beat them in the series, so technically, OKC needs to match them, but still

I see ya'll in here encouraging pay cuts again
mean.gif

Will NEVER understand fans who say this type of ****. 

Last edited:
Unless Durant wants to come, it's wiser to just re-sign Barnes. Even at the max.

And this is coming from someone that's not a fan of his.

Far as I'm concerned refs absolutely goofed by letting the Dray and Bron thing get as far as it did. I mean ref stepped right into their altercation and walked back out like everything was cool. How do you advocate suspending Draymond for that? It should have never gotten to the point where he could do that in the first place

I found this odd also... Like as TV spectators, we all saw what was going on, how LeBron turned around with the quickness.

There was a ref literally 2 feet away from them facing that direction and ignored everything.

I call "rig" it's like the ref wanted to wait until Green say something so they can hit them both with double technical.

But since Dray immediately turned away to avoid confrontation, they couldn't throw the tech.

Okay yall talking bout what the Warriors should do next season, s o what about the Cavs
nerd.gif
Gotta find a way to move Love and dump some players like Shump, Deli, James Jones, Mo Williams etc.

The roster needs a complete revamp so I see a lot of changes to their roster.

If ya'll think their 1 piece away then it's gone be a long year.

Gotta find a way to move Love and dump some players like Shump, Deli, James Jones, Mo Williams etc.

Needs a complete revamp

1 piece away

**** doesn't compute bro lol

Was listening to Bill Simmons pod and he brought up an interesting point regarding Curry's contract.

He's making 4x as much money off the court than on and after this championship that will only go up.

Say they go for the 3 peat next year, what's stopping Curry from doing what MJ did and taking replacement player money to keep GSW able to do anything roster wise?

Heck no. I wouldn't do that. Everyone is just 1 injury away from it all being gone in a flash. I would lock in the most solid, long term, expensive contract I could. He already went back to back in MVPs and Championships (knock on wood), why would he do that? Now is his time to get paid.

Curry could take the minimum because he is so humble. Similarly, Durant and Bron have monster shoe contracts, but since they are all about money and not winning, they would never do something like that.

:nerd:

Needs a complete revamp

1 piece away

**** doesn't compute bro lol
I think he was saying they AREN'T one piece away

Unless Durant wants to come, it's wiser to just re-sign Barnes. Even at the max.

And this is coming from someone that's not a fan of his.

I don't see how it's smart to keep him at the max, even with the rising cap.

this
man has has 1 good game and yall just throw fmvp at him
Only 3 games my dude who was dominant enough throughout all three to deserve it? This game was actually close and he was one of the main reason they won, another good one and he's a clear MVP. However, who cares .. he would have another chip.

View media item 2064748
Really?[emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji] Keep those ****

I don't understand why you care either way.

For real.

I'm all of athletes getting what they're worth, it was just a thought and it's not really that our the realm of possibility.

I mean how much money do you really need? Bron has been making more money off the court for years and that's why he was able to do the Miami deals.

I could see Curry doing that, as much as he likes to win and the freedom of playing on an all time great team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom