The Official NBA Finals Thread: Game 7 - Cleveland Cavaliers are your 2016 NBA Champions

Who will win the 2016 NBA finals?

• Dubs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cavs

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm interested to see how much of an impact the Bogut injury will be.

Lebby and Myrie better eat in the paint. TT too.

Scott Foster officiated Game 6 of the Finals last year. Warriors will be fine there.

I don't buy into the narrative this is a must-win for the Warriors at all (no way in hell Warriors lose 2 home games in one series..if that does happen Cavs get all the credit in the world, but I don't think it'll happen), although they definitely need to do all they can. That being said, I think they still take care of business tonight, and I expect Steph and Klay to get going.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, I have the Cavs winning tonight. I've been pretty spot on this series on a game by game basis.

I had the Warriors in 6, but if GS doesn't close out tonight they will find themselves losing game 7 at home. Clev would have ALL the momentum, GS would have ALL the pressure and the Cavs would also be highly motivated to win the series on GS home court the same way GS won in Clev.

Besides, can you guys imagine the narrative the media would run with if this happened? Being the only team to come back down 3-1 in the NBA Finals without home court advantage? It would be the perfect narrative for LeBron finally bringing a title to The Land.

Too much is on the line tonight. GS has got to be feeling the pressure. I really don't want to see the Cavs win a title in my lifetime or win one with LeBron on the team :lol:

nope.

and cavs gotta feel the pressure too. dubs win tonight. by +9 +13

Last edited:
I'm interested to see how much of an impact the Bogut injury will be.

Lebby and Myrie better eat in the paint. TT too.

No Bogut worries me if I'm the Warriors. He's been a difference maker this series. Albeit, he's shown his offensive inefficiencies. He's been a rim protector for them. IDK if Ezeli or Speights can bring what Bogut brought so far.

man i kinda hate how 6/16, the day of pac's birth, might be overshadowed by the day the dubs always win the 'ship.

6/16/71

6/16/15

6/16/16

I think the only factor Bogut's absence will play is that the minutes he would have been on the court TT will get a few more rebounds and possibly another layup to two. Also there won't be as many screens set outside the paint.

No Bogut worries me if I'm the Warriors. He's been a difference maker this series. Albeit, he's shown his offensive inefficiencies. He's been a rim protector for them. IDK if Ezeli or Speights can bring what Bogut brought so far.
a few games he hasn't even played much. I think they'll be fine without bogut. Didn't he get benched last year as well?

Who do you think GSW starts with do they go small?
Do they start iggy instead of trash Barnes ? And Insert festus?

Man I notorious big use to be one of my favs but after I read somewhere he was dissing PAC after PAC died I wasn't ******* with him no more.

You gotta be a despicable human being to do that and I bet he had something to do with PACs death. Karma is a ***** tho

a few games he hasn't even played much. I think they'll be fine without bogut. Didn't he get benched last year as well?
Yea but son was playing TERRIBLE last year toward the end of the playoffs

He's been a good rim protector this series and of course his screens are always nice, but if Ezeli can stay out of foul trouble he'll be a fine replacement 

Last edited:

The Warriors already struggle on the boards. Giving up offensive rebounds would be suicide for them. If there's anything we learned from the OKC series, rebounding def comes at a premium for the Warriors.

I think the only factor Bogut's absence will play is that the minutes he would have been on the court TT will get a few more rebounds and possibly another layup to two. Also there won't be as many screens set outside the paint.

Different series, different teams.

Bogut actually makes a difference this series, whether NT wants to believe it or not. Kerr needs to drop the hammer and throw the first punch tonight. I wouldn't even want to give Clev an opp to think they have a shot.

Who do you think GSW starts with do they go small?
Do they start iggy instead of trash Barnes ? And Insert festus?

start off the gm small
dray at 5, iggy inserted in the lineup

kyrie/steph
jr/klay
bron/iggy
love/barnes
tt/dray

does lue stick with love?
with bogut out, his screens, passing and size will be missed. he played a huge factor setting the tone in gm 2

Last edited:
Unfortunately, I have the Cavs winning tonight. I've been pretty spot on this series on a game by game basis.

I had the Warriors in 6, but if GS doesn't close out tonight they will find themselves losing game 7 at home. Clev would have ALL the momentum, GS would have ALL the pressure and the Cavs would also be highly motivated to win the series on GS home court the same way GS won in Clev.

Besides, can you guys imagine the narrative the media would run with if this happened? Being the only team to come back down 3-1 in the NBA Finals without home court advantage? It would be the perfect narrative for LeBron finally bringing a title to The Land.

Too much is on the line tonight. GS has got to be feeling the pressure. I really don't want to see the Cavs win a title in my lifetime or win one with LeBron on the team :lol:

Really??? I feel the complete opposite. ALL the pressure is on Cleveland tonight. It's not the like the previous series where OKC had to close it out in 6. In that series, if they didn't close it out, they knew they had to go to Oracle for Game 7 and it was pretty much a wrap for them. In this series though, if this was to go to 7, Golden State would be back home in one of, if not, the toughest arenas to play in for opposing teams.

Its obvious bogut plays a huge factor cuz if he ain't in there its more minutes for speights who couldn't guard oliver miller with cement blocks on

Lebron was just destroying him

Last edited:
His stats will always fool you

His stats don't fool you, he's just so ahead of his peers that his stats are whatever to people at this point. Especially since he's been doing it for so long. All that stuff will be more respected once he retires.

Last edited:
Yes, in some of those games Golden State shooters shook free because of the inability to shoot the gap on Bogut's screens.

Last edited:

Its obvious bogut plays a huge factor cuz if he ain't in there its more minutes for speights who couldn't guard oliver miller with cement blocks on
HAHA! That's a great reference that not enough people will get in here.

wiith no mosgov, bogs hasnt been that big of a deal. but not to say he's brought no value. i liked his presence and I feel bad he's gone down. The blocks and rim protection has been solid. but ezeli can do some of the same. He just has to play smart. He can play, so as long as he limits the bonehead things that he does, dubs will be fine on that front.

It's 2/7 not 2-7. I've only seen it incorrectly used on this site, it drives me crazy

Petty :lol:

he is right though. i've found it kind of annoying as well. didnt drive me crazy, but, like, meh.

He's not even right though, 2-7 also translates to 2 for 7.

also translates to 2 and 7.

Yes. Yes it does. Neither is incorrect. Letting one or the other drive you crazy and falsely believing one or the other is incorrect.... is incorrect.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom